The Surrey
US$385
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Pool
US$264
US$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$360
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
US$308
US$274
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$239
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
Hotels.com
US$444
US$415
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
  • Fitness centre
US$191
US$157
1,959 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkmuseum mileroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently spent a week at The Surrey while I was moving and my new Manhattan apartment was not yet ready. it truly became my home away from home! The service was impeccable and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and help me when i had to extend my stay ( twice). The room service was terrific after long tiring days, and so were the gym and the spa. The Surrey has a European, chic feeling about it and, for me, it is located in the best neighborhood. I would warmly recommend it to friends and to visitors who want a true Upper East Side experience in New York City.

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner rooms get the best light and view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Manuela G

Dear Manuela G,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent one week stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location and that our In-Room Dining provided by Michelin starred Café Boulud and fitness center exceeded your expectations. I concur that Cornelia Spa is one of our most special attributes and provides the utmost tranquil treatments.

Thank you especially for recognizing the warm and gracious service provided by our team members.

We truly appreciate your advocacy of The Surrey and word of mouth recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

For our 27th wedding anniversary and attending the James Beards Awards ceremony, we knew we needed more than any ordinary hotel. The Surrey lived up to its name and more. Beautiful flowers in the room upon arriving and champagne on our anniversary day. Rachel Leyland, Guest Relations Manager, went out of her way to make us feel special every day. The staff were professional and yet friendly. We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank n_johnston

Dear n_johnston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly honored to have been part of your special anniversary celebration.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm, gracious and caring service delivery and I am thrilled that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing Ms. Rachel Leyland, Guest Relations Manager, for the exceptional service she extended to you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

First of all the good stuff.
-Great location- a quick walk to Central Park or across to the Subway on Lexington.
-Friendly staff, especially the concierge staff couldn't do any more to help.
-Fantastic Cafe Boulud for breakfast and dinner.
- Great room and bathroom. Very comfy bed. Great shower!
- A misunderstanding over the room rate was immediately sorted out to our satisfaction with no questions asked.

Why not five stars then?

Unfortunately for two nights of our four night stay we were woken at between 1 and 2am by an incredibly load garbage truck being loaded and crushing garbage right under our window at the front of the hotel. This was a very loud operation, not helped by the operators of the truck shouting to make themselves heard over the racket. I didn't know what it was at first and was amazed when I looked out to see what was happening. I hoped it was a one off but when it happened the second time I was not amused. The whole operation took about 30 minutes, maybe more! I can't understand how this is acceptable even in NYC. I would suggest that to be sure of a good night's sleep that you request a room at the back.

Also I'm not sure whether it was just me but I could not get the complex lighting controls to give me anything other than full brightness of all lights or almost complete darkness.

One final small point. We were staying in NYC for my wife's 50th birthday, her first visit. The hotel were aware of this but no special token or effort was made to recognise this. Small things like that
make a big difference.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back to avoid the middle of the night garbage truck
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnofwin

Dear johnofwin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.

Although we exceeded your expectations in many regards, I would like to extend my most heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to the lighting controls as well as the exterior noise pollution. I was truly disheartened to learn that you did not enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.

I would further like to apologize for our error in arranging a special amenity for your wife’s birthday. I understand that a member of our Guest Relations team has been in contact with you and I hope that we have restored your faith and trust in us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Everything was terrific. A first class NYC hotel of the highest quality! The rooms are terrific, the front desk is terrific, the location of tge hotel is perfect for everything. They will take good care of you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mr. David P
Rene R, Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Mr. David P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the tranquil Upper East Side location and spacious guest accommodations to the personalized service provided by our team members.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We wanted to stay in a five star boutique hotel on the UES and that is exactly what we got with the Surrey.Our room was light and airy and the bathroom was a very good size with a great shower. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and highly efficient... I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in New York. It is close enough to be within walking distance but far enough to be quiet. I loved my stay at the Surrey and will absolutely return to stay at the Surrey when I visit NYC.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicola s
Rene R, Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Nicola S,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location and that our spacious guest accommodations and oversized glass enclosed showers exceeded your expectations.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you.

We sincerely thank you for your advocacy of The Surrey and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.