“Very good hotel!”

The Mansfield
Ranked #349 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Very good hotel!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very good hotel, excellent location equally close to times square and grand central. The hotel and room was always very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stop here again in future visits to New York.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jack Williams F,

Thank you for taking your time to write a trip advisor review on The Mansfield Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we do our best to give our guest the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Lisa Grossberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I accidentally left an article of clothing in the closet of my room. Hotel staff tracked down the item and mailed it back to me. I have left items at hotels before and have never had them returned by hotel staff. The Mansfield staff impressed me that they were able to do this for me.

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a response on Trip Advisor. I am very happy that our staff was able to find and ship your articles of clothing over to you. I am pleased that you were happy with our service. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit New York.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I never write reviews, but...

Booked this hotel on Hotwire. I've frequently stayed across the street at the Algonquin, also through hotwire. I travel 150 days/year, and this was the worst room I've stayed in for several years.

A/C is a wall unit and hard to regulate (blows directly at the head of the bed) and very noisy. Terrible lighting (very, very dark with no natural light). No iron/board (available upon request). Drains in both sink and tub were completely clogged... disgusting. Cell phone didn't work at all in room which is a problem as I travel on business. Wifi cost $15.00. No A/C in restaurant in morning - stifling.

1 Thank siegel99
Dear Siegel99,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thank you again for your time, and have a great day.

Best,

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely historic hotel. Quaint rooms. Comfy and quaint. Location is ideal for seeing the sights. Nice bar,lounge that is quiet and comfortable. Staff is friendly. Affordable. You should not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Antoinette,

Thank You for choosing the Mansfield Hotel. I am pleased to know that the hotel was able to give you an accommodating stay. I am glad out quaint rooms and our location were to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stay at the Mansfield when The Cornell Club is full. The rooms are small but clean, quiet, and comfortable. The front desk personnel are always helpful and and polite and the bar is a good place to meet friends and business acquaintances. The location can't be beat.

Dear Michael N,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a Trip Advisor Review. We take into account all comments as it is vidal in helping our operation grow. We look forward to seeing you again.

LIsa Grossberg
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Loved this boutique hotel and all the amenties. Easy access to everything; steps from Grand Central and Times Square. Extremely friendly staff who takes the time to remember your name and welcome you!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear LIsa D,

Thank you for choosing the Mansfield hotel and for leaving us a Trip Advisor Review. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff provided you with excellent service. I will be sure to commend them. Again, Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New York.

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

So much of me wants to rave about the great things at the Mansfield. The staff is their finest asset, to be sure...The lounge with free coffee is also excellent. The location is phenomenal....Sadly, the rooms are tiny, not unusual for a hotel in this location and at this price, but the rooms are also INCREDIBLY dark, and the air conditioners are from the 1950's.

Would I stay there again? Perhaps, but only if the price was right. As it is, there are too many downsides.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JTL61
Dear JTL61,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a review for the Mansfield Hotel. I am glad that our staff provided you with great service, they are definitely a great asset to our team. I am also glad that you liked the hotel amenities and our prime location. It is unfortunate that you were not pleased with our rooms, please give us the opportunity to give you a complimentary upgrade based on availability to one of our suites, which are more spacious. This may be your preferred room type for the next time you decide to visit us again.

Warmest Regards,