The Mansfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sofitel New York(New York City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
The Iroquois New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
City Club Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
East Bridge(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
1,909 results
All reviewslibrary roomgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkhardwood floorsespresso machinefree coffeebryant parkjunior suiteboutique hotelreading roomrooms are smallclub roomgrand central stationquiet streetqueen bedfifth avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My partner and I stayed at The Mansfield for 5 nights at the beginning of April. On arrival, we were met by a bell boy who kindly took our cases and offered us a drink whilst we checked in. I'd originally asked for a high room at the front of the building. We did get a room at the front but couldn't get a room higher than the 4th floor however this still suited us fine. We had a problem with payment as the hotel had automatically charged the card I'd reserved the room with a few months prior to our trip, although this was not how we'd planned to pay as we'd purposely taken a traveller's currency card with us. The hotel said they would contact my bank for me to cancel the payment. At first, I was a little worried in case I would be charged twice, however the hotel really did take care of this. The next morning I had a phone call off the front desk informing that me that my bank needed to speak to me personally to cancel the transaction. After spending a little while on the phone, the lady at the desk gave us a voucher for a free breakfast to apologise for the inconvenience. I forgot to take the lady's name, but have to say she was fantastic - she did her utmost to sort the problem as quickly as possible for us. Sure enough, checked my account upon return to the UK and had not been charged twice.

I loved the lobby here. We found our days usually started with a coffee in the lobby, where we'd use the free wifi to help plan our day and we always sat down here for a rest and a drink before going out again in the evenings. We'd paid a little extra to stay in a 'deluxe' room, although think the only difference was that it was slightly bigger than regular rooms. We had a king bed which was lovely.A few little negatives... agree with other reviews that say the rooms are too dark. I had read about this before booking, so it wasn't a surprise but I did find it a little hard to do my make up if my partner was using the bathroom. Although in general the room was nice, I did find it a little shabby in areas - some things could just do with a lick of paint! There was a lack of storage space for clothes as the wardrobe space was small (though we did cope). The bathroom was tiny and had no space for toiletries. There was a small window in the bathroom that was at the back of a narrow tiled area, so had to put my toiletries there but they were hard to reach due to the toilet being right in front of it - you risk dropping them in! The hairdryer also appeared very old and sure enough the fuse blew very loudly when during use. There were no bathrobes as promised and no air con control (even though we had a controller, there was no unit).

These few negatives did not make a big impact on our stay and there was definitely a lot of positives that outweighed them. We especially loved its perfect location - we were 3 minutes walk to Times Square and the Rockefeller and there were plenty of subway stations nearby. We were within easy walking distance of so many fantastic locations. We would definitely stay at The Mansfield again and would recommend it to other travelers!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are a little noisy but this is to be expected in New York!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Starrygii3,

I am extremely happy to read that The Mansfield left you with a positive first impression. We strive to provide all our guests with a luxury liberated experience that exceeds expectations. I am delighted that you were able to find a comfortable stay in our hotel, and to learn that our staff treated you exceptionally well. We look forward to welcoming you back and truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Do not stay: dreary, small and dark rooms decorated in depressing brown. Room service person said they had many complaints about the rooms. Tried to charge us four times for the same phone call. Making the complaint was difficult. Very expensive to make matters worse.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear CSPJ50,

Thank you for staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback about your stay. I do apologize that there were issues that prevented you from having the best possible stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our guests having the best experience possible, and would welcome the opportunity to give you an experience that exceeds your expectations. Please contact my assistant Crystaline Raoms and she'll be more than happy to make your arrangments for a special rate the next time you're in New York. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is fabulously situated for all the major sights and for that reason I would recommend it. The hotel is quite lovely but the room that we stayed in had no natural light at all which meant that the lights had to be on all the time. The room was also very small - although if you are only in New York for a short time you won't be spending much time in your room anyway. There is a variety of herbal teas and coffee available in the front lobby but no drinks facilities within the room - the robes weren't there either although we had expected them and the bathroom products were not very good either. This all sounds rather as though we didn't enjoy our stay - we truly did and would definitely return now we know what to expect. As I say, it is perfectly situated for everything you want to see in NY and at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: There are bigger rooms - we stayed in 312 which was very small and dark. We were offered another room had we wanted to upgrade which was bigger but still without much natural light. On the plus side - the room was very quiet.

Dear Samcossie,

Thank you for choosing to stay again with us. I’m sorry our room was not spacious enough for your party and that there was not enough light.I do hope that our service and overall value will make you reconsider staying with us in the near future. I am also very glad you enjoyed your overall stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent experience & staff! Hotel very nice & clean, excellent location! Coffee machine, library & free wi-if was wonderful! I would absolutely choose this hotel when I return!
The price & location were unbeatable!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Kelly H,

Thank you for an amazing review for the Mansfield Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and our hotel amenities. We would like to invite you back for more memorable stays!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great Staff, Great Location, Rooms need to be UPDATED. Rooms need better lighting overall and more darkness when you are ready to go to sleep, tons of light in the rooms, blinds do not provide enough darkness.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Alexandra C,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Mansfield Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had with the room. We greatly appreciate your understanding for any inconvenience caused . I am happy to read that you enjoyed two great features of our unique property, our central location and our amazing staff!