“loved the hotel”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #33 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

the best hotel we ever stayed in while in nyc. spacious room with two walk-in closets, lovely bathroom. the bed was very comfy and the sheets pure luxury. location is also perfect. staff was very helpful and we loved the complimentary drop-off service by Fiat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review fridtjofen! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Regency when you are next in town! Until then, safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Loews Regency New York Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed here almost 10 times and they continue to impress me. The location is great as well as the renovation. The staff is fantastic and when I made a last minute reservation on a night when the whole area was overbooked and raising rates, they kept it at the normal price. Classy hotel and staff.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Fbcrane
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for the outstanding review Fbcrane, and thank you for being such a loyal guest of Loews Regency. We really appreciate your patronage and we will continue to try and impress you each and every time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home the next time you are in NYC!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After being very impressed with the beautiful new lobby and Regency lounge, we were thrilled when we walked into our beautiful suite. So SPACIOUS, fresh, light filled, beautifully furnished. Every detail was carefully thought through. Jim McPartlin treated us like royalty. Mallory and the entire staff were amazing. What a find in NY City. Location is perfect and the hotel experience is as well. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the rave review Julie O! We are so pleased you enjoyed your suite so much and were treated like royalty from our Managing Director and the rest of our team members. That's what we are all about! We endeavor to make every experience like this for every guest! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend two weeks ago and found it to be fabulous. Is has a great location, comfortable, spacious and modern rooms. However, we now just wrapped up a four night stay with our two girls, and have to say that I have been disappointed with the experience.

On the first night our two teenage girls were riding up the elevator ahead of us, and an older man made an inappropriate comment to them (not the hotel's fault). The girls were shaken and told us about it immediately. Unfortunately it turned out that he had a room next to our two adjoining rooms. They were scared and wanted to ensure that our balcony was locked. When my wife went to do that the guy screamed at my wife. We called hotel security, and the hotel ended up moving us to two rooms at a different floor. Our teenage girls were not happy not to have a room adjoining ours, but we preferred that to the alternative of ruining our vacation by staying next to this guy.

The next few days were marked by a string of errors and a lack of customer service by the hotel. They made an error and thought that we were checking out a day earlier than we had reserved for. As a result, they had me stand in a very long line at the lobby to get new keys (see picture). There were plenty of hotel employees behind the desk but only one seemed to be taking care of guests. The room service carts from other guests were left for hours in the hallway, with not very appetizing used dishes (see picture). It would take room service one hour to deliver iced water to the room. Their final invoice was for rates higher than my confirmed reservation. Again I had to stand in line at check out to have them correct this.

I notified the hotel about these issues by both calling the front desk, and in writing while I was still there, and they didn't even bother to respond. This is not the kind of service that I expected from a luxury hotel like this.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank GalileoBlue
James M, General Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Sanperez: Please accept my most sincere apology. Your unfortunate experience flies in the face of all we try to accomplish here. I hope you will recognize it for a one-off and give us another try. If so, just contact me directly as I will want to give you my personal attention. Meantime, it is clear I need to meet with some team members...today. Enjoy your weekend.

Best -

Jim

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The location is incredible and provided a relaxing retreat to explore the city. All of the staff were conscientious of my needs. The room was very spacious and the decor was beautiful. The bathroom was luxurious and aesthetic. This is an upscale hotel that does not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Tessa T! It's great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was my first time for me to stay at the Loews Regency since it's renovations. The decor was more masculine in my opinion but the art deco style felt clean and fresh. My room was on the 14th floor and had a balcony, a nice treat when in NYC. It was very spacious however the bathroom was small, and oddly had 3 closets. I guess the reno wasn't as extensive... if it was my home I would have town down a wall and expanded the bathroom and got rid of one of the closets.

I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant every morning. There was still that "power breakfast" feel, service was a little slow but managers were always roaming around making sure everything was going well.

I love the location, I would come back again. I thought I took pictures but this time I forgot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iloveboutiquehotels
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your comments iloveboutiquehotels. We're happy to hear you loved your room on the 14th floor and had the benefit of a balcony (we love those balconies)! As you mention, we do have a lot of closet space in most of our rooms. And we are still the home of the Power Breakfast and have been since 1975. We love the energy it brings to the rest of the hotel throughout the week and we hope you enjoyed it too. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was a New Yorker for over thirty years and then we moved to Connecticut two years ago. Since then we have stayed in a lot of Manhattan hotels when we go into the city. For me, the Regency is the best of the bunch. I stayed there for one night last week and my experience typifies the Regency to me. When I checked in, my room wasn't ready. And so the desk clerk offered me a free drink in the bar and escorted me to the hostess, who seated me at a window table. I was almost through with my glass of wine when the desk clerk returned and told me I'd been upgraded to an executive suite (even though I was paying a bargain rate for a regular room). My room was beautiful and comfortable and had a view of the city. I also can't say enough about the staff, every person I encountered was friendly and eager to help. When I left the hotel to go home, I asked the doorman to get me a cab to Grand Central. Instead, he offered me a courtesy car that drove me there in style. The driver and I talked baseball the entire way.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the wonderful comments oldbat5387! We love the fact that you think we are the "quintessential New York hotel"...that is exactly what we strive to be! We are sorry to hear that we have lost you to Connecticut but very pleased to hear that you will be back to visit us, and now you have a home away from home in the city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!