“Superior hotel and staff...Fabulous stay!!”
Review of The Surrey

The Surrey
Ranked #91 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Our stay at The Surrey was beyond luxurious and comfortable! After sight-seeing all day, it was magnificent to soak in the marble tub or the double shower and then relax in the superior bedding! Each day, we returned to chocolate-dipped cookies, fresh fruit and comfy slippers waiting at bedside. I have never had such a great night of sleep....EVER! Your staff attended to every need and did so with friendliness, promptness, and most of all, professionalism. They treated us like we were family. They were knowledgable about the city and assisted us with our plans and travel needs....from getting us immediate transportation and restaurant reservations to checking us in at the airport! The suites are extra roomy, stylish and comfortable. My daughter took advantage of an unbelievable massage at the spa. We truly hated to leave! You should be extremely proud of your SUPERIOR staff, property and its reputation for being the BEST in NYC! We will DEFINITELY return.....and I hope SOON! Thank you for the fabulous stay! I highly recommend this hotel for the very BEST stay possible in NYC!

Reviewed 6 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Surrey for 3 days over a beautiful spring weekend. Could not have chosen a better hotel. The location is perfect, steps away from Central park, right next to Madison Ave and a short walk to many other attractions. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The room was the perfect size with good ventilation. The bathroom was amazing. We stayed in a king deluxe room and the bed was one of the best I have slept on. Room service was exemplary as well. Everything about this hotel was outstanding making my birthday weekend that much more special. Thank you and we look forward to visiting NY just so we can stay at The Surrey again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2010

Dear TravelBH,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Surrey and thank you for submitting a note on your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Surrey experience,hotel and of course location.

I will gladly share your comments with the team.

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

A brand new refurbished hotel, wonderful welcoming service, a world class bar and restaurant on site and a beautiful spring weekend in NYC.
The room on a high floor was nicely furnished, the bathroom luxurious, and the bed with a Duxianna mattress (though not my favorite) is a special attraction.

Having dinner and breakfast at Daniel Boulud Restaurant is worth the trip alone.

The concierge couldn't have been more helpful.

Steps to Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum but only a few minutes from Midtown by car, the Surrey is a "find".

Reviewed 4 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Surrey for one night (a Saturday evening). I cannot say enough about the service and the very helpful concierge. Decor is tasteful and understated. By NY standards, the room and bath were very large. Only drawback is that they should have included brochures IN THE ROOM
about the amenities (spa and fitness) which I would have taken advantage of if I had a brochure to review the various services. I stated this in the evening (and they sent me a couple of NYC magazines and another room service menu) and again at departure (as I remembered reading about these amenities on the web sitel). At that time, I was given a brochure describing all of the spa services, but, by that time I was waiting for my car to go home. Next time, I will ask for this brouchure when I check in. I think they should have one in every room.
The Surrey is now my new favorite NYC hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2010

Dear Keaton7,

Thank you for staying at the Surrey and thank you for posting a comment on your stay.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am very excited to hear that we could create a wonderful experience for you this weekend. I am concerned with the comment about your knowledge of the Spa and will deal with that with my team. Every room is suppose to have a Spa Brochure and also talked about when you are escorted to you room. Seems we missed that, my apologies.

I hope that you can enjoy a Spa experience on your next visit, its amazing.

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back to the Surrey soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2010

The staff is incredible. The bar has a really good and esoteric cocktail list. The design is very interesting. It is located in the heart of Upper East Side and one step from Central Park. Only downside: huge pillows, I like small ones.

Very lovely stay

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Menicaji

Dear Mencaji,

Thank you very much for staying at the Surrey and thank you for submitting a review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your Surrey experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then, my best to you.

Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stayed with my girflfriend in "The Surrey Hotel" in March 2010.
It's a beautiful hotel located close to Central Park ( one block -5minutes ) in the Upper East Side.
Near the hotel there is the subway ( line 6 ).
Excellent staff, especially the concierge staff and reception.
Rooms are beautiful and clean.
Breakfast is very good.
I'm a travel agent and I have been in many hotels in the world and I can confirm you that The Surrey is one of the best in NYC.
Thanks to all The Surrey's staff for their assistance and help for my journey in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2010

Dear Giammy77,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience.
My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am delighted to read that we could provide you a great expereince and that my staff could help enhance your stay in NYC. We look forward to your return.

Please feel free to call on us for any assistance when planning your next visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Surrey twice in the last month and have found a new gem! The hotel is located on a lovely side street off Madison Avenue on the Upper East side (76th). Upon arrival, the staff is welcoming and very personal. The lobby is serene and soft (quite different from the Mark Hotel around the corner). I especially love the inlaid mosaic floor - beautiful.

We stayed both nights in a Grande deluxe room with a separate living room, but even the regular rooms are lovely. Everything is decorated in a soft gray palette with lots of white and gray marble. The rooms are so quiet that you can't believe you're in NYC! The only side note is that on our last stay this week they were working on building something on the penthouse floor - maybe a rooftop lounge, and the construction was ongoing from 9 -5 pm both days. I only noticed because we were on the 16th floor.

I ordered room service for breakfast and was shocked when i was told it would arrive within 30 minutes, but would try to get it there sooner. 15 minutes later ( I kid you not), a beautiful breakfast arrived from Cafe Boulud! It was hot, and they did not miss a thing!

We have eaten at Daniel's restaurant, Cafe Boulud (adjoining to the hotel), which is spectacular and I highly recommend trying it. I have had cocktails in the Hotel bar. It is very dark and clubby. Done is beautiful grays and black, with a modern, seductive feel. I would also recommend going around the corner to The Mark for a drink. The bar is very cool and happening, but I would not recommend Jean Georges at the Mark. It was ok, but really nothing special. We had the Roast chicken for two, which someone had recommended and it was dry and very blah. There are much better places at that price - one being Cafe Boulud!

The staff was terrific at the Surrey and all seemed to be trying very hard to make everyone's stay, their best experience ever. They offer you bottled water as you leave for your outing and for your trip home. A lovely warm towel greeted us upon our check-in and I noticed constant attention to the smallest details while staying there.

The Surrey is my new favorite and we have stayed all over NYC as my husband works in the city and we try to spend two nights a month there. Run to make your reservation - it is the best deal in town right now!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2010

Dear Travllots,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey, and I appreciate the wonderful comments about your stay experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am excited to share your comments with my staff. It great to hear from our guests that the hard work and commitment they are making everyday is achieveing the results we strive for.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit and until then, wish you the best.

Thank you again.