The Surrey takes you by surprise. First, it is a prewar building with all that brings--well insulated from sound, gracious in its design-understated elegance is the rule here. There is not a garish gold tone bathroom fixture in sight. The rooms are also quite very fairly priced for NYC. You feel as though you are visiting your upper east side apartment, not a hotel. The bar and restaurant are both by Daniel Boulud--who in my view is the best in the world at what he does. The roof deck is a hidden gem-drinks and small bites above it all--but not too high up--and you can watch the evening unfold. The staff is gracious and without peer-and with the advent of Uber-you can be anywhere in Manhattan in minutes. Why throw your self in the gaping tourist maw of midtown when you can have the serene (yes, in NYC ) side street steps from Central Park. Large -quiet- spotless rooms, attentive service throughout. This place is perfect. You will sleep, BTW, like you have never slept in a hotel before on the very lux Dux beds. Your cab driver may have trouble finding it, but you will ever forget it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City