“Lovely Experience”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #38 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Loews Regency for three nights with my husband and daughter. Our room was beautifully appointed, clean and quite large for a New York City hotel. The location is great in that it is an easy walk to Central Park, shopping, and restaurants, but still in a relatively quiet area. The best part of our stay, however, was that every single staff member we encountered went out of his or her way to make my two year old daughter feel comfortable and welcome. Traveling with a small child comes with some logistical challenges, but the staff met every single one of our needs. We checked in at around 10:00 p.m. and within minutes a crib was delivered, along with a special set of toiletries for the baby. Each night, housekeeping dropped off cookies for her. If you are friendly to my child, that makes me a happy guest.

And for those traveling without children for business or pleasure, please do not be put off by my designation of this hotel as "family friendly." This is still a very elegant and sophisticated hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay here if traveling sans child.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caesar15
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy your stay. I am glad to hear your two-year old was truly pampered too. I'll certainly make sure the team knows how much their attention meant to you. I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Loews Regency for 2 nights ...2 rooms. I was traveling with my husband , daughter and son-in law.
Our stay was even more wonderful then we expected. The renovation is spectacular!
My daughter arrived before check in time, and she was able to get in her room early. Both our rooms were upgraded They were fabulous. . The convenience of having the Fiat car service was another great plus. The entire staff was friendly and nice.
I would also like to mention the superior service we got from Ela (the concierge). She was extremely attentive and followed through quickly and efficiently.
Can't wait to plan another trip to NYC so we can come back to the Loews Regency !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review Dale G! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our complimentary FIAT service is one of our newest partnerships and our guests, like you, seem to enjoy it immensely! We'll certainly pass on the positive feedback to Ela, our Concierge. Safe travels and we hope to see you back again at Loews Regency!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I think we've just found a new favorite in NYC!!!
Loew's not only has beautifully appointed rooms, but also a great and very friendly staff!!! What more could you ask for! Great location, great amenities and my 5 year old son was even impressed...and he's a tough critic

Room Tip: It's NYC people...all rooms are good and well appointed...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback Brian F! We're delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay and our team members looked after you and your family well. Great news also that we were able to keep the toughest critic happy. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My company made the arrangements for my stay and I am grateful for the selection. I took advantage of the pressing services when I arrived and the nightly shoe shine had me looking and feeling top-notch for my meetings. The concierge was extremely helpful.

I sat at the bar for breakfast 2 of the 3 mornings and the service could not have been better. I dined in the restaurant with co-workers one of the evenings and the meal and wine selection was wonderful. The evening meal in the restaurant was also wonderful - the wine suggested was excellent.

I understand it was recently renovated and it was very tastefully done. I appreciated the note in the room that information on the decor is available in case you want to incorporate it in your home.

Room Tip: The spa and work out rooms were still being renovated when I was there. I didn't have time this...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review and we are really glad you had time to enjoy The Regency Bar & Grill for breakfast and dinner. On your next stay, the Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa will be open for you to enjoy as well. We'll certainly let the team know how much you enjoyed the service and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The new Regency is something else, great renovation of all facilities, rooms, lobby etc... Service has always remains perfect. The perfect place for a family trip as well as Business.
I would recommend to a friend in need of a top hotel in New York.

Room Tip: Spa under construction
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos C

Thank you for your review CarlosC and we are really pleased to hear you like the work we have done. The spa, salon and fitness center are all still being worked on but they should be open in next few weeks.

We hope you can enjoy them on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just stayed for three nights in the newly renovated Loews Regency on Park Ave.
We were not disappointed.
The hotel is beautiful but not overstated.It has a very calm vibe,especially in all common areas.
Our room overlooking Park Avenue was very spacious.While the room could have used another chair, or even a small couch ,it was tastefully decorated.The bed was very comfortable.
Service was great.The staff was always willing to help.
The location is awesome,especially with easy subway access nearby.
There are a number of nearby restaurants within walking distance.Shopping was also right there.
This is a great quiet location away from the congestion of Times Square.It is a short ,inexpensive cab ride to the theatre district.
I highly recommend this Loews property.

Room Tip: We staved in a Park Avenue room. I wish we had higher floor so the view would have been better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimH713
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for the kind review JimH713. We're so happy you enjoyed the Park Avenue view - it's one of the things we are famous for! Let us know when you are heading back to stay and we'll do our best to give you a room on a higher floor for even better views of Park Avenue. Thank you for staying at Loews Regency!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had a great experience at the Hotel. It was my first time there and I felt very well greeted. The staff is amazing! David (who was the main concierge while I was there) was very helpful and kind. Since i'm from Brasil I was very pleased to know that he spoke portuguese. I will definitely recommend the hotel to all my friends!
Thanks so much,
Rosangela Pinto
(Viviane Abitbol)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us RosangelaP. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about David. He is our Chef Concierge and one of New York's finest. We'll be sure to pass on the feedback to him. Safe travels back to Brazil and we look forward to seeing you again soon.