Hotel Plaza Athenee
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$220
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsupper east sidecentral parkmadison avenuenew yorkroom service breakfastquiet streetstar propertymarble bathroomsmall hotelcharming hotelturn down servicebrick wallconcierge desklocation is fantastictwo blocksgreat roomupon check
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is very elegant and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. The location was perfect. However, this is a 5-star hotel with a very old-fashioned ideal. We had to pay for wifi...really? My husband and I are in our late 40s. We think we were the youngest people staying there, by far. Not that this is necessarily a negative thing, but it was more a hotel for our parents. It did not suite our tastes. Very old-fashioned and old-world. We have stayed at 4-star hotels that gave better service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BooandYoke
Athenee, General Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for submitting your review. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to provide the service that met your expectations. We are a more traditional luxury hotel that reflects the Upper East Side and I am sorry that we did not meet your taste in style. Nonetheless, I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Sebastian Wurst
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great location ! This Plaza Athenee has is not related to the Paris Luxurious Plaza Athenee, I felt tricked. The hotel is old and the amenities and services are not a 5 star. I would consider many other options for the same price.

Room Tip: Not in this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlbertoMay

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us-I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are known for our excellent location and sincere and caring service and I would gladly personally discuss your experience with us. You can reach me at swurst@plaza-athenee.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sebastian Wurst
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is elegant and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff are very attentive and helpful. The location in the Upper East Side is great, very close to Central Park. This is definitely a great place to stay in NYC!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristopherB76
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After I experienced some other hotels in NYC, I found the Plaza Athenee via the lhw.com-homepage. I enjoy the calm atmosphere of the Upper East Side, the Central Park a block away. The service is familiar. The rooms are not too large, the interior is of classic style. It´s a Grand Hotel as it should be and a real home, a place of rest, in the city that never sleeps.

Room Tip: the higher the floor, the better. There are very few rooms with balcony - amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Maximilian K
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is the ultimate retreat on the upper east side of NYC. The staff is super friendly and accommodate every request. The spa was outstanding, very private and the massages were very rejuvenating. I ordered room service, 15 minutes and the food was so good. The bar scene is very elegant, a great place to start the evening or end with a nightcap... Ask for Gilbert he makes the best chocolate martinis in town. Rooms were spacious, and most important the bed was ultra comfy. Honestly, even if you are not staying in midtown or the upper east, staying here is a must.

Room Tip: There is no bad room here, none.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business