“My Best Experience with Westin Ever”

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #224 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I travel frequently for business, but I am extremely critical when I am taking my family on a vacation. I am easy going when I am by myself, but I want everything to be right if my family is with me. I purposely selected Westin Grand Central because it's not in the crowded Time Square area, but it's still within walking distance. Hotel location is convenient to both Fifth Ave shopping and to the theaters. The hotel is very well maintained, and the rooms are very modern and updated.

But what makes it even better is the pre-arrival email I received from Stephanie, Westin Experience Specialist. She answered all of my questions that I have for planning for my family's activities, and she also made sure that we get the room that is optimum for my family. She helped reduce the anxiety and pressure of traveling with two kids! :-) The extra effort and service provided by Westin Grand Central made this stay as one of my best experience with Westin ever!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Wow!!! What a title to that review! Stephanie will certainly be recognized for her efforts ! I am delighted to hear she was able to provide the service Starwood and all Westins are known for! We are ecstatic to hear that we have become your favorite Westin!

We cannot wait to welcome you back to our property again soon. I know Stephanie would be excited to welcome to assist you with your stay again!

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (3,629)

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as part of a surprise trip for my Hubby. We were not disappointed. It's in a fabulous location, close enough to the best parts of interest in NYC.
I had emailed in advance to request a high floor, to enjoy the views, we were actually on the 20th which was okay as you don't spend much time in your room looking out of a window! The room was spacious and absolutely spotless. Plenty of towels which were all changed daily. Tea/coffee facilities were okay, but they were less than generous with milk, leaving only two little cartons per day. I asked for a few more which wasn't a problem. Mini fridge was well stocked, but pricey I thought.
There was a convention on the weekend we arrived, so the Hotel was very busy. This didn't seem to have any effect on delivery of service. The concierge was really helpful when we asked about clubs and bars etc locally. She wrote details down and gave us the best routes to get there.
Lovely hotel, lovely staff! Would definitely recommend to couples, groups or families.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure having you with us as one of our special guests. I am delighted to hear you had a successful surprise for your husband and that you truly enjoyed your time with us! We are in a great location and aim to provide premium service for all of our guests.

The next time you stay with us we would be happy to send up a complimentary refrigerator to your room if you would like to store some items throughout your trip.

Thank you for recommending our property! We hope to provide you a memorable experience when you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Here now with third problem. Paying 600 per night. First room the window was open and could not be shut. It was 90 egress.

They moved me to downgraded side at same price. No remote in room. They been looking for it or replacement for an hour and no luck. No offer to adjust
Price. For 600 a night would think you get to watch T V!

What a rip off and poor service

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are Starwood preferred, so we usually stay in one of their properties. This hotel had not gotten great reviews, but we chose it for it's location. I can honestly say that it was an outstanding choice! The front desk employees were so accomodating and helpful and our room on the top floor was great! The location was good for getting around and so close to Grand Central Station. Other than long wait for elevator, could not recommend anything to be improved. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle B
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Michelle B!

We are so happy to hear you truly enjoyed your entire stay with us! We loved having you with us as one of our special guests! We aim to provide all of our guests’ memorable stays and we delighted to hear that was your experience.

We hope to be your home away from home the next time you are in New York City!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Westin Grand Central is our go-to hotel when coming in to NYC via train. Convenient location two blocks from Grand Central and spotless rooms. The staff is always very nice,and professional, we've never experienced any problems. The reviewer who mentioned the tiny elevator vestibule on the lobby level does have a point, it can be quite a crush. But we've never had to wait long for an elevator. We are SPG members, glad there is a special check-in desk for members as the check-in lines can be a bit long as well, but with a large hotel that's to be expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edld

Thank you for your honest review! I am ecstatic to hear we provide you a comfortable, clean and a great stay! Our location is fantastic! It is positioned right in the center of everything allowing you to access the many hot spots of the city!

Our Heavenly Beds are just that! Heavenly! I hope you enjoyed you trip to the heavens and we hope to welcome you back to our property for another extraordinary experience!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

great location for walking through nyc on a beautiful weekend. Had to attend a wedding at the yale club, and meet family at the central park zoo for family time...rooms were standard westin rooms, clean bathroom, hot water, and good lighting / Mirrors (as per my wife)...elevators fairly quick, valet parking efficient.. Wish the refrigerator was empty to store water,etc..but understand hotels needs to sell those sodas from the minibar...Tv nice size with good stations. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pard76
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very clean, comfortable and up to date. I have stayed at a number of hotels in NYC and this has been by far my best experience. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing down town, great view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple