“Our home away from home in NYC.”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #223 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the 3rd time my husband and I have stayed in The Belvedere Hotel. I've been in NYC numerous times, definitely for me this hotel is by far the best place to stay in when visiting NYC. Excellent location, many nearby subway lines and walking distance to Time Square. Even with all the hustle and bustle of 8th Ave, this hotel is in a calm area that makes it perfect. The very efficient and polite team make my stay very pleasurable. Especially the efficient concierges Ed and Chris, they are simply top notch. A kitchenette is always useful to me, especially with the Food Emporium down the block.
The two elevators can cause a traffic jam at peak checkout times, but it is no big deal.
I'm looking forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra700
Write a ReviewReviews (5,579)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here, and booked from Expedia. In my review I will tell you the good and bad so you can determine if this hotel is for you!

Pro's:
This Hotel is in a great location! Times square is like a 5-10 minute walking distance. Subways to everywhere you need to go are within walking distance as well as Broadway shows, central park and lots and lots of places to eat!. Its sort of on a back end street, so the street itself is not busy amd there's a few restaurants right next store ( Italian and Mexican food). The rooms were a decent size not as small as I was expexcting. The staff were so amazingly nice and very helpful and willing to answer all questions about how to get to places you need to get to. They give you a map so its easier to understand. They always said hi and good morning and did it with a smile (very important to have great customer service). If you booked hop on hop off bus tours most have a stop in Times Square so its easily accessible from this hotel. We got a king executive suite and it was very nice and clean. I really enjoyed this hotel. And the staff were amazing!

Cons:
No free wifi, theres a charge ( only the bigger rooms have free wifi), theres computers and printers to use but you have to pay to use them, which I feel computer use and printing should be complimentary, All hotels I have stayed at throughout all my travels have never charged for using computers and printers. No complimentary continental breakfast (its like $12 or $15). To me if you're charging for computer service at least make continental breakfast free, after all out of all the hotels in New York WE CHOSE YOU so making your customers feel welcomed for choosing your hotel also includes complimentary stuff as well. The spot the hotel is can get noisy in the morning because of trash man, and you hear fire trucks ALL DAY (but this isnt the hotels fault, unfortunately every hotel in this area will have a noise problem because its a busy city, so if you want minimal noise I suggest you book away from this area), But it didn't really bother me too much, I expected it because its right in the middle of Manhattan, theres bound to be noise there.

Overall I enjoyed this hotel. It was clean, convenient, nice staff, great location and fancy looking. The only thing that would stop me from returning to this hotel and booking another hotel is no complimentary computers or free (or at least cheaper in price) continental breakfast, I already spent an arm and leg for the room. Later in our trip we did have another booking for a different area in another hotel which was cheaper in price just as nice and we weren't charge to use the computers and print ( had to print out stuff like boarding passes, tour tickets etc etc.) But if that's no big deal for you then this hotel can be great for you because that is the only con I have ; ) enjoy your trip to New York!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kris T
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked the Belvedere as a party of 3 (myself, husband and sister) for 11 nights in May. Our flight was cancelled and we had to e-mail to advise of arrival next day. Upon checking in the next day, they had to confirm our flight was cancelled which was done quickly. Our room was a good size with nice bathroom. coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Location was super as we were 2 blocks from the theatre district and 2 blocks from Times Square. Restaurants and hop-on-hop-off bus stops were also 2 blocks away. We were on the 9th floor with good air conditioning and windows that actually opened. Service was wonderful. Everytime we asked for something, they were able to accommodate us. The concierge willingly told us which subway line to take and where to get off for our destination. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeCoBl
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Belvedere hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. The room was a good size and had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in a separate little kitchenette area. The AC unit was a little loud but worked great. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything. We did not have to walk very far for anything. Most theaters, Times Square and good restaurants were all very close. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and chose the executive room options. Free wifi and updated AC.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sadie B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came to the Belvedere at the last minute and couldn't be happier.
Our room is a good size, nicely decorated, and the little kitchenette is great. We feel like we can really soak up the atmosphere of the theatre district and yet the hotel is in a quiet street. Great restaurants nearby.....avoid Times Square tourist traps and seek out 46th street and 9th Avenue where a world of culinary delights awaits.
The staff are lovely and, for those of you whingeing about the lifts, there are additional elevators along the cross corridor. In response to a previous comment, a fire evacuation means "do not take anything with you" !!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great location. Friendly staff. Nice room, we had the King Executive. It has a fridge and microwave so we kept some water and fruit in there. Able to accommodate and give us a great view on the top floor with a quiet room, you hear the odd honk and siren but you'll hear them anywhere. The boiler did have an issue at one point and we were without hot water, it was fixed fast and no other issues. Highly recommended, we'd definitely stay there again. Close proximity to Times Square, restaurants, and Broadway. Hop on/off bus is a block away, subway close too. Prices reasonable for New York.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdmontonBrian
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean and comfortable. Very central and easy access to subway and attractions.

Would definitely go back for a short stay.

No extras were provided (breakfast, internet) but it was perfectly fine since free wifi and plenty of places to eat were nearby.

Stayed: June 2014