We were checking out and were told that we had a minibar charge of $13 for candy- I think reese peeses. My wife and I never even opened the minibar throughout the entire time and vociferously argued against it which the night manager removed. However this spoiled the whole experience and we will NEVER return.
Additionally the day before I went to the front desk and there was a blonde young woman with an attitude. Normally I always go to the front desk the day before to make sure everything is in order and I did the same thing with you guys.
She had an attitude problem and snottily told me that I had to do it in the morning. Absolute nonsense.
I also noticed on some of the travel websites that this issue with being charged on minibar comes up quite a bit and I will most certainly write about it on orbitz etc. This is some scam you guys have going on. Maybe NY AG needs to know about this.
SO far no charges but who knows. Maybe next week there will be some mysterious charge and I'll have to fight you guys again. Not a problem since I work from home and have the time and energy to do this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City