The Surrey
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
1,977 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I am a very detailed oriented hotel guest. Small things mean everything to me. When you pay $800+ a night plus room service, bar tabs, dinner etc you expect quite a bit more from a hotel. Our room was 1404. Great because it accommodated 3 guests beautifully. A large bathroom for 3 ladies and a great sitting area that we used quite a bit. The details that were missed. Room cleanliness was ok. Not great looked hurried. No coffee maker. Had to call for ice. Not enough bath products. Ice Cold cream when ordering coffee. This detail annoyed me to no end. I asked for it everytime I ordered but they just didn't get it. I stay at Relais Chateau hotel group for a reason. Because of the attention to detail. In every way. The bar was wonderful and who could ever say anything wrong about a Daniel restaurant? Not me...But, I enjoy getting breakfast downstairs and that was not an option, I had to order room service and too many things were forgotten when I did order. Which is quite bothersome. I typically stay at St. Regis and/or Plaza Athenee on my visits. I do not get charged for Internet for my stay no matter what package I purchase. It is a lovely hotel and staff is polite. Not perfection but few can compare to St Regis in fact only 4 others around the world come to mind. I loved the area. I will say for NYC the room was large and well done. Beds beautifully done and very comfortable. Choose suite with fireplace at least. And a high floor.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Particulardvswank
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your candid feedback from your recent experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location and that our spacious guest accommodations and custom Duxiana bedding exceeded your expectations. I am also pleased to hear that our entire team was successful in extending warm and gracious service delivery.

Despite these highlights, I was truly disappointed to learn of the service lapses you experienced during your stay, especially with your less than perfect experience with In-Room Dining.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to our wireless internet pricing. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we periodically audit our pricing for our services.

Kindly know that we provide Nespresso machines upon request and we will be happy to do so on future stays. It is our pleasure to provide ice to our guests and I am truly sorry that this standard created an inconvenience for you.

Please know that your feedback has been taken in the spirit intended and I have shared your comments regarding the room cleanliness and supply of bath amenities with Mr Erik Wood, Director of Housekeeping, in hopes of preventing future such occurrences.

We truly hope that these events have not marred your overall impression of The Surrey and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned from our stay at the Surrey. Both being incredibly fussy, we loved this hotel and would definitely revisit again. Lovely quiet hotel, we were on the 16th floor and had a room with a balcony and fireplace - perfect size to dump shopping bags and other paraphernalia. It was lovely and quiet with views to Central Park if you craned your neck hard left over the balcony! Not recommended if you have vertigo. The bed was so comfortable and we had a large bathroom with separate shower. The staff were helpful, friendly, chatty (particularly Pablo the doorman) and courteous. We had a great time and spent the first evening in the bar which was really good to have a few cocktails and wind down after our flight and the bar food was delicious from oysters to beef 'sliders'. The hotel provided a good base to go and explore and we had a great time. Can highly recommend.

Room Tip: We chose the deluxe room with fireplace and balcony. Spacious with large bathroom with separate shower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophie_B665

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic and tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park and the other gems of the Upper East Side.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your spacious Studio Suite accommodations with views of Central Park featuring custom Duxiana bedding and oversized glass enclosed showers.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm, gracious and personalized service delivery and I am so pleased that our entire team most notably Mr Pablo Castro, our wonderful Doorman, was successful in achieving this with you.

I concur that the innovative libations of Coco Chanel Bar Pleiades are sublime.

We truly thank you for your continued patronage to The Surrey and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. For those that have been to New York before and can do without the overwhelming bustle of midtown, this is a great choice. The hotel's neighborhood is refined, quiet, safe, and convenient -- adjectives which also apply to the hotel itself. This is a hotel where the staff really do try to make you happy -- whether that means offering you bottles of water for your trip home, providing turn-down service (with slippers places neatly by the bed) every night, or making sure that you receive preferential seating at the in-house restaurant (Cafe Boulud). The rooms themselves are large and well appointed, with fine marble bathrooms and an elegant but not ostentatious decor. All in all, coming home to this hotel felt like a breath of fresh air after a long day of touring. Finally, in terms of value, I think that this hotel does quite well. By no means cheap, it is nonetheless in the same class as other Five Star hotels in the city (e.g.; the Carlyle) while often being priced somewhat lower.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent stay with us. We are honored to have provided you with a breath of fresh air after a long day of touring New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic and tranquil Upper East Side location.

We pride ourselves on the thoughtful and intuitive service provided by our team and I am so pleased that we were successful in achieving this with you.

I am thrilled that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design and spacious guest accommodations, including the Italian Carrara marble bathrooms exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the culinary delights of Michelin starred Café Boulud.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a gem! We booked this hotel and when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. It's situated on a quiet street in the city. The staff was very friendly and attentive which made us feel welcomed. But the best part was the room! It was rather large especially for nyc standards. Very clean and well decorated. We will make this our favorite hotel to stay at in nyc from now on.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Mr. Dean S
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent stay with us. We are truly honored to have become your favorite hotel in New York City.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location and that our team members were successful in providing you with personalized and intuitive service delivery.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations featuring inspiring design by Lauren Rottet.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

They Surrey is on 76th Street, right off Central Park also shopping heaven. The staff is welcoming, and knowledgeable. Rooms are very comfortable and luxuriously appointed. The spa is a calm oasis with pampering treatments. In room dining is very good. Cafe Bouloud is a gourmet destination and the bar on the main floor is gorgeous and terrific. Wouldn't think to stay anywhere else in NYC!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most generous feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey. We are honored that we have become your hotel of choice in New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic and tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park and famed Madison Avenue shopping and that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm, gracious and caring service delivery and I am so pleased that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

I concur that Cornelia Spa in a calm oasis and that the treatments are sublime.

We are thrilled that the culinary delights of Michelin starred Café Boulud as well as In-Room Dining and the innovative libations of Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.