Loews Regency New York Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
1,808 results
All reviewspark avenuenew yorkbathroom mirrorupper east sideclose to central parkroom servicebeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousluxury hotelturn down servicetwo blockslocation is greataround the cornertimes squareconcierge61stnyc
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I had booked longer, and will in the future. Whereas most city properties offer smaller rooms, the Loews had oversized rooms! I booked a room with two double beds. The room was very big and had a balcony which I was able to enjoy with the 55 degree weather! The decorations are perfect and the bathroom vanity is GORGEOUS!
The hotel is beautiful and comfortable without making you feel out of place. The Front Desk was able to get me checked in at 9:30 am instead of just storing luggage. In Room Dining was delicious and Jaime whom delievered my food was a delight! He gave me some history about the hotel and seemed very happy to be back post renovation.
If you have time, you must grab some dessert at the bar. The Popcorn dish and the Chocolate Toffee dishes were incredible. David was our server and he was the most down to earth and inviting bartender!
Special thank you to Gianluca and Rita (believe that was her name) for giving us a tour around the restaturant and just adding to the amazing hospitality!
I can't wait to be back personally and have already recommended this property to friends and family! Job very well done.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Rebecca - thank you so much for your really kind review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the design of the hotel, but most of all your comments about our service. I will pass on your thanks to Jaime, Rita and David as I know they will really appreciate being mentioned.

I was glad you enjoyed dessert - Jeff our pastry chef is really talented and chocolate is always a great way to end the day.

Thanks again
Adrian Norbury
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Loews Regency literally and figuratively straddles The Upper East Side and Midtown. Technically, it’s located in the UES, but it’s just two blocks north of the boundary. This means you get the convenience of a Midtown hotel with the (relative) quiet and old New York style of an Upper East Side hotel.

If you’re familiar with the Loews brand you might understandably expect it to be on the trendy / boutiquey side of things, as is the case with their newer hotels and their famous Miami Beach property. In fact, it’s more like those hotels’ older, more sophisticated brother. I would say it competes with the St. Regis or the Pierre more so than the trendy boutique hotels.

My room was a great combination of stylish and relaxing. In addition to plenty of electrical / USB outlets, my room featured a huge television that I could tune from my iPhone. I had a huge, marble, walk-in shower, with Julian Farel products. I have no idea who Julian Farel is, but he makes great soap.

As mentioned in other reviews , they have just completed a huge renovation. While I stayed shortly following their re-opening, any remaining issues were invisible to me. I can tell you that most of the “user pictures” appear to be from before the renovation.

As a frequent traveler, who is fortunate to be able to stay in nice hotels, good customer service is pretty much par for the course. That being said, there’s a difference between good, but perfunctory, customer service and customer service that comes from a genuine desire to make people happy. In my experience, that desire usually comes from experienced professionals who are happy in their jobs. I can tell you that most of the employees at the Loews Regency seem to be genuinely happy in their jobs, and it shows. I’ll trade a hundred insincere “my pleasures” for one sincere “good morning.”

Room Tip: Loews is pretty good at monetizing the marginal differences in rooms, but if you have a choice, a corner room on the Park Avenue / 61st Street side is the way to go. The higher, the better. In addition to a nicer view the 18th floor and above have fewer rooms and are a bit more private.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim V
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback Jim V! As you rightly point out regarding our location, we like to say we are a Midtown Manhattan destination offering the benefits of a chic residential Park Avenue address. We think we have the best address in town!

As for Julien Farel, he does make great soap; he's also known for great haircuts! His 10,000 square foot Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa will be opening shortly at Loews Regency, and we are excited to be able to offer his branded amenities in our guest rooms.

We are also happy you noticed the difference in our customer service. Our team have spent a considerable amount of hours in training on being a New York insider, able to deliver the very best in personal service and curated experiences. Our team certainly do enjoy their jobs, and we're glad that shows through! Please come back and visit us soon when you're next in New York.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had the extreme fortune of staying at this beautiful hotel with my daughter. I was taken aback by how friendly the ENTIRE staff was to both of us. We had never been to NY before, and this hotel was the epitome of New York Art Deco. The room was extremely spacious, and the very quite! We also had breakfast in the restaurant, and our waiter was AMAZING! He was the essence of NY hospitality, and being from Texas--we know hospitality. We were walking distance to the Central Park Zoo, and were able to see a great 4D movie while at the zoo that the concierge recommended--great recommendation. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else ever again. If you're in town for business or pleasure this is, hands down, the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Genfitjean

Thank you for your feedback Genfitjean! We're so happy you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us here in New York. We are certainly very proud of our New York Art Deco look. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The newly renovated Regency in NY is incredible! All new Lobby, Restaurant, and Rooms! They didn't spare any expense in this $100,000,000 renovation. They had been closed for a year and we couldn't wait for them to reopen. The Bellman, Justin, recognized me and welcomed me to the hotel. He and the front desk staff including the Concierge were terrific in responding to any of our requests. The restaurant and bar are are very modern in design. This was a needed update from the tired lounge and restaurant preceding the renovation. The location at Park Ave and 61st Street is a very convenient address to stay at. Madison Ave shopping is just around the corner.
We will be going back soon!

Room Tip: We had Room 1201. Perfect, but I am certain that with all rooms renovated, they are all GOOD!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denbro
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We are very proud of our newly re-imagined hotel! We'll certainly pass your thanks onto Justin, our Bellman and let him know how much he impacted your guest experience. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Great stay this past weekend. Wanted to check out the hotel after the renovations. The place looks great. Check in was fast and easy. The room was very nice. I think we may have been the first to stay in it. The bed was firm. Great pillows. Cushy towels. One little gripe- there was a bathtub and shower curtain instead of a glass shower. I would think after $100 million renovation they could have gotten rid of the tubs.

Also - the bar in the lobby needs to be larger with more stools.

Location is perfect. The park. The shopping.

Service was awesome. There are plenty of staff members ready and willing to help. Overall great stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glider17
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback Glider17. The bar is certainly popular in the evening, however we will pass on the feedback to our team about more seating needed. Overall, we are so glad you had a great stay and are happy we could play a small role in your birthday. Please come back and see us again soon!