My husband booked The Franklin Hotel for a birthday gift for me so we could enjoy a day at the Met and on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We had a confirmed reservation and were told we could even leave our little suitcase there earlier in the day before official check-in time. When we arrived at 11, we were told there was no room and it didn't matter that we had a confirmed reservation. They offered to move us to a hotel in the 40s but that would have meant miles of walking to the museum and back. Though we were there first and were told by the front desk that 14 other people were checking in that afternoon, they refused to allow us to be one of the 14 though we had booked weeks earlier. Rude, awful and not willing to pay the difference we had to spend on another hotel. Don't book this hotel and expect to get a room. Front desk told us that they ofter overbook and you will not know were you are staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City