“Comfortable and elegant”

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, MN
“Comfortable and elegant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My company made the arrangements for my stay and I am grateful for the selection. I took advantage of the pressing services when I arrived and the nightly shoe shine had me looking and feeling top-notch for my meetings. The concierge was extremely helpful.

I sat at the bar for breakfast 2 of the 3 mornings and the service could not have been better. I dined in the restaurant with co-workers one of the evenings and the meal and wine selection was wonderful. The evening meal in the restaurant was also wonderful - the wine suggested was excellent.

I understand it was recently renovated and it was very tastefully done. I appreciated the note in the room that information on the decor is available in case you want to incorporate it in your home.

Room Tip: The spa and work out rooms were still being renovated when I was there. I didn't have time this...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review and we are really glad you had time to enjoy The Regency Bar & Grill for breakfast and dinner. On your next stay, the Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa will be open for you to enjoy as well. We'll certainly let the team know how much you enjoyed the service and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The new Regency is something else, great renovation of all facilities, rooms, lobby etc... Service has always remains perfect. The perfect place for a family trip as well as Business.
I would recommend to a friend in need of a top hotel in New York.

Room Tip: Spa under construction
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlos C
Thank you for your review CarlosC and we are really pleased to hear you like the work we have done. The spa, salon and fitness center are all still being worked on but they should be open in next few weeks.

We hope you can enjoy them on your next visit.

Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just stayed for three nights in the newly renovated Loews Regency on Park Ave.
We were not disappointed.
The hotel is beautiful but not overstated.It has a very calm vibe,especially in all common areas.
Our room overlooking Park Avenue was very spacious.While the room could have used another chair, or even a small couch ,it was tastefully decorated.The bed was very comfortable.
Service was great.The staff was always willing to help.
The location is awesome,especially with easy subway access nearby.
There are a number of nearby restaurants within walking distance.Shopping was also right there.
This is a great quiet location away from the congestion of Times Square.It is a short ,inexpensive cab ride to the theatre district.
I highly recommend this Loews property.

Room Tip: We staved in a Park Avenue room. I wish we had higher floor so the view would have been better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimH713
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for the kind review JimH713. We're so happy you enjoyed the Park Avenue view - it's one of the things we are famous for! Let us know when you are heading back to stay and we'll do our best to give you a room on a higher floor for even better views of Park Avenue. Thank you for staying at Loews Regency!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had a great experience at the Hotel. It was my first time there and I felt very well greeted. The staff is amazing! David (who was the main concierge while I was there) was very helpful and kind. Since i'm from Brasil I was very pleased to know that he spoke portuguese. I will definitely recommend the hotel to all my friends!
Thanks so much,
Rosangela Pinto
(Viviane Abitbol)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us RosangelaP. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about David. He is our Chef Concierge and one of New York's finest. We'll be sure to pass on the feedback to him. Safe travels back to Brazil and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

As a long time customer of The Regency, I was at a loss when they closed for renovations. The year long wait was worth every minute. The property is spectacular. From the beautiful lobby, restaurant, it is all beautiful. The photos of the new rooms do not do them justice. The design, colors, and layout are wonderful.
The bathroom is beyond incredible with marble and space and soft towels and wonderful bath products. The bed is truly one of the most comfortable I have every slept in.
The staff, many that have returned, are so welcoming and do anything to make your stay special and feel like you are truly part of the family.
Upon my arrival there was a nice note from Mallory Jolly, VIP Manager and a bottle of chilled wine with fruit to enjoy. 2 nights later another "welcome back" note from Adrian Norbury, Director of Sales and Marketing. He had been very helpful during my booking process.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel and staff.
The hotel business in NY can be very competitive and traveling is not fun for anyone these days, but this hotel and staff make it all enjoyable and comfortable to travel as I do across the country. So happy to be back at my home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback lenorasf! We're so glad you returned to your New York home here at Loews Regency. We're very happy to have you back and delighted our team took such good care of you. We will pass on your best wishes to Mallory and Adrian. Come back and see us soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Recently had the opportunity to stay at the Loews Regency in NYC for a work conference. From check-in to check-out, I couldn't have asked for a lovelier group of professionals to interact with making my stay more than just a place to sleep- they made it an experience. Helpful, resourceful and fun, the Loews team were quick to make sure I was accommodated during the impending snowstorm and they ended up having to take me on an extra 2 nights; they did so without batting an eyelash! Angel, Chet & the entire front of house team were engaging, full of personality and made me feel like I was just hanging out with friends.

The renovation of this hotel is a sight to behold and you will absolutely be charmed and impressed not only by the team but the incredible look and feel of the property. The rooms are nothing short of spectacular with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and plenty of space to store your luggage (and shopping...it is Manhattan). The bathroom even had one of those mirror tv's! You are getting every dollar's worth staying here and being a stone's throw away from Central Park and all the highlights of the Upper East Side make this an absolute must stay.

Because my experience was so fantastic, I wrote a note to the Managing Director and he personally reached out to me to say thanks- something he did NOT have to do. This crew is truly dedicated to making sure guests have everything they need and they appreciate your business. If you are looking for a fantastic place to stay in NYC with first-class amenities, awesome location and amazing coffee (Sant Ambroeuse is right in the hotel), do not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review Jenni, we really appreciate you taking the time.

I will make sure Angel and Chet get to see your comments and we are very proud to have a great team of committed hospitality professionals working on our team.

I love the beds too!

Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I had booked longer, and will in the future. Whereas most city properties offer smaller rooms, the Loews had oversized rooms! I booked a room with two double beds. The room was very big and had a balcony which I was able to enjoy with the 55 degree weather! The decorations are perfect and the bathroom vanity is GORGEOUS!
The hotel is beautiful and comfortable without making you feel out of place. The Front Desk was able to get me checked in at 9:30 am instead of just storing luggage. In Room Dining was delicious and Jaime whom delievered my food was a delight! He gave me some history about the hotel and seemed very happy to be back post renovation.
If you have time, you must grab some dessert at the bar. The Popcorn dish and the Chocolate Toffee dishes were incredible. David was our server and he was the most down to earth and inviting bartender!
Special thank you to Gianluca and Rita (believe that was her name) for giving us a tour around the restaturant and just adding to the amazing hospitality!
I can't wait to be back personally and have already recommended this property to friends and family! Job very well done.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Rebecca - thank you so much for your really kind review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the design of the hotel, but most of all your comments about our service. I will pass on your thanks to Jaime, Rita and David as I know they will really appreciate being mentioned.

I was glad you enjoyed dessert - Jeff our pastry chef is really talented and chocolate is always a great way to end the day.

Thanks again