The Michelangelo Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$220
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
3,846 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkcentral parkrockefeller centerwalk in closetrooms are largejunior suitebeautiful hotelturn down serviceradio city music hallcomplimentary coffeesitting areacontinental breakfastby nyc standardsvisit nycstreet noise
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a great hotel! The room was large and spotless! The deep soaking tub was fantastic but the kicker was the TV in the bathroom. I soaked and watched TV through 2 reheats! After that I wnet down to the lounge area for a few drinks at the bar...very vibrant lobby area with comfortable seating area. I hope to come to NY again and The Michelangelo will be my choice.

Room Tip: Room 310 faced 7th ave. Can see the action close up!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony W
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We hope that you come back soon as well! Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Yes, it is NYC. For this price range, the location, it is a good hotel. However, the front desk staff is not the best. They do their job but nothing more. The entrance and lobby area is super nice classical style. The room is big enough for NYC hotel.
We booked this hotel for the location, where my husband attended the meetings and convention, and he was satisfied for what it was.

Those who are travelling with small infant with the stroller, there is no ramp to get out the hotel with it. Need to ask always help to pass the few steps to the street.

I do not recommend staying with children.

Well, it is New York City. not getting any better than this hotel without paying over $1000 per night , I'd say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass on your experience to our executive team as this is not the standard of service a guest should experience while staying at the Michelangelo. We are in an old building - actually the original taft building which was not built with a ramp. We do have a handicap entrance using another door and also our doorman are always there and happy to help with a stroller anytime! Please reach out directly to reservations@michelangelohotel.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel.

This is a lovely hotel, in an excellent location. The rooms I've stayed in were VERY large by any standards, and HUGE by NYC standards.

All areas of the hotel, the rooms, etc are clean and well decorated.

If you have any special requests, make sure to check up on them by phone when your trip is nearing.

There were 3 of us this trip. We were allowed an upgrade, therefore I reserved our room almost 6 months in advance, as I wanted the same room we had the first time. Reason for the request was to get larger beds.

When we arrived, we were not given, or offered the upgrade. When I pointed out that I had requested a particular room, he said that the request had been overlooked and that the room was no longer available. End of subject. When I asked if he could give me a similar room, he said he would ask his manager. When we came back later, he had indeed given us the upgrade to a larger room, but the beds were not larger. We did like the room, but were a bit disappointed that we couldn't get the bed size upgrade when it was requested 6 months in advance. We made it work by one person sleeping on the floor with cushions.
Otherwise, the room was excellent!! Would have been perfect for 2 people.

We loved the breakfast. The choice of fruits and pastries were lovely and just right for our needs.
Internet worked great.
Maid service was good. Our room was always nice and clean.
We had no turn down service during this visit.

The hotel is quiet and elegant.
We would stay here again. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LitleDi

Thank you for the review and for staying with us a second time. I am sorry you did not get the bed type that you had request. Please feel free to reach out directly and ask for Katherine when you are ready to book your next stay and I will be happy to make sure we get you into the exact room you would like! Please come visit us soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Michelangelo. We have stayed in many hotels in the Midtown area while in the City to see shows and this one was by far our favorite. Unlike many newer hotels that have their checkin desk on the street level and the lounge area an elevator ride up, the Michelangelo has a very warm and comfortable lobby and bar area when you first walk in. It is such a lovely spot to get out of the madness and relax without having to retreat to your room.

Our room was absolutely lovely. We booked through Hotwire so I feel that we received a good deal. In addition to being large for an NYC queen size room, it was very clean and well appointed. The bed was heavenly, I could have slept all day. Prior to our stay, I had read a few complaints about "older" televisions, however our TV was a brand new large flat screen.

The only reason that I gave the hotel 4 out of 5 was the interior room view. For anyone hoping to go to NYC and look out onto the hustle and bustle I would request an exterior view. Our view was of the "courtyard" (e.i. the buildings HVAC systems). My husband I didn't really care, the room itself was so lovely and comfortable we had very little interest in what was happening outside of the window.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shan136

Thank you for the great review and for adding us to one of your favorites! Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and you experience one of your 7th Avenue views!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Michelangelo is consistently a great hotel. The rooms are luxurious, clean and comfortable. But maybe the best thing about the rooms is that they are larger than the average NY hotel room. So, if space is important to you, the Michelangelo should be on your short-list.

Location is great for me on 51st and 7th. There are plenty of decent restaurants and shopping opportunities close by. Plus, it's very close to one of our offices - so, great for me.

I'm not the biggest fan of the lounge/restaurant, but it will do in a pinch. But, again, there are numerous good restaurants only steps away outside and it's also a short walk to Hell's Kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark F

Thank you for the great review and for returning to stay with us! We really appreciate your business and hopefully we see you soon!