We stayed here for 3 nights in late August and loved everything about the hotel - well, almost everything. The bed was the most comfortable in the world and the pillows were excellent quality . The bathroom was very clean. The breakfast of fresh baguettes and French pastries, prosciutto, jam, cereal, yogurt, juices and coffee bar was fantastic (a little fruit would've made it perfect). The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The free WIFI was a classy touch. The location was perfect: 1 block from subway lines 4,5,6; many buses; shopping around the corner; Jamba Juice; Best Buy; Barnes & Noble; a pharmacy; the Metropolitan Museum of Art within walking distance; a movie theater around the corner; and an excellent French restaurant, Cafe d'Alsace, about 3 blocks away.
The hotel often has specials which can be found on their website, like the "3 nights for the price of 2".
What we didn't like about the hotel was the size of the rooms (tiny), the loud air conditioners (at least this blocked any possible noise from the street, elevator, hallway or adjacent rooms!) and their pet policy. We didn't know that pets were allowed and my son developed a terrible allergy during our stay. He was congested and sneezing all the time in the hotel. Thank goodness for the pharmacy across the street. Since the corridors and rooms are so small (and there is very little space between furniture and walls), it must be hard to manoeuver an industrial vacuum cleaner around the hotel. If we go back, I'll ask if there are any rooms that are pet-free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City