“Good, but could be better”

The Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good, but could be better”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

First the good. The room was very quiet. Of course the room faced a brick wall. But you can have a view of the street which is not very good or quiet. We chose quiet. Other good aspects-comfortable bed, good location, helpful concierge, pleasant staff, large room, Now the bad. They told us before we arrived they would supply a coffee pot. We requested one every day. Never got one. Forget about free internet, there is absolutely no cell service in the room I had. I checked with other guests, they had no cell service either. Was there for four days and never got a wash cloth. I had to search the hotel for the service cart and get them myself. The breakfast used to be in the bar area on the first floor. They moved it to a gloomy windowless room in the basement. I rated them as very good, but for $400 a night, they should do better.

1 Thank bertoid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Excellent hotel! One important recommendation is that your "free" continental breakfast in the Tuscan room should also offer orange juice. Many adults and all children prefer juice to coffee. In fact, I have always seen orange juice and other juices served with a continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Jesup, GA
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great spot close to Times Square & theaters without being noisy. Complimentary coffee, pastries & fruit in the morning was much appreciated. Wish there was free internet....it was $14.95/day, which seems a little steep.

Marshall, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our second stay at The Michaelangelo and was just as good as the first. We love having drinks in the lounge and the breakfast served there was very good also. The central location is convenient to many attractions and we were able to walk to all three of the shows we attended. The service at this hotel is excellent and all employees were eager to help with any questions we had. The bell captains were very helpful and friendly. We look forward to staying there again on our trip next year.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. Each time exceeded the previous one. My most recent stay in June started with a super-friendly valet at the front door, followed by a delightful employee at the front desk who graciously upgraded our junior suite without us asking! The ambience of the hotel is warm and inviting, while relaxing. Rooms are spacious and appealing. It was truly a pleasant experience from the moment we walked into the hotel (our room was ready for us despite us being two hours early) to the convenient online checkout when we left. We will stay again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Conveniently located, like a home away from home. The doormen were awesome. I never touched a car door and they got me a cab a block and a half away in rush hour. On 51st at 7th, steps from most popular mid-town locations. The internet was not the greatest. The snack in the bar was perfect. The bed was yummy, the shower was relaxing and the closet was ostentatious. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I have always stayed at the Hudson. I left another review about them, so I won't get into why I chose this hotel over them.

I do not regret my choice one bit.
I'm a light sleeper.. Last month when I came to the city I barely slept 8 hours in 72 hours due to noise.

This time was a whole nother experience. The second you walk in, you can't hear one sound from the street. Our room was at the end of the hall 336, so we didn't have much traffic walking by which was nice. The front desk wasn't overly friendly, but the entrance greeter, Chris, made up for everyone's lack of personality. He was very helpful when we needed transportation or even recommendations on brunch or nightlife. I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else in the city. What a hidden Gem. Perfect location and QUIET in one of the loudest cities in the world. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple