“Old hotel with exceptionally small rooms”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #344 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Requested for 2 beds , 1 month, then 1 day and finally 3 hours in advance. Was able to get two beds, but they both felt like (and probably were) rollaway beds. I also had to pay $60 for having two uncomfortable rollaway beds.
The bathroom was exceptionally small. Hard to fit a normal sized person in the shower area. The room was exceptionally small in comparision to $250 nightly charge and nowhere close to the star rating it states.
The only thing visible outside was ongoing construction.
No coffee maker in room.
The TV was probably the same size as an ipad.
The AC was was too loud.

1  Thank Mona M
Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mona M,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review the hotel. The team and I were disappointed to read your stay was not to your liking. We appreciate the feedback as it enables us to hone in on the areas which our guests feel needs improving. We would love it if you gave us another chance as I know the team would love another shot at making your stay more memorable. We hope you decide to come back again.

Lisa Grossberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,877)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Mansfield was wonderful and the staff very friendly and helpful. The location was ideal. I would definitely recommend. Staying in more of a "boutique" type hotel rather than a chain hotel really added to the whole NYC experience.

Dear Jon B,

Thank you for such a wonderful review – I am extremely happy to read that The Mansfield left you with a positive first impression. We strive to provide all our guests with a luxury liberated experience that exceeds expectations. I am delighted that you were able to find a comfortable stay in our hotel, and to learn that our staff treated you exceptionally well. We look forward to welcoming you back and truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I dont do modern plastic hotels - so thank goodness for hotels such as the Mansfield. Such character but extremely clean and welcoming. I cannot praise the staff highly enough who went out of their way to ensure my stay was a happy one. Free freshly cooked cookies arrive in reception around 4pm so managed to get the receptionist to give me a 'cookie call' so I could pop down and enjoy them warm. Get the idea..!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear RoydonTraveller,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the ambiance of The Mansfield. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our freshly baked cookies- They are amazing!. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just spent Memorial Weekend at The Mansfield, NYC. We unanimously agree to rate it 3 stars. Major pro is the location. Between 5th & 6th ave, on 44 st., it's not only walking distance, but provides a good relax & refreshing stop from our shopping spree. A short taxi ride away from Penn Station, our getting there and coming back home journeys were quite smooth. However, the stairs and elevators are very tight, hall and room too dark, and our room facing the back alley was very noisy. Btw, the expresso / latte / tea / etc coffee machine is awesome. All guests loved it!

Dear Daisy365,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your room.. Our team has been made aware of the key issues we can improve on. I am very happy that you enjoyed our superb location and that this was of great convenience to you. We wish you will reconsider staying with us in the future for all of your New York City stays. Please feel free to contact me directly; we’ll do our best to offer you the best available rate and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Though the staff was friendly and helpful, the hallways, elevators, rooms, and especially the bathrooms are so uncomfortably tiny that I would not return to this hotel or recommend it. Also, many of the outlets were inconveniently located for charging devices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Dana F,

Thank you for taking your time to write us trip advisor review on the Mansfield Hotel. We appreciate all guest comments as they are crucial in us providing the best customer service possible. I am glad that the staff were helpful throughout your stay. I would like to invite you back and give you a complimentary upgrade based on availability to change your mind about the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Enjoyed my Stay at this small Hotel. I had a Queen Room and found it quite Spacious. Not sure if they have done something for the lighting--but I found it to be Great. Though I must Admit I have dimmer switches in every room of my house. Some lights are Flourescent and take some time to warm up.

The bathroom door is kind of narrow--so if you are a little bit broader you may have to go in sideways. My room had a Bay Window with a nice window Seat.

I got a Super Rate on TravelZoo and could not ask for a better Value for the Price.

Lobby Bar has does a Great Happy Hour Business. The small library has complimentary Expresso. There is always a nice Jar of Cold Water with Lemons at the Front Desk.

Both The Desk Staff and Housekeeping were very nice. Special notice to Chelsea and Steve at the Front Desk. Always Happy to Help.

The only thing I would question is the Tub Drainage was not very good--as has been mentioned on here before. But VERY Fast Hot Water.

If I got a similar rate in the future--would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The inside Courtroom Rooms are very Quiet--unless you require more Sunshine to your day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scottsacto

Dear Scottsacto,

It makes me so glad to know that our room exceeded your expectation. Our team works really hard to make every guest feel special, and I’m thrilled to know that we accomplished this with you and your group of friends. I’ll make sure that the engineering department does a thorough check in the drains of all the bathrooms.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Mansfield is a beautiful boutique hotel in an excellent location for shopping on fifth avenue, visiting the famous New York Public library and then grabbing a sandwich in Bryant Park . Or venturing a few blocks to St. Patricks Cathedral or walking to Times Square! It is charming with marble stairs and a sweet library to relax in and a fantastic bar - The M Bar. The staff is excellent!

Dear Audrey D,

Thank you for leaving us a review on the Mansfield Hotel. It is indeed an oasis in the midtown area and we are truly pleased that you found our prime location and accommodations to be top notch. I am also happy that our staff was able to give you the best guest service experience possible. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in New York.

Warmest Regards,