“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night, I was upgraded to a suite at check in. It's more like an apparent than a suite. It had two big rooms and a big reception with two bathrooms. Each one of the rooms on a stand alone basis, is bigger than most hotel rooms in such a central location. The suite also had a kitchenette, but was completely empty; no cups or spoons or kettle. I had to go to the nearest café to get a cup of tea. Breakfast was a set menu, not an open buffet, but the quality was good.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel

1 Thank B_traveller_2050
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thanks for your kind review and we're certainly glad you would recommend us for future stays. I'm sorry you didn't have everything you needed in your room, but if you let us know in advance next time we would be happy to provide additional items.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just stayed here with my family. The renonavation is fantastic. Worth the wait while it was closed. No detail was overlooked; rooms, bathrooms, lobby, restaurants are incredible. The hotel staff are terrific. This is a must stay at hotel when you are in the city!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Shempie
Thank you shempie - we're so glad you think it was worth the wait. We're happy you came back and enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I joined my boyfriend on a business trip and we were thrilled to stay at Loews Regency. Rooms were HUGE by NYC standards. Gorgeous decor, fantastic plush towels. Service top notch, greeat mattress, nice robes, great shampoo, TVs in bathroom! Fantastic service and great park ave location. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

1 Thank caztravels
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks for the glowing review caztravels....we couldn't have said it better ourselves! You just recapped everything that is great about Loews Regency - huge rooms, top notch service, seriously comfortable mattresses, nice robes, great bathroom amenities and TV's in the mirrors in the bathrooms! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay - come back and see us again soon!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Loved staying here. I went with my sister for a week in NY, and we loved the Loews regency. The whole hotel has a low key luxe feeling that isn't fussy and fawning.

Its in a great spot, 2 blocks from Bloomingdales in one direction, 2 blocks from Central Park in the other. Easy walk to places like the Met or Rockefeller Centre. Safe neighbourhood.

We had a twin room, the room was stylish and elegant, and big. There was plenty of room for both of us and a huge amount of luggage and shopping bags. Beds were super comfy. Everything clean. Divine robes. Staff were all great, friendly and professional, especially front desk, concierge and doormen. Housekeeping were good too.

Only slight gripe was that the bedding was very hot, but being high quality feather and down, I suppose that's to be expected. There was occasionally a bit of noise, the neighbouring rooms doors slamming could always be heard, plumbing noises etc, but we loved the rest of the hotel so much, that this didn't phase us at all.

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RachaelMG
Thank you for the great review RachaelMG! Our location is one of the best in Manhattan, as you mention, and our double bed rooms are extremely spacious. It's most important that you have room for the shopping bags! Sorry to hear that the bedding was a little warm...we'll look into something lighter for the Summer months. Safe travels back to Auckland and we hope you will return soon!
Manchester
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Check into the refurbished Regency hotel made us feel special, for no particular reason other than it just felt right. The lobby has been refurbished so beautifully, the fabrics and decorations are modern but sympathetic to the heritage of the hotel.

Every part of the hotel is elegant, understated and perfect.

For me the true test of a hotel is how I sleep and how I feel. Of course trendy modern hotels make me feel cool, but edgy and not totally relaxed. The Loews Regency afforded me a perfect nights sleep, in a well thought out luxurious room. Plenty of plug sockets for all our gadgets, even on the bedside cabinet.

The staff and management have done a great job in preserving the refinement and sophistication of this great hotel without it being overpowering or subservient.

The bathroom was a little small with no space for our things around the sink, but this is the only criticism of an otherwise perfect stay.

We felt great staying there, being there and a warm glow that stayed with us after we left.

To sum up, it just felt right!

Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dudih
We are very pleased to hear you thought we are something special dudih! Our beds are extremely comfortable and our rooms are very quiet, so we're not surprised to hear you had a great night's sleep, but we're still very happy to hear it! It's great to know that you appreciate the new design of the hotel and while modern and chic, we still give a nod to the heritage of the hotel which has been on Park Avenue for 50 years! Come back and see us again soon and we'll make sure you get a bigger bathroom next time!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Loews Regency for 4 nights. We had a discounted room, but were still asked upon check in if we would prefer a room on a higher floor. Granted, our room faced the inside of the hotel, which was buildings, but the room was large and very well appointed.
We requested nightly turn down service, which included a small bottle of water, fresh towels, and some delicious cookies-a nice change from chocolates.
Something I appreciated was the fact that there were no signs requesting that you re-use towels and donot change your bedding. At a hotel of this caliber and price point, you should not have to reuse anything.
We were never able to use the car service as it was a very busy weekend, but it would have been convenient. The location makes it easy to go anywhere though.
It rained the whole weekend, so umbrellas at the door were very much needed and appreciated.
Everyone at the hotel was friendly, and down to earth.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Park Ave or the side street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank queenbdc
Thank you for your feedback queenbdc! We are so sorry to hear it rained all weekend while you were here....you must come back and experience New York when the weather is better! We're very proud of our location and service, and are thrilled you had a great experience. Apologies that you were not able to use our complimentary FIAT's....they are extremely popular with our guests. Hopefully next time you can take advantage. Safe travels and see you again soon!
Dallas TX
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This lovely hotel impressed me from the moment I made the reservation! It was my first time in the city, and traveling with my sister for the National Stationary Show and I will be honest was a bit nervous about getting lost and safely navigating the city! Now I am confident I found the dream hotel in. NYC and would not stay anywhere else!

* I tend to write detailed reviews based on all the things we travelers (I feel) look for when choosing, so I hope this helps!

Preparation:
I booked on a discount site that always does a great job, but the hotel site is good as well-worth every penny. I called Victoria at the hotel prior to make sure my baby sis could check in early and she was so kind and offered great tips for our arrival.

Room Tips/Location:
After arriving at the hotel we were originally on the 3rd floor which was very nice-but really wanted to be on a higher floor with a larger bathroom and view (both were very quiet btw). So we requested to be moved and the staff graciously accepted our request and although the room wasn't ready yet we came back from dinner to return to a 16th floor room with an amazing view,huge bath and didn't have to lift a finger!! The room was gorgeous and clean, and our favorite part was the tv behind the bathroom mirror! Perfect for getting ready which we loved!

Amazing Hotel staff/service:
I also have to mention the concierge Ella, she was outstanding. She made almost every meal reservation and suggested the most amazing drink and dessert spots, and spoke to not only the food, price, and atmosphere of each place but rated them by our mood or desire for dressy vs casual-all were perfect and we just loved her!!

Our AC actually went out-but the staff quickly arrived to fix the problem and were very prompt, respectful and we really didn't mind the issue. Those will pop up it's just reality, it's how the issue is handled that takes customer service to the next level which Loews did just that!!

After the NSS I had a ton if additional baggage that needed shipping and was very concerned as to how I would get the items on the plane or find a shipping location-but no problem...the very kind bellman found me a box, assisted in my packing and took all my worry away in about 2 minutes!

Food/restaurant:
Another favorite aspect was the little bakery/coffee shop adjacent to the hotel (owned by Loews) but around the corner. It was delicious and perfect for a quick and filling breakfast which we indulged in daily! The hotel restaurant breakfast was great, and yes a bit pricey but very good and even if the side of berries was 16.00 you got an extra large bowl of strawberries,raspberries instead of cheap melon or grapes, so we didn't mind, and the wait staff was very prompt we loved it.

Wifi: the hotel had complimentary wifi-I did have to pay for the upgrade- to stream anything you need it-however for business emails and such the free wifi is just fine. The upgrade is 19.00/night which is lower than four seasons at 26.00/night (for 3 devices).

Location:
Outstanding!!! Right off Central Park (two blocks over to be exact, approx one block from Bloomingdales, Bergdorfs, and Bendels) but the great thing about Loews compared to the other ritzy hotels on the Upper East Side is that Park is fabulous but being one block away from the hustle of Central Park and busier road made for a quiet but fun retreat in the heart of a busy couture location. And heading one block opposite you are right by all kinds of great shops including serendipity and more economical dining options! The hotel offers complimentary cars upon appointment, but to be honest the bellman have a car/uber/taxi for you before you have time to ask for the Fiat-so that was great!! Also less than a block from the subway!

I researched for weeks comparing all the hotels location,ratings, reviews and after walking by and thru many if those other hotels including Plaza and Essex etc this is the best hotel-on every level. This will for sure be our place to stay when coming to the city...so don't stay anywhere else!!! Best stay ever!

3 Thank Susan V
Thank you so much for the wonderfully thorough review Susan V! We are so glad you chose Loews Regency as your home away from home, and even more thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we were able to take your worries away. We will certainly pass on your kind words regarding our Bell Team and Ela from our Concierge Team. Come back and see us again soon!