“Fab location and comfy beds!”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #224 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Clean, roomy, awesome location, great staff. Would stay again if I make it to NY. I liked the fact that it was a bit older and had history behind it. Concierge on duty 12 hours a day which was helpful. We had room service one night and it was good.

Room Tip: Spacious. Price was good in comparison to others. Clean!! Location is excellent. We heard compla...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Belvedere is a wonderfully comfortable and excellently located hotel near Times Square, the theater district, and shopping. I have been staying here for over 10 years. The staff is professional and helpful and the rooms are spotless. They also have great seasonal sales you should check out. Our most recent trip was for our daughter's high school graduation gift, and we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: go for one of the executive rooms -- they are fabulous
1  Thank Sherry R
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First night in...AC didn't work. Told no other rooms available so the management did send in their repair man to work overtime on it. Kind. But overtime mean't we remained awake with a man using a blow torch to blow off the ice on our AC until after midnite. No compensation was offered until I requested it. And even then...it required serious requesting. I was given 2 free breakfasts. Room was nice. Bed comfortable. But the alarm clock didn't operate easily and kept alarming unless I unplugged it. And following check out, within about 12 hrs, I realized I'd left behind an item in the bathroom. Called to have it returned and told not in lost n found. Refused to actually check the room "again" until my fourth call. (The item was one I really regretted losing!). Told not in room. Nor was it placed in lost n found by the original housekeeper. I was told no other guests had been assigned the room since I departed this morning. Which means there is but one answer. Terribly disappointing. Will not return. Hotel clerk would only assert their housekeepers are honest. Never could get them to agree to actually ask the original housekeeper. Not surprising as it was pulling teeth to get them to check the actual room.

1  Thank suzannesW2693SZ
MichaelLink, General Manager at The Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Suzanne S,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Belvedere Hotel. I’m sorry to hear you feel we are overpriced. I recognize that there are many choices of hotels in Manhattan, and we work very hard to stay competitive, not only by offering great rates and promotions, but by providing quality accommodations and service. I reviewed your account and see that you booked a promotional rate that was extremely competitive for the time that you stayed with us. You also stayed in our highest quality executive room. I am familiar with the air conditioner issue in your room. Unfortunately, we did not have another room available so late in the evening since we were sold out, so an engineer was sent to the room to fix the unit. As you mentioned, breakfast was also offered for the inconvenience.
I see in the Lost & Found log that you reported a lost curling iron in the evening after you checked out. When reported, the Housekeeping Manager checked the lost & found area and log and did not find the item. I understand your frustration about the missing curling iron, but I have no reason to believe the staff took it. We have a strict lost & found policy and any items left in the room after departure are promptly turned in and logged in case they are claimed. For valuables that are found, we make every attempt to notify our guests by phone or e-mail if provided. I will have the staff check again and we will notify you if your curling iron is found.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It's an older hotel, but for me that's part of it's charm. Great rates for being in the heart of NYC. Staff is happy and helpful. I would stay here again! I have never been in any hotel that was cleaner. Floor was a shiny as a mirror.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen J
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Love this hotel! The Belvedere is in a great location. While this hotel is in a nice quiet neighborhood, within a short walk you will find Times Square, many Broadway theaters, tons of wonderful restaurants, and subway stops. We stayed in an Executive Room. The rooms are spacious with a refrigerator and microwave. With this room we had free WiFi, which was a great feature. The room was clean and was cleaned daily throughout our six night stay. The staff is wonderful to work with and very helpful. We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice art deco hotel with friendly helpful staff, well located on relatively quiet street. close to Broadway and Times Square and not far from Central Park. I called the Hotel the day before arrival and asked if there was a chance of a room with a view and we were put on the 14th floor so had a pretty decent outlook. room was a good size, clean and a bathroom although a bit small was functional and the beds are very comfortable. Aircon a bit noisy

Room Tip: higher rooms a bit quieter, south side good views