“Elegance and Comfort with Caring People in the middle of Times Square”

The Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #44 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Forty-five years ago my husband and I honeymooned at the Taft Hotel in NYC, which is now the Michelangelo Luxury Hotel. The Michelangelo offered us a VERY special rate for our anniversary so we could revisited our honeymoon hotel, which we did in Dec 2013. We had a beautiful suite and excellent service. We were within walking distance to Times Square, Restaurants, Theater District and shopping. We had a wonderful time. Thank you Michelangelo for a memory we will treasure!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Happy Anniversary! We are so happy that we could make this occasion special for you! And we hope that you won't wait another 25 years to see us again. We think it should be an annual trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,685)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We just stay during Thansgiving and the hotel was part of our wonderful family vacation. Since our arrival the staff had excellent attention with us. We arrive early and our room was already available. We stay at a suite and was really an asset for us. We have like 2 separate spaces where our daughter could play and see TV and my husband could take a nap between our long days. Super nice European style in the rooms with red, black and whites. Excellent location, near amenities. Would definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the nice review! Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife took me to New York for my first time as a birthday gift and we stayed here. Upon check in they upgraded us to a suite! Very friendly staff, clean room and classy! I was very impressed and had a fantastic time. The only down side was the hotel bar was crazy expensive but that's no big deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for the great review! We are very happy you chose the Michelangelo to stay at for your Birthday!! Hopefully we can celebrate many other happy occasions together in the future. Please note we also have a very exciting new happy hour menu in our bar which we think you will love and find of great value!!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed for a week on a family trip before the holidays. We had booked an executive king room and a room with two double beds.As we drew up to the hotel a friendly doorman helped us with our bags and from that moment we encountered only friendly kind service from the staff. Our rooms were well equipped with very good beds and pillows. Housekeeping standards were top notch with toiletries replenished regularly and a nighty turn down . The rooms were furnished in a European style with nice touches like a make up area or walk in closet.
We took the concierge's recommendations for restaurants which were excellent. He is very pleasant to deal with and was a big asset. His name is James. Special mention also to Cesar on the door who was a delight.
Hotel strong points also include location and the free early breakfast and shoeshine . We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We will certainly share your feedback with Cesare and James! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My teenage daughter and I came for a girl's weekend to celebrate Christmas and a 14th birthday! Upon our arrival at 5 am and a rough and bumpy flight we were sick and very tired...the wonderful front desk gave us our room. Clearly we were beat and the hotel was able to help us out. Right away I knew this hotel was special. Big hotels would have said... "check in is at 4pm..."
The rooms were spacious, clean and so very comfortable.
We will make this our hotel every time we visit NYC!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you Noreen for the great review and for posting that fabulous picture in front of our Christmas Tree! We would love to welcome you back again soon! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from The Michelangelo Hotel in NYC!!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel after moving out of Warwick Hotel. Wanted to have a feel of different hotels since its an opportunity to visit New York.
For this property, the interior is lovely, they have nice lobby area, with red plush of sofas, the chandelier is arty and classic.
The only down side that I experienced was the concierge service, I was really disappointed by how the concierge attitude was. I had booking at Jean Georges/Le Bernardin, I asked him to call for me to make changes to the reservation but he said phone calls are supposed to be charge. The entire experience was bad, from I checked in, he wasn't really serving with a smile. He even said this to me: everything is payble in New York, nothing is free. I have my own Singapore mobile and even if he doesn't want to help me to call, I can call it myself. Just did not like the tone of voice and maybe he doesn't like Asians.
Luckily the room was lovely, big and has a nice toilet, I loved that the area to put our suitcase/hang clothes was a standalone partition. The room was comfy for 4 adults to stay and we had 6 suitcases. It is also really near the Times Square, location is clearly important as we just went down to shop and eat, convenient and Times Square opens till very late. We ordered in-room dining and the tomato soup was fantastic.
Overall, need improvement from the concierge desk.
Thanks.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mdoraemon
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to share with you that we have some rooms and suites that have been redesigned in a modern motif. We are sure you would love them. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town so that we can change your mind.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

fabulous interior of the hotel greets u in the lobby, lovely smells down the hallway from scented sticks, helpful consierge called Henry! the room was very big and the bathroom large with a big bath although some of the silicone and painting needs re doing. however this pales into insignificance as soon as you lay on the bed OMG what a fabulous comfy bed to sleep in, I was so comfy and relaxed when lay on the bed I didn't want to move, and the pillows just sunk your head into them, the mini bar is well stocked and has everything you could want from drinks alcohol and crisps chocolate. the room is cleaned and hovered at least twice daily. the tv is small and could do with being a plasma but overall a brilliant place to stay and great location for getting around, I also highly recommend café duke just a couple doors down to grab breakfast and lunch as that place is awesome and cheap! and one final thing I liked was the complimentary shoe polish, u hand ur shoes on the hotel room door before midnight and just like magic they are taken away and shined and put back on your door before 7am, brilliant

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you Rob for the glowing review! We do take pride in our comfy beds! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again soon!