“Ideal location, great service!”
Review of Park Lane Hotel

Park Lane Hotel
Ranked #258 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Park Lane hotel last week (June 2014) and absolutely loved it. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and the views of Central Park were amazing. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming when I arrived with my family, and seemed genuinely happy to be working there (which seems to be less the norm these days). The front desk manager (Avi, as I recall) actually came out and welcomed my daughters personally to the hotel, which made a great impression on my youngest as it was her first visit to the big apple. He was also nice enough to let us borrow his personal umbrella when we were heading out into the rain and had forgotten the one from our room. We stayed three nights and, during the course of our stay, interacted with numerous hotel employees, all of whom were incredibly friendly. The combination of great location, friendly service, and the elegant atmosphere made the Park Lane the perfect hotel for our family. I'll be sure to check it out again next time I'm in NY.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a park view room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lane A, Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review. It is wonderful to read guest feedback of an exceptional stay and positive interactions with hotel staff. On behalf of the hotel, we were glad to play a part in making your family’s trip to NYC an unforgettable experience. Please choose the Park Lane Hotel New York for future hotel accommodations and dining experience in our Park Room restaurant.

Manager- Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (6,927)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a truly wonderful experience at this hotel for our anniversary, and although the location and views are simply sublime, it is the staff that made our recent trip so memorable. The front desk team was absolutely lovely, and I want to thank Avi Yesawich in particular for providing us with a wonderful room and a beautiful anniversary gift to match - champagne and straweberries! Thank you for making our most recent trip so unforgettable, Avi! I hope your hotel manager knows how lucky he is to have you!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you Lorraine G for your recent stay and review. We would like to congratulate you on celebrating your anniversary and the hotel is ecstatic to have been the host of your joyous occasion. We will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and commend Mr. Yesawich for his flawless customer service.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Based on the mixed reviews of this hotel I couldn't resist writing my very first post. The last time I was a guest of this hotel was more than a decade ago when the "Queen" was at the "Helm." Yes, I had concerns of disappointment. As a reference point past NYC hotels: Pierre, Waldorf and Michelangelo.

We arrived on June 6th 2014, and were travelling as a family after a week in Cooperstown, NY. Check-in was flawless, staff was professional and polite. We were upgraded to a room with a park view - which was a glowing masterpiece. We could see all of the park from our room, which looked absolutely stunning at night!

The room was above average in size. Well appointed and comfy. Quality furniture comparable to the Pierre and Waldorf IMHO. Marble counter tops in the bathroom. Comfortable mattress sporting high thread count sheets, newer large LED TV. Bathroom floor tile is slightly dated, but very clean. Nevertheless car wash shower pressure from a rain drop shower head and unlimited hot water...perfectly fine!

The hotel staff was very accommodating across the board. The room was always cleaned to a very high standard, and the cleaning and hotel staff were always very helpful and friendly.

The Park Lane Hotel will definitely be my first choice when I return to NYC! This is a well run hotel!
Room Tip: A room high up to get a view of Central Park!

Room Tip: High floor Room with Central Park View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TopoftheWorld22

Dear TopoftheWorld22,
We thank you for choosing the Park Lane Hotel New York for your recent stay. Welcome to TripAdvisor! It is valiant tool for guests and employees of the hospitality industry. I look forward to reading some of your future reviews. It is amazing to return to a location after decade and still see remnants of the past, while experiencing elevated service. We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and deliver superb customer service. Our Park View rooms are truly breathtaking! Kudos to our Front Office team for upgrading your stay. Please choose the Park Lane New York in your future travels to the NYC area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent 3 nights at the park lane hotel at end of May. Staff very helpful and polite, especially milja, you made our engagement wknd so very special - thanks!

Park view rooms have amazing views and the hotel is located very close to Times Square, 5th avenue etc.

Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for making our trip that extra bit special.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear x9_srf,
Thank you for choosing the Park Lane Hotel New York. We greatly appreciate your review and recognition of our staff member Milja, who was able to enhance your accommodations for a special weekend. We are glad to hear your stay was a success and we look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I almost change hotels after reading some very tepid reviews of it here, but am glad I didn't. The location is absolutely perfect, making walking to galleries, Lincoln Center, and the theatre district a breeze. I can see why some commenters have thought that the hotel needs a design update, but I rather enjoyed the slightly old-fashioned feel of the place. For those of you who would swoon for a 19th century hotel, but thought the Park Lane was tacky -- well, taste is all a matter of time, isn't it?

I received great service from all the staff but one. The very kind bellman, after I asked about getting ice, had told the room service staff to bring me some. When it arrived, the fellow who delivered it told me rather curtly I had "done it wrong" and should have called room service myself. However, when I tipped him, his mood changed and he was most agreeable. You may say that one shouldn't have to tip to get good service, but everyone likes being appreciated, don't they?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you lioncloud for your recent stay and permitting us the opportunity to base your perception of our hotel on a first-hand experience. A positive online reputation starts with the development of positive relationships, one guest at a time. We also strive at continuing to improve the service that helps build our guest relationships. Here at the Park Lane Hotel New York we take our guest feedback very seriously and directly address any areas of concern raised. There certainly is no "wrong way" for a guest to issue a request. All team members are knowledgeable and can either directly assist or pleasantly pass the request to an appropriate outlet. We apologize for the rare negative occurrence and are glad to hear you received great service from the staff as a whole. Thank you for choosing the Park Lane Hotel New York and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

That was so wonderful to be in the heart of Manhattan in Park Plane hotel. Everything was very amazing around , right near Central Park. This hotel is absolute landmark of New York , but you have to be ready for wind and noise in your room. I had to put down my towels on the ground near the door, because the wind was so high everywhere and could goes in and out through that door and all windows. You can go to the Kika cafe to have breakfast right near the hotel door , also wi-fi is very good and you can use as many device as you want for the flat prise of 13.99$. The staff is very friendly. Everything is working good . Every time is very croudly and busy downstairs at reception . This hotel never sleep))) But for this location it is the best decision for price=quality. If you need feel sence of Manhattan and to be in the heart of it for a good price that is the Place . Park Lane

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MikeShif

Thank you MikeShif for choosing the Park Lane Hotel New York and sharing your feedback. In the past, our Wi-Fi system was a recurring guest concern and recently was upgraded to a more efficient system. Your feedback illustrates the effectiveness of our hotel practice in addressing and correcting guest concerns. Your notation regarding high winds on the guest floor is interesting. Some of the guest room air conditioning units produce a slight noise while operating; however no concerns have yet been raised of the hallway areas. We would like to investigate this, particularly the floor and room your occupied. Please contact me via email at your convenience.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arriving at Park Lane, the location and park views are incredible and justify the extremely high price tab for this hotel. However, I have never had such a bad experience of hotel staff before in my life! Whilst other members of staff tried to apologise for their colleagues rudeness, we couldn't help but leave this hotel with a very negative impression of our whole stay.
If you're going to check in and then keep your head down, you'll have a great stay. If you need to interact with staff, namely the bellmen, brace yourselves!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libby88888

Dear Libby88888,
Thank you for choosing the Park Lane Hotel New York for your recent travels in the NYC area. We are truly pleased to learn that the room accommodations and hotel location had exceeded your expectations. Your note of an unpleasant interaction with hotel bellman raises a major concern. The culture of the Park Lane New York is to recognize guest experience as the top priority and train our team members to deliver consistent, five star customer service. On behalf of hotel management I would like to apologize for the negative experience and hope it did not hinder the remainder of your trip. I see you outlined that other members of the staff attempted to rectify the situation. I trust the other team members you encountered had carried out exceptional customer service. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail with hopes of changing your perception of our hotel and staff. Please feel free to contact me at the email address listed in the below signature.

jfalco@parklanenewyork.com