I'm not an authority on New York City, but I've just returned from one of the best holidays in my life and I know I'd like to go back and I know exactly where I will stay again on my next trip. I travelled with a group of ladies who came from a variety of locations... Saskatoon, Edmonton, and Bermuda. This was my first visit. The Saskatoon ladies used Hotwire.com to find their accommodations and I called the hotel directly a few weeks later. The lucky hotel that Hotwire matched us with was called 'The Mansfield Hotel'. It is known in New York as a boutique hotel, a historic landmark and was conveniently situated at 12 West 44th Street, close to and within walking distance for everything that we wanted to do: Broadway Theatres, Times Square, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, hundreds of amazing restaurants, deli's, shopping, Bryant Park, and Central Park.
The staff at The Mansfield Hotel welcomed us when we arrived and went out-of-their way to ensure that our every need was taken care of. Any pre-conceived concerns that we may have had about safety in NYC were completely erased when we met Jimmy and Robert at the Concierge desk. Any questions we had about navigating our way around NYC were addressed as if we were the only people who had ever had questions about NYC. Any tickets and tours that we asked about and any transportation arrangements we required were taken care of efficiently and immediately. Restaurant reservations were suggested and arranged. Every morning before we left for the day's adventures and every evening when we arrived back at The Mansfield it was so comforting to see either Jimmy or Robert or both and receive a warm greeting. The genuine care and interest they showed about our adventures was wonderfully comforting. I wish I had taken the time to get the names of all the front desk staff, but Steven was on-duty most of the day-time hours so we had a special connection with him. My compliments to the Management team for assembling the nicest, kindest and most professional group of front-line staff I've ever encountered. The cold lemon water and fresh cookies for guests is a nice touch every day. Sam, the bartender in the lounge took the time to engage us in conversation and recommended many hot-spots in and around NYC. He and his colleagues Rachael and Demi and others never tried to rush us even though we were probably the noisiest patrons they've met in a while and we know that they extended the lounge hours a bit longer for us without complaint. The library at The Mansfield is a nice comfortable location to get a complimentary coffee, latte, tea or cappuccino and use the free wifi service or curl up for some quiet time - and it is for reserved guests only.
The rooms at The Mansfield are small but they were very clean and designed efficiently as everything in NYC has to be because the city is shared by so many. All the necessities were available and the bed was very comfortable.
We experienced the awesome and informative 2-day and night tour of the city by Big Bus double-decker hop-on-hop-off tour. The guides were well spoken, informed and had an obvious love for their city.
We saw The Lion King and The Book of Mormon and our hotel was so conveniently close to Time Square we could hear the NYC sounds and smell the aromas of the amazing selection of food trucks on every corner.
Go to New York City! Stay at The Mansfield Hotel and tell Jimmy and Robert I sent you. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City