“Great stay!”

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #19 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Staying at the Pierre was great! The staff was extremely helpful and were very atentative. We were very happy to be upgraded to a better room, it was spacious and very comfortable. I am grateful that the receptionist did this as our room may have been a little on the small side.

1  Thank Eddy K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Fantastic staff! Excellent location across street from Central Park. It is a distance from the financial district and Statue of Liberty, though. Did I mention the service? Fantastic!! The rooms do have very soft beds and pillows. If that is acceptable, then this hotel is absolutely PERFECT!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear A_Gypsy_Wannabe,

We are thrilled to read that you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. Thank you for spending the time to share your experience.

From our location, to our beds, to our service, it is a delight to read that you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you on your next stay to New York!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The location of the hotel couldn't get better - just opposite central park and on 5th avenue. The hotel itself is lovely but what make it amazing are the staff. From the time we checked in till the time we checked out they made us feel most welcome. Of particular note was Erin at the concierge desk - she was helpful, professional and full of suggestions and ideas particularly on restaurants.

The only thing that let us down was the air conditioning in our room. We stayed at the Pierre for 3 nights and the first night were unable to sleep as the air conditioning stopped working. The next day the hotel installed a temporary cooler in the room which made things better. They finally mentioned that they had fixed the issue but unfortunately the third night we faced the same misfortune as the first night. The hotel did give us 50% off our stay for the first night to try and compensate for the inconvenience which was extremely kind of them - but when you are paying the amount one is to stay at the Pierre and particularly at the end of a two and a half week extremely hectic trip with jet lag thrown in - you are expecting to have a good night's sleep!!!

Another thing that I did find quite odd was that the hotel charges $100 if you want a kettle in your room - something I found absolutely ridiculous!! For house keeping to bring up warm drinking water took about 45 minutes to an hour.

The staff did try their best to assist us with the air conditioning issues and hopefully they will have this resolved in the room we stayed in after we checked out. Would I stay at this hotel again - most definitely - thanks to its location and people!!

Room Tip: Sadly unfortunately none of the rooms (except the deluxe suites) overlook central park. Our overlook...
2  Thank SherinaPetit

Dear Shwina,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please know that we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are following up accordingly to try and prevent these issues from happening to our future guests.

Our staff is committed to the practice of perfect hospitality, and they work hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests. We will share your experience with the respective departments, for it is by listening to our guests that we are able to continue to provide the five-star service that we are known for.

We hope that you stay with us once more so that we can leave you with a more positive impression of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the best hotel at which we have ever stayed! Excellent service...royalty treatment in fact. Never had a hotel employee walk me to my room at check in. Beautiful, well furnished, large room. Comfortable bed and furniture. Wonderful amenities. Excellent snacks & drinks provided at the gym. Fruit at check-in. Helpful concierge. Elevator attendant. The list goes on and on. Don't miss this one! My new go-to hotel in NYC! Historic hotels are my style though...by the way!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RBuky

Dear RBuky,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure to read all of the wonderful comments from our guests who have stayed with us. We are delighted to read that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

It is an honor that you consider us to be your new go-to hotel in NYC. We love welcoming guests back to our hotel, and we strive to make sure that their next stay is better than their last.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed at the Pierre before and this time it was my daughter's first trip to New York. We wanted to see many things in our short time and we were assisted by a great Concierge staff. First, Erin who helped arrange a train trip for me, then Claudia who made sure I received car service from/to the hotel and Jason who patiently directed me on how to use the subway system. Their assistance made our trip smooth and efficient. We were able to do everything we wanted during our stay. In addition to the friendly and caring staff, the accommodations of the hotel made me feel relaxed and at home. It was a great experience for my daughter and I.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Im 9 years old. It was my first time in NY. I've stayed in other hotels and my family and I want to mention what a fabulous stay we experienced at The Pierre. It was very clean and the service all around was fabulous. We will definitly be back in NY and staying once again at The Pierre. The staff was very helpful and explained everything there was to see and do in NY. Til next time.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed there for business event. We are welcomed with NY shaped chocolates. It was a very nice surprise. Chocolates were delicious. I loved the Sirio Tea Room and Molton Brown soaps at the room. Everything at the hotel made me feel very special. Thank you Pierre Hotel NY!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Bunte M,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us on your last business trip! It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy our special amenities such as our chocolates and Molton Brown products.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to New York. Hopefully, it will be for pleasure, and not just for business!