The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$203
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
US$444
US$415
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$170
  • Fitness centre
1,912 results
All reviewselevator attendantscentral parkelevator operatorcity view suitenew yorkroom serviceelegant hotelfour seasonsfifth avenuefive star hotelupper east sideturn down serviceconcierge deskbottle of champagnehousekeeping staffthe location is perfectnyc hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This is my first review, and only because I had such a nice time I wanted to dispell any negative comments from previous reviewers. We stayed at The Pierre in July 2009, about one month after they reopened from extensive renovations. ($100 million worth to be exact). So beware that previous reviewers may be talking about the old rooms that are now new.
We came here for our one year anniversary, and it was the nicest, cleanest, and most beautiful hotel we have stayed at (and we have been to a lot of nice hotels in hawaii, vegas, california, florida etc.). The hotel just opened after a lengthy renovation, and we stayed in a suite. From the brand new bathroom, with Molton Brown toiletries, to the slippers, rain shower, thick/plush carpet, bose surrond sound, ipod dock, to the bed with flat screens, everything was beyond first rate. The staff was friendly and willing to do anything and everything to make your stay more comfortable. (as if it could be made better). The location is central and cant be beat (for shopping or the park or transportation to wherever). They opened a new lounge for late night drinks too. Since we had a suite, we had a desk with free internet, complete with a printer, fax, copier for our unlimited use (so if you have business needs, not to worry)

The only downside is the price, but what else do you seriously expect for the nicest and classiest hotel in ny? Just beware that the doormen are not trying to be mean when they ask you if you have a reservation before they let you in the hotel, they just want to make the hotel safe, and not crowded by tourists since there are residences in the hotel (who can blame them, if this was my apartment building, I wouldn't want just anybody walking in either). My only offical complaint is that I didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank thehoneymooners212
Reviewed 24 June 2008

The Pierre is a great old hotel. Our room was very spacious and cozy. The staff were very helpful and attentive. It is in a great location, in walking distance to almost everything. The Pierre is a great hotel and if you get the chance to stay there, go!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AndreasMcKenzie
Reviewed 22 May 2008

Every year my sister and I book rooms at the Pierre to celebrate Christmas. We bring a tree, our gifts and a couple of bottles of champaigne. We grab tickets to the Nutcracker or a play, hit the restaurants, walk Central Park. hit a holiday party at a friends and do lots of shopping. The Pierre is the perfect place to return to after a cold New York winter day.

I don't understand the reviews that say the rooms or bathrooms are worn or outdated. I think the place is pretty perfectly charming. Also people who might complain about the value; This hotel is on the upper East Side of Manhattan. Located in basically in one of wealthiest zip codes in America. Life in this neighborhood is not expensive- it is very very expensive. The Pierre is worth every penny.

The hotel is closed for renovations. I think it will be reopening in 2010. I am really disappointed that our family tradtion will be put on hold until then.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank hi3655
Reviewed 30 January 2008

I was at the end of a 6 week holiday which included camping in Alaska and wanted to spoil myself. Even though I have plenty of friends to stay with in NYC, I wanted to try an old world, luxury NYC hotel. I picked the Pierre because it had been recommended by friends, plus I got an excellent deal. Although reviews on Trip Advisor were varied, I was sure I would love it, and I did. It was absolutely fantastic. I felt relaxed, pampered, and ooooh the bed was just divine. The hotel itself is beautiful. Be sure to have cocktails in the Rotunda (i think thats what its called) in the evening. An excellent way to end a hectic holiday!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hollydaysSydney
Reviewed 14 January 2008

-The Pierre's Room Service was simply the most memorable we've ever had. Very professional staff, courteous, food was delivered on time and with the correct tools. In fact we had a twin room and the table height was perfectly in line with the edge of the bed so that we could wedge the table in between and eat...awesome. Well done!
-The first room we had wasn't stellar, we had a neighbour that was clearly on a business call to Asia at 3am due to the time difference. They moved us to an upgraded room the following day and it was very pleasant with a large bathroom, walk-in closet, seating area.
-The Pierre's right on the edge of Central park.
-The staff were great about handling messages and passing flight arrival information to my mom who was waiting for me to arrive from London.
-The Concierge staff were able to locate some last minute Rangers tickets, couldn't go unfortunately.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family