“New Years Eve - Bucket List”

The Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #38 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Monroe, North Carolina
“New Years Eve - Bucket List”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We really liked the feel of this hotel. The European design was very appealing and the staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions. After making our stand in time square for new years eve, we found our bed (only a couple blocks away) very comfortable for the next 12 hours. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CyberChief
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! Any chance of you ringing in the new year with us again? You can reach out directly by phone or by email at reservations@michelangelohotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just stayed at the Michelangelo Hotel last week for a Thanksgiving vacation. I have stayed there many times before and just like always my experience was great. Our room was beautiful and spacious. The hotel staff greeted us with big smiles and were very kind and helpful. Henry the doorman is very sweet and will do whatever you need to ensure you have a great trip. Bernie the bartender is just as great. He provides great service and is also very friendly. He makes the bar atmosphere very comfortable and friendly!!!! Also, try to the food at the bar it is delicious!!! I have nothing bad to say about these 2 men and my trip to the Michelangelo! I can't wait to go back!

5 stars!!!!

1 Thank buff716
Thank you for the great review! We will be happy to share the great feedback with Bernie and Henry! We looking forward to see you again soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was a little skeptical of The Michelangelo because I never heard of it before. I considered switching hotels before my stay to someplace I was familiar with but I am so glad that I didn't. From the front desk staff, to the bartenders and Henry the bellman, everyone was friendly and helpful. The pillows were comfortable for me which is a must in any hotel (in my opinion). Free coffee and breakfast pastries also helps. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Amy for the great review! We are so glad that you didn't change your mind and that you did indeed stay with us! We agree that Henry is the best. We all look forward to seeing you again for your next stay in NY!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We love the European/Italian feel of this smaller hotel. it is elegant and intimate (but not really that tiny) with lovely décor without being stuffy. Rooms are lovely as are linens and appointments, etc. Spacious rooms for New York. Absolultely ideal location for theater, Rock center, Radio City, Fifth avenue shops, etc. Staff is always nice. Also, pricing for this hotel compared to similar four or five star is much more affordable. We enjoy the low key lobby lounge/friendly atmosphere. It's just all good - cannot wait to go back. Had a really fun weekend.

Room Tip: many of the rooms face interior walls of buildings - but it makes it very nice and quiet when you ar...
1 Thank MarlenieGS
Thank you for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Michelangelo Hotel soon we hope!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for 4 days while visiting New York. It was amazing. Loved everything about it. Small but elegant. 99% of staff was very friendly and helpful. I was in a standard room which turned out to be very beautiful. I had a great view of 7th Ave and 50th.
Bathrooms are big with TV, soaking tub, all marble. Really nice. Room was large.
Housekeeping staff was the most helpful and friendly of any place I have ever stayed.
Off all the staff there was only two people who really do not belong in the hospitality business.
One was Carmen, a bartender and the other was the woman serving breakfast in the lobby lounge. No smiles, no service, had to beg them to take an order. Not good. Too bad because
absolutely everyone else at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. I was also amazed at the
cleanliness of the hotel, the room and the bathroom. Believe me I checked even in the corners of the bathroom and it was very clean. I highly recommend to anyone to stay at this hotel. The
location was perfect. You can easily walk to Central Park, Times Square, restaurant row, Radio City and so on.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the great review and the feedback. We use these reviews as way to praise our staff as well as training tool when guests have service issues. We hope that you will choose us again as your hotel for your next stay in NY!
Houston
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A very picky friend had recommended the hotel. We made web reservations while talking directly and got an excellent rate including a room upgrade and full breakfast.
The room was large and very well done. Only problem was being on an air shaft, but it sure was quiet. As we were out all day, and the weather was bad, we did't miss a view - this time. We definitely will return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Jim for the great review and we look forward to you welcoming you back! Next time in a street facing room!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here in June 2012 for 5 nights during our 3 weeks honeymoon in the USA and we both loved the hotel!!

The location cannot get any better!! It is around 5-10 mins from Times square and Broadway in one direction and 5-10 mins walk from Rockefeller Centre and 5th Avenue in another direction. It was also easy walk to Central Park ( 15 mins) and Empire State building is about 15-20 mins walk away!

The hotels looks stunning inside - I absolutely loved the neoclassical style in public areas as well as rooms. I think that Michelangelo is one of my favourite hotels ever - the rooms were just beautiful - very elegant with spacious and sparkling clean bathroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept in!! The service was also excellent!!! The first night I felt really cold as I was a bit ill and after a short phone call, somebody brought me a small heater within 5 mins. The concierge and reception were also very helpful in giving us directions and advice where is the best to buy Broadway tickets etc. We did not have breakfast in the hotel as there were plenty other options to have tasty meal just outside of the hotel. (+24 hour Wallgreens with frozen yoghurt was around 5 mins walk away)

We did not try the gym in the hotel but I have used an access (for a fee) to nearby athletic club (2 mins walk) where I enjoyed swimming pool and sauna. (just a note - the pool is not too great for not very good swimmers...)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and when we visit in New York again, Michelangelo will be our ultimate choice!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Veronika for the fabulous review! We really appreciate the time you took to share your experience with others. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!