The Westin New York Grand Central
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
US$362
US$312
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
Travelocity
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
3,768 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksfitness centerhousekeeping staffby nyc standardstwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I want to give a very special thanks to Marlene, the operator, who assisted me with several items when I needed help! Top quality, very pleasant and helpful support. Thank Marlene you are the best !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write an honest review about our special Marlene. She truly does care about all guest interaction and service and goes above and beyond to ensure guests receive the best service possible.

She will be recognized for her efforts! Thank you again for informing us on the amazing service she provided.

Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the new Westin (formerly the Helmsley) . The location was great.

Nice hotel, nice location The gym is good, new equipment and a good variety of cardio and weights. It's only a couple of blocks from Grand Central and there is good shopping both North and South of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor corner room, one with a Chrysler building view for the best room in the house.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Elise B
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us. I am happy to hear you utilized the WestinWorkout. This is one of the largest gyms in the brand. At the Westin we promote health and wellness and I am happy to hear you were able to experience this service.

The location of our property is very convenient located centrally in Manhattan. As it is only 2 blocks from Grand Central you can get to so many different areas with ease.

We hope to see you back at our property so you can experience another great stay in New York City.

Director of Guest Service

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My Wife and I stayed there during the Big East Conference Championship. We took in a play and dined out both Friday and Saturday nights. The Hotel was Outstanding. We had a Suite on the 31st floor and Breakfast in their restaurant both mornings. The Doormen are very cordial and knowledgeable. Everything you need is within walking distance. Even a fantastic Cigar Shop. The GM Ed should be proud of his team as everyone we encountered were service first and very professional, yet fun. Thank you. JD

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade and get a Suite. Afterall, how many times will you do this in a year...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JD-GM-ALBHH

I am glad you got to enjoy one of our spacious suites! Our standard rooms are spacious by New York standards, and our suites are even more spacious. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed The LCL and the food offers they provided.

Our bellmen are very knowledgeable of the area and I love asking them for recommendations in addition to asking our lovely concierge team. I am glad your stay was perfect and you and your wife truly enjoyed the Big East Conference. We hope to see you next year for the same conference and hopefully sooner!

Stay well,

Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed for one week and I liked the hotel. Staff are very friendly, efficient response to requests.
The location was excellent for me with closeness to everything but not lost within everything! Good size room for a NY hotel.

Room Tip: Unless you like to wake on the 42nd street 3rd Ave noise, I would advise you choose a room away from 42nd Street. Ask for fridge if you don't want to pay the expensive minibar products.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

It certainly sounds like you had a memorable stay with us. I am delighted to hear we were able to accommodate all of your questions and requests with a quick response and attention to detail. We at the Westin New York Grand Central aim to provide the best service possible for our guests. I am happy to hear that you experienced the service that Starwood is known for.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our spacious rooms once more.

Director of Guest Service

Reviewed 8 May 2014

From check in to check out the staff here are unfriendly bordering on rude. No greeting no smile not even looked in the eye most of the time.

Check out was abysmal with a surley gentleman at 6am who could not even explain the bill and was downright rude when we asked for help in explaining it. I had upgraded the room and was given a room on check in right next door to the lift - despite asking for a quiet room. Asked to be moved and was offered a king bed room - despite the fact I was there with a girlfriend and had specified 2 bedded. Declined and was given a noisy damp smelling room on the 18th floor.
Lower floors are allot more noisy due to traffic and I have asthma so room was not good.

Finally back home and nearly $1000 is still holding on my account which was taken at check in and has not been released yet FIFTEEN days later!!!

In conclusion this stay was extremely disappointing and as someone who stays at Westin hotels often it was shockingly bad!

Room Tip: If you do stay here go for a high floor room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jayne W

I want to apologize again for your experience with us. As I have talked to you earlier I hope you were able to find a resolution that was satisfying to you. If you wish to further discuss your experience, you have my information and know where to contact me.

I am here at your service. Please feel free to reach out to me.

Stephanie Hepner