My husband and I stayed here in June 2012 for 5 nights during our 3 weeks honeymoon in the USA and we both loved the hotel!!
The location cannot get any better!! It is around 5-10 mins from Times square and Broadway in one direction and 5-10 mins walk from Rockefeller Centre and 5th Avenue in another direction. It was also easy walk to Central Park ( 15 mins) and Empire State building is about 15-20 mins walk away!
The hotels looks stunning inside - I absolutely loved the neoclassical style in public areas as well as rooms. I think that Michelangelo is one of my favourite hotels ever - the rooms were just beautiful - very elegant with spacious and sparkling clean bathroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept in!! The service was also excellent!!! The first night I felt really cold as I was a bit ill and after a short phone call, somebody brought me a small heater within 5 mins. The concierge and reception were also very helpful in giving us directions and advice where is the best to buy Broadway tickets etc. We did not have breakfast in the hotel as there were plenty other options to have tasty meal just outside of the hotel. (+24 hour Wallgreens with frozen yoghurt was around 5 mins walk away)
We did not try the gym in the hotel but I have used an access (for a fee) to nearby athletic club (2 mins walk) where I enjoyed swimming pool and sauna. (just a note - the pool is not too great for not very good swimmers...)
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and when we visit in New York again, Michelangelo will be our ultimate choice!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo New York