“Surprisingly Good”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #346 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of days, having chosen it as it was 1 block away from a conference I was attending. I was actually delighted, check in/out was no bother and all the employees were charming. The rooms are a bit small but at the same time they make great use of the space available, and lets face it if you are in your room all the time in New York you're doing something wrong! I had breakfast there as my only meal and it was fantastic, brioche eggs benedict. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Seems a quiet street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Stephen C,

We were delighted to receive your review, and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Mansfield. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Mansfield

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

That endangered species, a true 4-Star hotel, The Mansfield is my latest New York favorite.

The charm of a beautifully restored past blends seamlessly with clean, modern facilities. Service is friendly and efficient, especially housekeeping, and details like complimentary lemon water, tea, coffee, espresso, NY Times, and cookies make all the difference while away from home.

Yes. There are the usual smaller and dimmer spaces and hallways of New York City, but here they seem like special, cozy embraces from an urban, romantic past.

I have always preferred living downtown but I now have a new appreciation of this midtown location. Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central, Rockefeller Center, MOMA, Fifth Avenue, Central Park... are all steps away as well as EVERY subway line.

My only disappointment is the daily charge of $14.95 for internet access. It should absolutely be free.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sal C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found the atmosphere of our hotel to your liking. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll do our best to always make your stay unique. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fantastic boutique hotel in the heart of midtown. Clean, spacious and great service. This hotel had everything we were looking for and the staff exceeded our expectations throughout our stay. The "library" area in the lobby was a great place to drink an espresso and plan our day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark N,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the decor of our property.We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to contact me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed this hotel. requested a quiet room because of the previous reviews and had a room on the 11th floor facing the back of the hotel. It was small, but adequate size and quiet. there was a safe, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. I have no complaints and liked this hotel. The staff were very nice and friendly. I met someone who has been staying there twice a year for 12 years and has been very satisfied. I would surely stay there again. I booked through hot wire.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear GranpaBoston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear that your was bed comfortable and that you found our bathrooms pleasant. We know how important your rest and sleep are, we always try to make our guest feel at home. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll make your stay is better than your last.

Be well,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked using hotwire and stayed in a Standard Queen room.

Pros: Great location, friendly staff, good concierge, charming hotel (lots of history), loved the lounge and lobby areas, very clean room, nice decor

Cons: Tiny room, very cavernous feeling, tiny windows looked out onto alley, loud conditioner that blows on your face (as many have mentioned), super sketchy sounding elevator, no free wifi in rooms

Summary: The location was amazing but I think next time I would look for another hotel in the area. It's clear the hotel is trying really hard but without major renovations, they can only improve so much. That being said, I'm assuming upgraded rooms are nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrk_23

Dear Jrk_23,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Best,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I love the intimacy, elegance, quality and comfort of The Mansfield. I come from LA and not only have business but visit my daughter who attends college near the city. This is our hotel of choice to have our girl's weekend in the city.

Just love it!

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to contact me directly to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The room came with EARPLUGS. And they weren't even enough to block out the noise of the window unit AC. Not to mention the fact that it was blowing right where my head was laying as I was trying to sleep. Not pleasant.

Good Afternoon,