“Great option on the Upper East Side”
Review of The Franklin

The Franklin
Ranked #403 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great location for easy access to Upper East Side museums. Feels like a European hotel - and that is both positive and negative. On the positive side, it feels small and homey. Rooms are nicely decorated. Staff is generally friendly. On the negative side, rooms are very small, even by New York standards. I also find the added "resort fee" off-putting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FlashFish
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Flashfish,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We are truly happy that you felt in the comfort of your home in our rooms and that you enjoyed our location. We know how important location can be when it comes to planning a trip, and we promise we aren’t going anywhere. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Franklin is for the price the hotel most within walking distance of major NYC art museums. Stayed a week, daily immersed in art. My room was perfectly quiet. Liked the breakfast and cheese and wine freebies.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Charles R

Dear Charles R,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a Trip Advisor review on the Franklin hotel. I am delighted that the hotel was to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. Our location is one of the key features that makes are property special and a true hidden gem especially all of the ART surround us. My team and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Buyer beware! We reserved a studio room at this hotel through a third-party website and prepayed as usual. When we arrived, we were told that they had overbooked the room and put us in a smaller room. They would only refund the difference between the rooms.

Classic bait-and-switch.

Do not book at this hotel if you are counting on receiving the room you reserved. I have no way of knowing how typical this is and whether this is a tactic they use to make sure they sell all of their inventory but that's how it worked for us.

Otherwise:

The room we received was very very small -- you may get a room that is smaller that what you reserve. We did. The bed was also smaller than was advertised and not comfortable.

The shower had very poor water pressure and the sink was small and recessed. Hard to get to even for a slim person unless you stand sideways.

The location was where it was advertised to be (perhaps too difficult to fudge that one) and that was the one good thing about this hotel.

Room Tip: Beware -- we may not get the room you paid for in advance. We didn't.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan232323
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Franklin. We are sincerely sorry to hear that the visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem. Regarding the overbooking of your room, we really apologize for all the inconvenience it has caused. I welcome the opportunity to reach out to myself directly , and sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My son and I stayed in this hotel and we loved it. Especially the staff, very attentive, the room clean, excellent location. European style hotel. Thank you for the great reception. I will return and recommend. Katia and Gabriel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of The Franklin on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by the hotel were to your satisfaction. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've booked a room from spain, a few days ago, I'll be in the Franklin from 6th May until 13th May. I've writen to the reservation department in order to know if everything it's ok with my booking, but I had no answer.

It's funny, because I chose the hotel because of the kind answers of the manager, here, on tripadvisor. I thought this could be a kind hotel to stay on my Honeymoon.

I hope I could write better things when I'll come back from New york.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pequecapri

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review for The Franklin on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of communication, we pride ourselves in giving the best customer service possible. If you would like to confirm your reservation please feel free to contact the Franklin hotel directly at (212)369-1000 or by emailing your confirmation details directly to the front office at frontoffice@franklinhotel.com. I will make sure that someone in my staff gets back to you. I hope to hear back from you on the experience of your stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel staff was wonderful and very nice. Hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. They changed our room to one more suitable to fit a pack and play before we even asked.
My only con was with the central reservations. They were nice but did not have accurate information about the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Rachael S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Franklin. I’m glad you found our rooms were cleaned to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

General Manger