“I Had My Best Birthday Ever At The Loews”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #35 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I came with my parents to celebrate my 11th birthday (and was greeted at the front desk and wished a happy birthday). Our room was AMAZING! We found it hard to leave the comforts of it in the morning. We had an incredible spa day. I had an awesome massage, mani/pedi, and hair wash and blow-dry and my mom loved hers too! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Don W. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your birthday so much and were well looked after by our team. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at the renovated Recency while on business in NYC recently. Had a great room on the 14th floor with an outdoor balcony overlooking Park Avenue. The room was great, as was the restaurant and bar, as well as the service and the staff. They really go out of their way to make you feel special and well taken care of. If you haven't tried the Regency yet, you should. I'm going back again. It's my new favorite hotel in NYC!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Craig S

Thank you so much for the glowing review Craig S. We are thrilled to hear that we are your new favorite hotel in NYC and will be coming back to see us again soon. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I spent the July 4th weekend at the Regency.
We had a spectacular time. The hotel remodel has delivered very comfortable rooms. The amenities are outstanding (my wife has fallen in love with the hairdryer). The location allows you to enjoy the city without being in a crush of people.

We enjoyed brunch in the lounge while watching a world cup match.

The staff was outstanding. Everyone greeted us warmly and made an effort to insure that we had everything we needed.

Stay at the Regency if you are looking for a sophisticated, upscale environment with attentive service located within easy walking distance of great shopping, dining and Central Park South.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Thank you so much for the glowing review Michael W. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time with us over 4th July weekend and were able to take in a World Cup match screening in The Regency Bar & Grill. You also mentioned that your wife loves our hair dryers....they can actually be purchased from Julien Farel if she is interested. Or if you or her are staying at any of our sister Loews properties, they will shortly be featured in each of our hotels.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary and decided to book a last minute trip to New York City because neither of us had been. We booked a stay at the Loews Regency, based mainly on its good rating on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 5 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful, although I was hoping they'd try to do something special for us when they found out it was our 10th anniversary. All we got was a nice "Congratulations!" Oh well. I guess I can't expect too much.

The location is great if you want to stay close to Central Park and in a good part of town. It's very close to all of the flagship luxury stores on Madison and 5th Avenue and it's about two blocks away from a subway entrance. It wasn't as easy to find good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, though.

The room we stayed on was facing 61st and it was very quiet. The view isn't that great, but I kind of expected to be staring at other buildings if I'm staying in Manhattan.

It seems like the hotel has been recently refurbished and the rooms had a classy, new feel to them. The bed was very comfortable.

We really had no complaints about the hotel and I would definitely stay there again, although we might try to stay somewhere closer to Rockefeller Center next time just because we spent most of our time in that area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review BBMcDonald. I'm sorry to hear that we did not recognize your 10 year Anniversary with anything more than a "Congratulations"....that is certainly not our standard protocol. With that said, I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay regardless and that you loved the location of the hotel and will definitely be back. Be sure to let us know when you are coming back and we will take good care of you!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms were impeccably clean and beautifully designed. The staff was exceptional and the location is the best in NYC. Our favorite amenity was the Ride with Fiat partnership. We used the drop-off service three times and we were very pleased with the car, the driver, and the Fiat desk representative (Gianna). Our family of four was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Brenna B
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for your kind comments. We do like our wonderful partnership with the FIAT team. Free transfers anywhere in Manhattan is a great benefit and we are pleased you were able to take advantage of the two cars.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

2nd time staying at the Loews Regency, the first being a couple of years ago. Renovation is fabulous. Service overall was very good. Location is most ideal for anyone wanting to stay in the Upper East Side - 2 blocks from everywhere you need to be. Highly recommend staying here !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks belugalove for taking the time to write a review. We love out location too. Barney's, Bloomies, Madison and Fifth Avenues around the corner - oh and Central Park! We hope you don't leave it so long to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a frequent business traveler to NYC, I have made the Regency my "go to" place. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant staff has been consistently gracious and accommodating. The rooms are spotless and the room service is exceptional. I have been so impressed with this operation that I have taken my family to the Regency for personal travel as well. The Regency deserves high marks for providing a courteous staff and raises the bar for other hotels with their personalized service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review Woodki070707. We love it when our business guests come back for the weekend - there is so much to do with the family in this neighborhood. Thanks also for your kind words about our team. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.