4,670 results
All reviews chrysler building great location new york heavenly bed times square mini bar corner room good size bryant park late check high floor two blocks street noise empire state nyc hotel helmsley subway
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel early June 2014. Location we found great and the rooms were very clean and modern. We had two rooms for our extended family - one had views of the Empire state building the other of the Chrysler building so very happy there. We were on the 16th floor and one night (around 2am in the morning) we had a lot of noise (sounded almost like a fight) and woke up to broken glass near the elevators we reported it twice and the glass was still there when we left! The reception staff were very accommodating however a mixed bag at the concierge and bell desk. Housekeeping did a good job as well. A good 4-4.5 star hotel right near Grand Central Station and walking distance of most tourist attractions in New york!

Room tip: request as high up as possible to avoid traffic noise and for good views!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

WOW! We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

It was our pleasure to have your family stay with us! I delighted to hear you experience a refreshing room and truly enjoyed the views. It was our pleasure to assist in make your experience memorable.

We hope to welcome you back to our conveniently located hotel!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

After walking several blocks from Penn Station to The Westin Grand Central, I was ready to take a break and relax. Upon entering, I was met with that familiar White Tea Aloe scent that is characteristic of the Westin Hotels. Be assured that this hotel will live up to your expectations. Our room was clean, comfortable, and the staff was quite helpful. In addition, there's a CVS store close by in addition to a deli next door for last minute needs or hungry teens. Great location and easy stepping off point.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your honest and positive review! That is fantastic to hear you had a memorable stay with us!

We are glad you enjoyed our location and the ease it offered you to get around the city. I am happy you enjoyed the local restaurants as well as the convenience of the CVS. It is a pleasure having you with us and look forward to possible future visits.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

No complaints here. Quiet corner, spacious, modern decor. Great location, everything pricey in NYC. Too bad no bathtub, but nice shower. No fuss fabulous weekend in the best city in the world. We did forget to tip housecleaning!!-which I feel terrible for, as they were detail oriented and didn't wake us up with the vac in the morning. Late check out on Sunday, 3pm, and they held our bags until that evening which was really nice!!

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I do agree our corner rooms are some of my favorites. They provide excellent views to the city and are a little more spacious. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will pass on your positive feedback regarding housekeeping's service to them! We appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you back at our property soon where you can try another one of our fantastic rooms.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I equate The Westin as a 4 star brand at the least. While the location of this property was good for getting to much of everything in NYC, it fell short in a few areas. There was mold in the bathroom shower (room 1616). The lighting in the room was just a bit too dim, even with all lights on. The light in the entry-way was not working at all.

I did find the staff friendly enough, except the concierge. I approached him to ask for directions and he gave them to me, but with a less than "I can help you with that" attitude.

While most hotels in NYC are pricey, it's for that reason, I would not expect to find mold in the shower.

3  Thank Slick12

I would like to thank you for your feedback and apologize for your experience. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and this was not your experience. I am happy to inform you that we placed that room out of order and addressed the engineering defects. However, I apologize you had to experience it before we were able to address the difficultly.

I thank you for your feedback regarding our concierge. I have forwarded this to our Director of Front Office and he is going to address the individual. We thank you for the feedback as it helps us improve our services.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice, room was clean, bed was very comfortable. Staff at hotel was friendly. Location is excellent - not far from anything at all. Will definitely stay here again. Very nice rain shower and nice tv as well. Didn't have breakfast so can't tell how that is. This hotel does fulfill the Westin promise so stay here if you can.

1  Thank InfiniteTravellers

Thank you for the honest and positive feedback. We aim to always fulfill the Westin promise and the Starwood standard. We appreciate and care for our guests and we are delighted you experience this with us.

We hope to see you soon and become your home away from home while traveling in New York City.