“fancy”

Ranked #14 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Denver, Colorado
“fancy”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed here while in town for a wedding. Very luxurious. Friendly service. Nice touches like the staff checking in to clean up the room multiple times per day. Spacious bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Speedy room service. And of course the hotel is right on Central Park, so very easy for strolls outside.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Words cannot describe my wife and I experience at The Pierre. The hotel is truly luxury at its finest. The staff is amazing. Everyone from the doorman to the Taj Attaché was simply amazing and helpful.

I received a call at 10 AM informing me that my room is ready, and if I needed anything to get to the hotel. I kindly denied and made my way to the hotel at 12:30PM. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by William at the front desk. William informed me that he was saddened I was only going to be staying for one-night and suggested I extend my trip. Unfortunately, I had to get back to work the next day so that was going to be impossible. He then informed me that the hotel was completely booked, and that the City-View suite I had a reservation for was not available. I was a little disappointment for a second, but William quickly changed that. He had upgraded me to the Park Room Suite (one of the 3 largest suites available at the hotel) for the night and assured me I would enjoy the stay. My personal Taj Attaché escorted my wife and I to our suite. When he opened the door we were at a loss for words. Beautiful, extravagant, luxurious, and enormous are the words that I can now think of. Everything from the floor to the ceiling was amazing. The view of Central Park could not have been any better.

The Taj Attaché led us to our bedroom and bathroom, and the views continued throughout the Suite. The bathroom was larger than bathroom at home! Double sinks, marble countertop, large waterfall standing shower, large tub, and private toilet area. AMAZING!!!

I could not have asked for a more pleasant stay. The bed and suite were so comfortable we spent majority of our time in the hotel and did not want to leave.

My only bad experience at the hotel was eating at Sirio. The dish we ordered was disgusting and the portions were very small. It was not what I was expecting from such an expensive restaurant.

Hopefully I will return back to The Pierre one day as it was the best hotel stay experience of my life.

Thanks to the staff at The Pierre, we will cherish this visit for the rest of our lives.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Zee S,

Thank you for spending the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay at The Pierre! We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with us, and that you were able to experience 'luxury at its finest'.

We are thrilled to hear that William was able to ensure that you had an exceptional stay with us. Our Central Park views are most definitely some of the most breathtaking views in New York. In addition, we are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Taj Royal Attaché.

We apologize that you had a negative experience at Sirio Ristorante. We will follow up with them to ensure that they will not allow this to happen again.

We hope that we have the opportunity to host you in again in the near future, and that you indeed stay in one of our suites when you do.

Warm Regards,
Heiko K.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my third visit to the Pierre and each time, I've had a wonderful experience. My rooms have always been spotless and beautifully furnished. And the service has been excellent. Everyone is friendly and ready to help at a moment's notice.

On two occasions I've had youngsters with me--once a 14 year old and once a 10 year old. In each case, the hotel has provided "a little something special" for them, e.g. a milkshake. The staff treats them with warmth, and even my shy 10 year old quickly became comfortable.

The concierge, William, was very helpful and immediately rearranged some transportation needs when our flights were delayed.

I've stayed at probably dozens of hotels in NYC, and this is the one that I will go back to whenever possible, especially when I am there on leisure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The Pierre is fabulous. The guest services, the rooms, amenities, view of Central Park, the food, bar/lounge- all top notch and perfect attention to every detail. The beds were so amazingly comfortable, cozy robes and big fluffy towels. The concierge team was extremely attentive and accommodating. Can't wait to revisit!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Caryl B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We checked into the Pierre on Friday afternoon for one night. We were visiting our son in NYC and wanted a comfortable hotel and great location to unwind a bit for the weekend. We had a small suite that furnished perfectly, with a large bathroom including a walk in shower, separate soaking tub, and all of the amenities one expects at a LHW hotel. The bed was fantastic as well.

We enjoyed afternoon Tea in the lounge, room service breakfast, and happy hour at the bar. It was all fantastic. As for location, you cannot beat it. Finally, it is the last place in NYC (or the US as far as I know) where the elevators are manned full time with an attendant. All fun.

Thanks Pierre for making it a special stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ronald R,

Thank you for this spending the time to write this spectacular review. We are thrilled that you chose to stay while visiting your son.

Our location just steps away from Central Park, and our decor is the perfect way to unwind in the city that never sleeps. It sounds as though you took full advantage of all of the comforts and amenities that we offer.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in all of our food and beverage outlets, and that they all exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to hosting you on your next stay, and on your next visit ot your son.

Warm Regards,
Heiko K.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was schedule to check in at 3pm and instead due to flight delays got in at 2am. Everyone knew i was coming in at that time and treated me very well ! The check in was ultra smooth and quick ! The staff were not from NYC ! They looked like new yorkers, spoke with the same accent but their words and manners were from Asia. They bent backwards so make sure they were hospitable, kind and amazing. The concierge desk was the best in the world. Thanks to Brian front desk, Erin, and her team at the concierge. Amazing hotel, great staff, and you get that warm feeling they enjoy their job. Makes the stay even more memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our family of five stayed at the Pierre for 4 nights in celebration of our youngest daughter's high school graduation. We were in adjacent rooms that shared a common entry way. This gave our family complete privacy and the rooms were beautiful. Fruit plates were waiting for us in the room in the evenings. The rooms were large and met all our needs. Erin at the concierge desk was able to arrange wonderful seats at three plays and had many excellent site seeing ideas in New York. The restaurant and Lounge had great service and food. The location is ideal, just across from Central Park on fifth avenue and at 61st street just above the noise and commotion of central park south. From the complimentary chocolate coins in the lobby to the friendly staff the Pierre has it all, perfect for families, romantic getaways and for business. Like Arnold Ill be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family