“Service at its best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #14 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Service at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I returned to NYC with my daughter and granddaughter to celebrate my granddaughter's 18th birthday and her graduation from high school. I informed the Pierre about the purpose of the trip and they very thoughtfully had a small chocolate cake and balloons and roses for her in our room. All the services of which we partook were beautifully done and the staff was polite and friendly. And, I found a very good rate for our 3-night stay via Trip Advisor so all in all I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear wally k,

First and foremost, congratulations to your granddaughter for graduating from high school! You must be so proud. Second, thank you for spending the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are glad that you told us about the reason for your trip, and we are thrilled that she enjoyed her chocolate cake and balloons.

We thank you for complimenting our staff, for it is reviews like these that continue to inspire us to provide five-star service to each and every one of our guests.

We are happy to hear that you found a great rate via TripAdvisor, and look forward to hosting you again on your next stay.

Heiko K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights, after direct flights from Christchurch New Zealand with minimum stopover to change planes in San Francisco. It was our first Taj experience, and certainly exceeded our best expectations. The staff were consistently courteous and friendly. The room service, plus bar and in-house restaurant were exceptional in service and quality of cuisine.
The room was an excellent size, with an ensuite quality bathroom and spacious shower cubicle.
Housekeeping ladies were delightful and very accommodating of our wishes. The business centre was very useful for printing off emails and further travel details. The location on Fifth Avenue was exceptional for our daily walking trips to key sites, and our morning strolls through the lovely spacious natural habitat of Central Park.
We would recommend the Taj Pierre Hotel to anyone looking for an intimate time together and fun site from which to explore an exciting city.
The only disappointment was with the aircon unit, being so loud.

Room Tip: Our room with a street view was quiet and roomy.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for two nights earlier this month. Having never stayed at a Taj before, I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but I was very pleased with the experience. Beautiful, spacious rooms (bigger than the Peninsula), great location (subway entrance is across the street), and excellent service. We are pretty self-sufficient in New York, so we didn't require too much, but we had no major complaints and would stay here again.

While neither of these things would prevent us from staying there again, I make note of two things:

-- mattresses are on the softer side.
-- they have kept the old-fashioned system of having elevator attendants who push the buttons. While it may be considered charming, it feels unnecessary at best and, at worst, very bothersome. They technically have six elevators, but they only run as many as there are attendants. This means that you could stand there waiting several minutes when there are three empty elevators just sitting there. When we came back from dinner on a Saturday evening at around 12:30am, they only had one elevator working. If they are going to keep this custom, it seems the least they could do is staff it adequately.

Dear sfkari,

We thank you for spending the time to review our hotel, as well as share your feedback with us. We love hearing from our guests, for you all help us to continue to provide our five-star experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, our location, and that we were able to introduce you to the Taj experience.

In regards to the mattress, please let us know your preference before your stay, and we are more than happy to put in a firmer mattress. Having a restful stay with us is important, and that starts with the mattress.

We apologize that you had to wait several minutes for the elevator, and that you were not entirely thrilled with our elevator attendants. While we understand that they are not for everyone, we feel as though that is one of the service elements that sets us apart. However, we will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

We look forward to hosting you on your next stay in New York. Have you visited our sister property in San Francisco? Be sure to try Campton Place Restaurant!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This June I stayed for one night at the Pierre Hotel. The room was lovely with a fantastic view over Central Park. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in a hotel. Everything was spotless and the bathroom was very well equipped even though it wasn't that big. The doorman was extremely helpful and friendly as was the concierge who himself went to get my luggage when the porter did not come immediately. The only drawback I would say is that the charge you $ 12.99 for wifi which nowadays is too much as it should be included in a hotel of this category. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Amaya A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are thrilled that you found everything to be up to your standards. We apologize that you felt inconvenienced by our wifi charge, but please know that we are working to address that policy. In the meantime, we invite all of our guests to use the complimentary wifi at Two E Bar/Lounge, as well as Sirio Ristorante.

We look forward to hosting you again. We hope that your next visit with us will be for more than just one night.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a short break at The Pierre hotel. We were holidaying in New York to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon arrival at the hotel, we received a warm welcome from Ai, who was one of the many helpful members of staff. We were fortunate to receive a room upgrade to a City View room, which I have to say was fabulous. Great views of the city, spacious and a TV in every room, even the bathroom!!! Champagne and strawberries, courtesy of The Pierre on our wedding anniversary!! The staff really know how to spoil you and make you feel very special. Nothing is too much trouble. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel....only positives and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Perfect location, perfect hotel, perfect city!! If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, do not hesitate.

Thank you to Vlatka, Ai and all the staff at The Pierre. We hope to be seeing you again all very soon.

Room Tip: Room 919 is perfect!!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed here while in town for a wedding. Very luxurious. Friendly service. Nice touches like the staff checking in to clean up the room multiple times per day. Spacious bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Speedy room service. And of course the hotel is right on Central Park, so very easy for strolls outside.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Words cannot describe my wife and I experience at The Pierre. The hotel is truly luxury at its finest. The staff is amazing. Everyone from the doorman to the Taj Attaché was simply amazing and helpful.

I received a call at 10 AM informing me that my room is ready, and if I needed anything to get to the hotel. I kindly denied and made my way to the hotel at 12:30PM. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by William at the front desk. William informed me that he was saddened I was only going to be staying for one-night and suggested I extend my trip. Unfortunately, I had to get back to work the next day so that was going to be impossible. He then informed me that the hotel was completely booked, and that the City-View suite I had a reservation for was not available. I was a little disappointment for a second, but William quickly changed that. He had upgraded me to the Park Room Suite (one of the 3 largest suites available at the hotel) for the night and assured me I would enjoy the stay. My personal Taj Attaché escorted my wife and I to our suite. When he opened the door we were at a loss for words. Beautiful, extravagant, luxurious, and enormous are the words that I can now think of. Everything from the floor to the ceiling was amazing. The view of Central Park could not have been any better.

The Taj Attaché led us to our bedroom and bathroom, and the views continued throughout the Suite. The bathroom was larger than bathroom at home! Double sinks, marble countertop, large waterfall standing shower, large tub, and private toilet area. AMAZING!!!

I could not have asked for a more pleasant stay. The bed and suite were so comfortable we spent majority of our time in the hotel and did not want to leave.

My only bad experience at the hotel was eating at Sirio. The dish we ordered was disgusting and the portions were very small. It was not what I was expecting from such an expensive restaurant.

Hopefully I will return back to The Pierre one day as it was the best hotel stay experience of my life.

Thanks to the staff at The Pierre, we will cherish this visit for the rest of our lives.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a suite.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Zee S,

Thank you for spending the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay at The Pierre! We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with us, and that you were able to experience 'luxury at its finest'.

We are thrilled to hear that William was able to ensure that you had an exceptional stay with us. Our Central Park views are most definitely some of the most breathtaking views in New York. In addition, we are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Taj Royal Attaché.

We apologize that you had a negative experience at Sirio Ristorante. We will follow up with them to ensure that they will not allow this to happen again.

We hope that we have the opportunity to host you in again in the near future, and that you indeed stay in one of our suites when you do.

Heiko K.