“HOSTEL ATMOSPHERE!”

Ranked #37 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“HOSTEL ATMOSPHERE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

We booked 3 nights via a web site deal. We were treated differently right from the beginning. A grumpy unhappy front office person named Joseph was curt and was on a mission to see how fast he could check people in. No warmth, no info. Well,, we found the room to be clean, comfortable. toiletries looked and smelled like a Days Inn. We later also found out we were deleted from turn down service? ( we duid amnage to get the chocolates by a friendly house maid who could not understand why we were ommited. maybe to save on cost. the breakfast in the Tuscan room was adequate with danish,croissants and great coffee. In summary, We used this hotel as a great base which is the advantage but the service was terrible. We walked in and out of the hotel maybe 20 times during our stay and only twice were we acknowledged by the doorman. What a shame when you have the resources to be excellent but you settle for mediocrity. all for over $400/night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wildfoodie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is my our favorite NY Hotel. The rooms are spacious with comfortable king size beds. They allow 4 women to share one suite that has plenty of room with a walk in closet. Quiet yet near Times Square.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank wardept
akron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

spent long weekend here deliberately seeking boutique hotel near tourist attractions. been to NYC many times but never did the common tourist-y things (skating at rock, rockettes, etc). this hotel was perfect for such a weekend. walk to everything. quiet, elegant reprieve from maddening crowd. excellent accomodating service. comfy room with lrg tub, fridge, storage areas. there a very small bar off lobby (6-8 seats) contl breakfast is free and very good, but located in basement in small, non-descript tiny room. overall, a very nice, elegant hotel just off the square.

• Stayed December 2012
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was overall happy with the room and service. Convenient location. Very disappointed that they wanted me to pay for internet. I had work to do while I was there that had to be done on my laptop, and I don't like being nickeled and dimed. I can get free internet in a $60 room...but not in a $400+ room? Sad.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

There for a quick, 2-night stay with a friend, we were within walking distance of Times Square and the theaters. Our room was very large and comfortably "simple elegance". I like that it was a bit tucked away, located just off of the busy street, not ON it, so we didn't have a lot of the "just looking" tourist traffic found in the larger chains on Broadway. I also liked the decor and it's more traditional approach to everything from the furniture's upholstery to the chandeliers and classic light fixtures. Some of the other hotels we saw were so starkly modern and appeared to be more like night clubs. The Michelangelo was welcoming and very cozy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very nice hotel centrally located to the theatre district near Times Square. Clean and spacious room despite the single report on bedbugregistry.com from a year ago. The included breakfast was a little disappointing: coffee, tea and pastries (which were cold and not fresh on Sunday) only.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

From the moment I had the bellman to pick up my luggage until the moment the bellman took my luggage to car awaiting to take me to the airport; I was treated with the utmost respect. From the desk clerks, to the concierge, to the bartender getting me a Coke while waiting on my lunch; I received top notch VIP service. My room was overly large, immaculately decorated, and very plush. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC and this is by far the most spacious, comfortable, and exquisite hotel I have had the pleasure of laying my head! I highly recommend this hotel if for an overnight stay as mine or a long term stay. This hotel will be my first and only choice when I travel to the city!

• Stayed December 2012