“The MOST COMFORTABLE BED!!!”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #33 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The MOST COMFORTABLE BED!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The renovation is amazing. Robert Alana, bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed. The bar and restaurant staff were more than accommodating. The doorman were so pleasant and helpful.

I was in NY for business and met my clients for lunch...loved the food!

As far as the room was concerned...It was quiet (great soundproof windows) the bathroom and bath products were the best...but, nothing surpassed the bed. It was the most comfortable bed ever!

Albert H

2 Thank Albertdecorator
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your review Albertdecorator! We agree with you that we have the most comfortable beds in town. We will make sure that Robert Alana is well recognized for taking such good care of you! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has recently gone under a complete restoration with new suites and hotel bar and restaurant. You will find the service here to be outstanding and now even offer a free Fiat car service to drive you around. The bar is a great place to hang out in the evening with a friendly staff that like to interact with you. This hotel is located at Park Lane and 61st street so walking to madison avenue or to Central park is close for anyone. I stay here at least four times a year. The only time I dont is in December because the price gets to be a little steep, so I stay at The Park Lane hotel across from Central park.

3 Thank mark b
Thank you for the amazing comments about our renovation Mark B. As you mention, we've just completed a $100 million renovation and we are looking good! That said, we always like to hear how we are doing service-wise and the fact you think we are outstanding makes us very happy. Our brand partnership with FIAT enables us to offer hotel guests rides throughout Manhattan completely complimentary. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to NYC!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Beautiful renovation to a deluxe hotel in the sky. The staff was so accommodating when I arrived from a red eye letting me use the gym as my room was not ready until much later. The amenities and professional hair dryer were fabulous. Didn't hear much street noise and there was a parade two blocks away that the hotel apprised everyone from the day before so that they can make proper arrangements for transportation and otherwise. What a great touch so you don't get blind sided. That is a true mark of excellent service and having your guests best interests as priority number one. I look forward to my next stay!

1 Thank Pauline S
Thank you for your review Pauline S! As you mention, our Fitness Center is large and spacious and our Julien Farel locker rooms offer a great space to shower and refresh when checking in early. Our team also does a great job of keeping our guests up to date with the latest information of what's happening in the city as well as how this might affect your travel plans. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Baltimore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was my first experience at this hotel and stayed here for one night while on business in NYC. The location is excellent for work in mid-town. It is not outrageous from a price standpoint but it is not inexpensive.

The staff is great --- focused, personable, professional, and takes ownership of your needs/requests. A special mention to Lee (a manager) and the front desk team that from the moment I arrived to the time I left was warm and on the top of their game.

My room was large and nicely appointed. The beds are large and comfortable and the bathroom was high end. The business capabilities are enabling. The fitness center is well equipped and large.

The only things that are little off are the bar/restaurant which is nice but seems compact for such a high end facility, and the ability to have a quiet "lobby-located" one on one business conversation ---- is limited.

All in all, a nice hotel and worth trying.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can and preferably on Park Avenue.
1 Thank CGCx
Thank you for taking the time to give us such valuable feedback CGCx. We will certainly pass on your comments to Leigh Wynn and our Front Office team. As you mention, the bar in The Regency Bar & Grill is extremely popular and perhaps hard to hear for a one-on-one business meeting, however we will happily offer you a seat in our Lobby Lounge next time where we also offer food and beverage service. Overall we are happy to you had a high end experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Amazing renovation. Rooms are large and the beds are extraordinarily comfortable. As a woman, I loved the amenities and the professional hair dryer in the room. I was there only one night so didn't get a chance to experience the restaurants and bar but it was hopping at night and in the morning.Very chic crowd.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the feedback AllycatCanada! We are thrilled you thought we are "luxury at it's best"! The beds are extremely comfortable and we're glad you enjoyed the Julien Farel amenities and the professional grade hair dryers we have in-room. Come and experience us for longer next time!
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having stayed at the Regency Hotel for many years I must say the renovation is spectacular. Along with the beautiful finishes, the staff is equally as accommodating and ready to serve you whenever desired. From the doormen that remember from years past to the warm and inviting lobby, the comfortable and relaxing new bar off of the lobby, you find that you just don't want to leave the hotel -- and you haven't even checked into your room.

When you get to the newly renovated rooms, you then you fully appreciate what the Loews organization has done with this jewel of a hotel in one of the prime locations in Manhattan. I strongly recommend people to experience this jewel of a hotel and I look forward to staying there for many years. Keep up the good work!
Steven

Room Tip: The rooms I've experienced on both of my visits have been excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven B
Thank you so much for the glowing review Steven B and for saying that we are a jewel of a hotel. We are extremely proud of the new look and feel of Loews Regency, but we are delighted to hear that our team members were who resonated the most with you. Please come back and see us again soon when you are next up this way!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From the moment I checked into the newly renovated Loews Regency by myself at midnight I knew I would be well taken care of. The front desk staff members were extremely welcoming and quickly gave me my room. My large room was beautifully decorated with a stunning view of Park Avenue. The bed was turned down and incredibly comfortable and luxurious. The Loews has an inviting bar steps down from the grand lobby. Both nights it was abuzz with other guests and neighbors. I don't usually feel comfortable alone at a bar but the bartenders and other guests were very friendly. The service and food in the restaurant and cafe were excellent. The neighborhood could not be better for shopping, dining, and sightseeing. Central park is just 2 blocks away. When returning the first day from my morning run in the park the doorman stopped me... to offer me a cold bottle of water! I felt right at home. I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: I was on a high floor and enjoyed the quiet room. I asked to be on the front of the building and lov...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review emilymo81! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us here at Loews Regency. It sounds like you will be back to see us again soon. We look forward to it!