“Loews Regency was AMAZING”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #30 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Lake Forest, California
“Loews Regency was AMAZING”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Loews Regency in NYC for 3 nights in May to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday. This was our first stay at a Loews hotel and I must say we were very impressed! Our room was a gorgeous suite overlooking Park Avenue. The location was perfect, walkable to Central Park and 5th Avenue shopping and a quick cab ride to Times Square. The room was very spacious, comfortable and extremely quiet. I had read that the hotel was recently renovated and I must say they did a fantastic job. The room had a classic decor with crown moulding and beautiful fixtures, while also having modern amenities including motorized blackout shades, numerous electrical outlets and free WiFi. We also had a stunning bathroom with marble floors and a freestanding tub which was an absolute showstopper. We were also very impressed by the staff and their attention to every detail. Overall this trip was amazing and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotel. Definitely looking forward to our next visit to NYC and staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott R
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Firstly ScottR, happy birthday to your wife and we are thrilled you chose to celebrate with us. We're glad you enjoyed the hotel and the attention to detail of our fabulous team members. Thank so much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Medford, NJ
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Loews did an exceptional job renovating this landmark hotel. The extra touches, like plenty of electrical outlets and free WiFi, plus the luxe appointments you'd expect from Loews demonstrate that they really understand today's traveller. This will be my go to hotel any time I'm in NY.

Room Tip: The luxury king category feels like a suite. Super spacious. If NY hotel rooms make you feel like yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you LD38. We love the touches like the extra power outlet in the rooms too. They are all aimed to just take the hassle out of traveling, so we are glad you noticed. Thank you for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room was gorgeous with sweeping views of the city, and the staff was absolutely fantastic. I had clients in town for an event and being able to show them a first rate experience made my company look really great. And not for nothing, being able to just stay there PERSONALLY was a real treat!

1 Thank Alex S
We are very happy you and your clients enjoyed the new Loews Regency! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It means a lot.
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Loews Regency for 5 nights in May. I was there for a trade show and we extended it by a few days to enjoy the city. What a great hotel choice for our stay! The hotel itself is beautiful, it has a very nice location, the rooms are spacious by NYC standards, the room decor is gorgeous and it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! Even with all of those things the BEST thing about the Loews Regency was the service! The staff was truly amazing. We were warmly greeted the moment we walked in the door. While checking in we were given an upgrade to a room with a view of Park Place. The concierge staff made several excellent restaurant recommendations as well as suggestions for activities. The doorman was ready with umbrella's and when they ran out went and got his own for me to use. The car service is a perk I wasn't expecting and came in very handy. We weren't able to use the Fiat service but love the idea of it. I will (and have been) recommending this hotel to anyone planning a visit to NYC. We will stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
1 Thank Libbie B
Thank you Libbie. The hotel was renovated recently and we certainly benefit from that investment, but we are truly proud to be a part of a team that delivers great service. We will of course pass on your comments to our Team Members - they love hearing about how they make people's experiences great.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent last Monday through Friday at the newly-renovated Loews Regency and must say I had an absolutely incredible experience. The staff were friendly, courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. My room was absolutely beautiful and spacious. You can't beat the location or the amenities. I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you ToddKrim for your kind words. We are happy you are excited to return and we're also grateful for your very kind review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night, I was upgraded to a suite at check in. It's more like an apparent than a suite. It had two big rooms and a big reception with two bathrooms. Each one of the rooms on a stand alone basis, is bigger than most hotel rooms in such a central location. The suite also had a kitchenette, but was completely empty; no cups or spoons or kettle. I had to go to the nearest café to get a cup of tea. Breakfast was a set menu, not an open buffet, but the quality was good.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B_traveller_2050
Thanks for your kind review and we're certainly glad you would recommend us for future stays. I'm sorry you didn't have everything you needed in your room, but if you let us know in advance next time we would be happy to provide additional items.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just stayed here with my family. The renonavation is fantastic. Worth the wait while it was closed. No detail was overlooked; rooms, bathrooms, lobby, restaurants are incredible. The hotel staff are terrific. This is a must stay at hotel when you are in the city!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Shempie
Thank you shempie - we're so glad you think it was worth the wait. We're happy you came back and enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again soon.