7,597 results
All reviewspark viewharry's barcentral park southgreat locationnew yorkevening receptioncocktail hourresort feejunior suitebit datedrooms are largecolumbus circlefifth avenuehigher floortimes squarenychelmsley
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Park Lane Hotel while doing a brief appearance on the Rachael Ray Show. My accommodations were very nice. You could tell that it was an older hotel, but they have done a great job of keeping it maintained.
The continental breakfast was very crowded. We didn't allow enough time for us to really enjoy it as we had to get to the studio. But it was a nice spread.
I had a room without a good view except into some apartments. But the hotel is located just on the edge of Central Park, so I'm sure some views were probably pretty amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Lane A, Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you KDZ0510 for your recent review of a previous stay. We greatly appreciate your recognition of the hotel room size and quality. We would love to welcome you back for a true dining experience at the Park Room Restaurant. Breakfast and weekend brunch are served on the regular, while overlooking dynamic views of Central Park South from floor to ceiling windows. We look forward to welcoming you for a return visit at the Park Lane Hotel New York.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent two nights there, the service and staff was excellent. However, the rooms air conditioning did not go below 75 degrees, even after a service call. The television channels were obscure with no local channels aprox 12 less 4 Arabic stations. The signal was standard definition only. I expect this in a YMCA but not in the heart of the city. And finally the toilet seat was broken presenting a interesting change. One got the distinct impression that this property is in trouble

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomMa02481

Dear TomMa02481,
Thank you for your recent June visit to the Park Lane Hotel New York. On behalf of Hotel Management, we apologize for the temperature discomfort experienced in your occupied guest room. Since a service call was placed, I am confident our Engineering team was prompted to inspect the A//C unit and repair as needed. If the temperature issue arose once again after the service call, the A/C unit may require more intricate time and attention for repairs while unoccupied. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email listed in the below signature and I will personally see to it that appropriate recovery is extended for your inconvenience. In regards to the in-room television programming, the hotels service provider is scheduled to implement High Definition programming and On-Demand viewing service to all guest room televisions this summer. We thank you for your patience during the process time and in the interim selected local and cable television is available. Again we thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you for a return visit.

jfalco@parklanenewyork.com

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Park Lane Hotel must have some of the best views of Central Park in the city. The rooms are ok, although they could do with some updating and thorough cleaning (like another reviewer, I too found things left over from a previous guest). However, the hotel is really let down by its customer service. On arrival, several light bulbs in my room were faulty, and it took three calls to housekeeping and over 12 hours before they were replaced. Every day, my room access cards stopped working; every day I was told somebody would fix the lock; and every day it still did not work. At every stage, the staff seemed tired, and were just going through the motions. My telephone was linked to another room number, so constant confusion reigned. And to top it all off, after numerous complaints, I was told that a 'director' would contact me within 15 minutes. 1 hour later I had to leave, and they still had not contacted me.

As a business traveller who needs things just to run smoothly, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mazinmatt
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Park Lane. You really can't be the location. The room was large and nicely appointed for NY standards. The views of Central Park can't be beat. There a few things that can be updated, but these don't retract from a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Capebrux
Lane A, Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you Capebrux for your recent stay at the Park Lane Hotel New York. We greatly value your input and guest feedback. The sizing of hotel guest rooms is a consistent positive trend with our guests. It is lovely to hear from another pleased traveler. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I was recently stuck in NYC due to weather flight delays. Found this place through Hotel Tonight and was very pleased with my stay. Friendly staff at reception and bell stand. Clean, BIG room. Dated bathroom, but nice big towels and great water pressure in the shower. Felt like old NY. Also cannot beat the location on Central Park South, down the street from the Plaza and blocks from Times Square.

I would go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Franklin R

Thank you Franklin R for your recent review. We are glad you were able to unexpectedly discover The Park Lane in your Hotel Tonight searches and experience a positive stay in your one night visit. We love to hear of pleasant experiences at our hotel so thank you very much for sharing. Please join us again in your next visit to NYC.