The Surrey
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$182
US$148
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
1,977 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A very quiet upper east side hotel in Manhattan. Superb location, close the museum mile and 10m from Central Park.
We (my wife and I, with our 4 children) took the grand deluxe 2 bedrooms suite and the accommodation was fine, with enough space for all of us, which in NY is always a bonus. The rooms are well furnished, while the bathrooms could be improved. Minibar and amenities are quite good, with a Nespresso machine in each room. There are no common areas, so when booking a room make sure you get a large one, as you won't have anywhere else to stay. The restaurant is good enough, better for dinner than for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paolo B
Rene R, Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Paolo B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Museum Mile and Central Park. I was also thrilled to learn that our spacious suite accommodations, honor bar featuring products by Dean & Deluca as well as Michelin starred Café Boulud exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the bathrooms. We will be sure to take your comments into consideration as we consistently improve on our product. I was truly disappointed to learn that the common area in our lobby was not suitable for you and your family. I sincerely hope that this has not marred your overall impression of The Surrey.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Surrey in the summer of 2013 on an overnight on the way back from Italy for our 10th Anniversary. We had a very short time there, but the service from the hotel staff was incredible. They were over the top in making sure we were comfortable and headed to the right spots for dinner and entertainment. Our travel agent arranged for an awesome setup of Champagne and rose petals in our room while we were out at dinner. The decor is amazing, the rooms are pure luxury. All the details are perfect at The Surrey. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaSteve_17
Rene R, Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear ScubaSteve_17,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your experience at The Surrey on TripAdvisor. We are honored to have been a part of your special anniversary celebration.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the inspiring Lauren Rottet design and spacious guest accommodations to the personalized and intuitive service delivery provided by our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am going for business every 2 months in New York since 2 years and staying at The Surrey Hotel is a pleasure, you are never disappointed.There is a great team to make your stay quite and pleasant. A particular thanks to Brian who is very helpful and kind and to the breakfast team who is great and nice too ! For sure I know where I will stay during my next business trip in New York. Thank you ! Catherine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you have become such an advocate for The Surrey.

We pride ourselves on the warm and gracious service provided by our team members and I am delighted that we continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you especially for recognizing Mr. Brian Conboy, Doorman, and the wonderful team in Café Boulud for the exceptional service extended to you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

When my daughter from London, England, stayed at the Surrey as part of her honeymoon in April 2014, I asked the hotel to make her visit extra special with some flowers for her room. The Guest Relations team - led by Rachel Leyland - did a great job in helping me organise this remotely. She found and arranged the most suitable flowers and gifts. At all times she was friendly, courteous and efficient. Many thanks again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MLB1953

Dear MLB1953,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience with us. We are truly honored to have been a part of your daughter’s honeymoon celebration.

I am thrilled to learn that Ms. Rachel Leyland, Guest Relations Manager, was successful in extending personalized and intuitive service delivery and was so efficient in assisting you.

We look forward to welcoming your daughter back for her anniversary and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at The Surrey numerous times over the past few years. From girls trips to romantic getaways with my husband, The Surrey never disappoints. Just booked another stay for July! I LOVE being on the Upper East Side and so close to Central Park. You can't beat the location. Staying at The Surrey is always like coming "home". The staff always remembers us and goes above and beyond to make our stay extraordinary.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmericanExpat92

Dear AmericanExpat92,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor from your frequent stays with us.

I am delighted that you continue to enjoy our tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park and that our team members consistently exceed your expectations with warm, gracious and intuitive service delivery.

We truly thank you for your continued patronage and advocacy of The Surrey and look forward to welcoming you back in July to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.