7,683 results
All reviews park view harry's bar central park south great location new york evening reception cocktail hour resort fee junior suite bit dated rooms are large columbus circle fifth avenue higher floor times square nyc helmsley
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Park Lane Hotel must have some of the best views of Central Park in the city. The rooms are ok, although they could do with some updating and thorough cleaning (like another reviewer, I too found things left over from a previous guest). However, the hotel is really let down by its customer service. On arrival, several light bulbs in my room were faulty, and it took three calls to housekeeping and over 12 hours before they were replaced. Every day, my room access cards stopped working; every day I was told somebody would fix the lock; and every day it still did not work. At every stage, the staff seemed tired, and were just going through the motions. My telephone was linked to another room number, so constant confusion reigned. And to top it all off, after numerous complaints, I was told that a 'director' would contact me within 15 minutes. 1 hour later I had to leave, and they still had not contacted me.

As a business traveller who needs things just to run smoothly, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mazinmatt
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Park Lane. You really can't be the location. The room was large and nicely appointed for NY standards. The views of Central Park can't be beat. There a few things that can be updated, but these don't retract from a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Capebrux
Lane A, Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you Capebrux for your recent stay at the Park Lane Hotel New York. We greatly value your input and guest feedback. The sizing of hotel guest rooms is a consistent positive trend with our guests. It is lovely to hear from another pleased traveler. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I was recently stuck in NYC due to weather flight delays. Found this place through Hotel Tonight and was very pleased with my stay. Friendly staff at reception and bell stand. Clean, BIG room. Dated bathroom, but nice big towels and great water pressure in the shower. Felt like old NY. Also cannot beat the location on Central Park South, down the street from the Plaza and blocks from Times Square.

I would go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Franklin R

Thank you Franklin R for your recent review. We are glad you were able to unexpectedly discover The Park Lane in your Hotel Tonight searches and experience a positive stay in your one night visit. We love to hear of pleasant experiences at our hotel so thank you very much for sharing. Please join us again in your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Park Lane Hotel is perfect for all of the littles things, which they get spectacularly right!
Let's start with location, crisis! Across the road from Central Park, and only a few meters walk from 5th Ave, the start of New York's shopping mecca.

If you're looking for heavenly sleeping conditions, these beds provide you with all the comfort your back requires. Not that I got much sleep with the late nights and early mornings, but those afternoon naps came in handy ;)

The staff are there to assist you in every way possible. We made use of the concierge and it was incredible. They had recommendations for everything -> restaurants, attractions, shopping etc. And they would make the bookings right there for you so you did not need to stress about the detail.

If nothing else, spend one night in this hotel for the park view.

Room Tip: I would always request a room with a park view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Jonathan D for you recent stay and review. It is delightful to hear your entire stay went well and the staff went above and beyond to exceed expectations. It seems you were able to make the most of your trip and explore the city. Luckily our Concierge team was able to assist in that department and help you navigate to some excellent locations. Kudos to the team!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Park Lane. The room was so comfortable and clean. It was also a very quiet room but the hotel's location was perfect, close to the subway and nice restaurants and shopping on 5th avenue. The only thing I did not enjoy is that I opted for the breakfast buffet one morning of our stay and all the items were in need of replenishment and what was there was cold. For the price (approx 30.00) I should have just ordered off the menu and had something fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mary M,
Thank you for your recent review. Your outline of the comfort, cleanliness and location of the hotel is greatly appreciated. We will be sure to address your point on the timely replenishment of food items at the breakfast buffet, especially on low cover days where the food is not moving as quickly.