We managed to get a great price for our room as we booked months in advance. Our room was on the 10th floor with a king bed and a view towards 49th St. The room was a lot more spacious than we were expecting (this is NYC after all) and it was very comfortable and warm. The shower was also a lot better than others we had used in a while. We were there during the 'polar vortex' in early Jan, and it was nice to have somewhere to peel off the many layers of clothing and relax in the warmth! The room got very hot at night (had to sleep on top of the covers), but that's a lot better than being bitterly cold.
The location is superb for a tourist, with a bewildering number of great bars and restaurants very close by. It was an easy walk to Central Park and the Met museum of art. Theatres are all close by, and of course Times Sq is a short 5min walk away. Plenty of subway stops are very handy too.
I had read a lot of reviews complaining about the elevators having long wait times, but we stayed for 6 nights and not once did we have to wait for what we would consider to be too long. The coin laundry in the basement was like a gift from the heavens as we had been on the road for over a month and we were very close to running out of clean clothes! I only wish more hotels had this service!
The staff were very nice and helpful, in particular the concierge/s who were always happy to offer some great advice. Next time we are in NYC, we would definitely look at staying at the Belvedere again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Belvedere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc