“Fantastic views ”

Park Lane Hotel
Ranked #260 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Fantastic views ”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

A surprise 40th for my wife, I upgraded at the hotel to have Central Park views rather than the city for $50 per night, a good choice! Views were spectacular. We arrived at night and we were on the 42nd floor, we deliberately left the curtains open to catch the sun rise over the city... Fantastic. The beds were really comfy. Downsides were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms, no welcome pack explaining things and an extra charge for wifi when your spending £240 per night, even MacDonald's don't charge for wifi!!
It has to be one of the best located hotels in Manhattan but make sure you get the park views!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because it had some good reviews and seemed a good price. I was in room 2307. Whilst the room is clean it is dated. The bath/shower is a classic difficult to set the temperature other than ice cold or take your skin off hot.

The lifts can clearly be heard going up and down and if you are a light sleeper this may prove difficult.

The biggest and worrying problem I had was when I went to plug in my phone I got a large electric shock and shorted out my entire room. The plug was hanging from the wall and I sure this could have gone much worse for me.

I reported it to the staff and they repaired the plug the following day however despite ampul opportunity no one said sorry or enquired how I was!!!! Would not return however cheap the deal may appear.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Gelsmith
Gabriel V, Guest Relations Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Gelsmith,

We apologize for the serious issue you experienced with the electric outlet in your room. We hope that you are alright after the shock. Thank you for sharing your concern so we can assure all is corrected for the next guest.

Please accept our sincerest apology for failing to follow up with you immediately after reporting the issue. The safety and welfare of our guest is a priority. We have shared your comment with our staff to prevent this incident from happening in the future. We have also asked engineering to re-check the outlets in the room as well as the water temperature. Thank you again for taking time to write this review. We hope you will give us another try to alter your initial experience at Park Lane Hotel New York.

Gabriel V
Guest Relations Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect. It is directly in front of Central Park and just around the corner is all the great shopping on 5th ave. It is also close to the subway stations so that was nice as well. The hotel itself was very clean, large room size for New York and most of the staff were friendly. My only real complaint is that the walls are very thin. Thankfully we had quiet neighbors so it wasn't an issue for us but I could see it being a problem if the room next to you had kids or disrespectful adults. Value for this hotel was great considering that it is directly next to the Plaza Hotel that charges about double. If I ever go back to New York I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Coronado, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We travel to NYC during the holidays each wit punter. The Park Lane hotel is the best value we have found in all of our trips. The room is bigger than average for Manhattan at this price point, and nicely appointed. They lost our reservation, but I showed them my confirmation email and they quickly fixed the issue with little fuss. Apparently management had changed and their computer system with it. We will try to stay here again on our next visit.

The deli just outside the back entrance is great for lunch, a breakfast sandwich or hot soup on a cold day!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristin A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel was recommended to us and by a friend but when I saw some of the previous reviews I was slightly concerned.
there was no need for concern, the hotel was fantastic in every way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone visiting the city.
the location is perfect, within easy waling distance of everything and so close to 5th Avenue. its in a lovely area so as two females on our own we always felt very safe even when venturing out at night.
the room was wonderful, clean and very comfortable with all of the amenities you could want and the maid service everyday was excellent. The beds were divine and ensure a great sleep.
only niggle for us, bring brits, was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room but to be honest there are so many cafés within 2 minutes it really wasn't a problem at all.
I really could not recommend this hotel enough and the staff were amazing.

Room Tip: High floor for great view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for two nights. Great location, but plenty of small things made stay a little unpleasant.

Firstly the checkin. I arrived after midnight after long flight, and there were three potential guests at reception desk in front of me negotiating prices, trying g different room combinations etc to get a good deal. No problem with people doing that and receptionist was being very helpful, but all I wanted to do was pickup key for my prebooked preagreed room. After a while a second person came and checked me in, but it seemed like forever.

The room was lovely and big. I had room 1108. Not particularly scenic. Nicely decorated but you have to search for things, like sockets, and light switches are a bit on archaic side. Room was very cold when I first arrived in it. Not everything worked, eg phone in room didn't.

Perhaps most annoying thing was the lift. It goes all night and can be clearly heard in the room.

Having said all the above, when I checked out I was reminded of the price. So for price it's a great location and great space.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Brazil
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Park Lane Hotel is located right across the Central Park, and you 'll find several interesting places nearby, such as museums, good restaurantes, shops and the Park itself. Style is slightly dated, but the cost / benefit is great. On a negative note, I don't think they should charge for delivering boxes that come through mail to your room ($10 a box). No excuses for a Hotel at this level and category.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gabriel V, Guest Relations Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear TravelerChris,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. We have many great attractions located near the hotel. I suggest speaking to our concierge when visiting to learn of events and for answer to possible questions of NYC you may have. Our hotel policy is $10 per package per day, but we will take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Gabriel V