“New Yorks best kept secret !!”

Royalton New York Hotel
Ranked #270 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is part of the Morgan group of designer hotels and is an experience in itself..
Even if you don't stay, pop in and have a look at the lobby, it's amazing !!
The interiors were designed by world leading designer Philip stark and it shows..
5 star all the way with little hidden extras and surprised everywhere..
A great feature we had in our room was a fire place and massive round bath that could fit a whole family if you wanted to!! The room was very well sized for New York and features an iPad for you to help arrange your days outings....
Location is perfect and close to all the New York mayhem while being in a slightly quieter tucked away location..
Can't wait to visit this property again !!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Craiganddaniel
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for such a great review! It sounds like you had the chance to enjoy one of our Alcove Suites with a fireplace and five foot round soaking tub. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotels décor and overall ambiance; we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at the Royalton for 5 nights with our teenage sons in June. The hotel was recommended to us by our wedding co-ordinatior as we were renewing our wedding vows in New York.
The staff were really friendly and made massive effort to help us out with lots of recommendations.
The hotel is very cool....in a stylish way.... My teenage sons thought it was like an Abercrombie And Fitch shop as is it cool, dark and has a great atmosphere.
The room was nice and we had two double beds. There is however very limited storage space. It was extremely difficult to hang and put away all our clothes in the space that was available. There is also limited shelf space in the bathroom for toiletries. I think they try very hard to be stylish and some things are slightly missing. It is still a highly recommended hotel. The staff over the entire stay were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and they were really friendly.
There were a couple of things we were disappointed with. We were told wi-fi was an extra cost but as we were paying over $2,500 for our stay we thought this was unfair.
Also, as we were renewing our wedding vows, our friends had been in touch to organise champagne for us on the morning. We didn't receive this. It was only after the event that friends asked me if we had received it, which of course we hadn't. I went to speak to them at reception and after some deliberation and enquiry, I was informed that they had come to the room but we had do not disturb sign on the door (this was only on whilst I was getting ready as the maid kept knocking at the door to clean the room) so they didn't deliver it, no note was placed under the door as normally would happen. We were also not told about it afterwards and it was only when I enquiried that I knew about it, I was disappointed with this and we were then offered the champagne but as it was at the end of the day ( the day after our wesding) and we were leaving early in the morning it wasn't something we felt we could enjoy. It did spoil things for us slightly. It was a little bit disappointing for the hotel not to even acknowledge our celebration, not that it should be expected but a bit of effort would have been nice.. that's the main reason that we couldn't give higher stars for this hotel..
Otherwise great hotel, great location. Just missing on personal touch slightly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JayCeesNo1
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I am pleased to hear our staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. My apologies that we did not acknowledge the renewal of your vows. We strive to celebrate all of life’s milestones and make every guest’s stay special and it sounds like we fell short of that. I hope you’ll give us another chance to celebrate a future occasion with you.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with my mum. The place is great. The hotel is in a great spot that is close to everything. It feels like a tiny hotel which is a nice change from huge hotels we have stayed at in the the past. Great hotel if you want an excellent, central spot to visit NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street as they have lots of big windows and are bright.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JoelKelly1977
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I am glad you enjoyed our central location in New York City. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

This has been my hotel of choice in NYC for my last few visits. Previously I had stayed downtown at the Soho Grand, but made a decision to move to midtown for ease of access to my new offices. The hotel is cool with a trendy vibe without being too far up it's own bottom. The rooms are very modern with great added touches like the ipads. Bar staff are attractive and knowledgeable and mix a great mojito. All in all very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

It is always good to hear that we have become someone’s hotel of choice. I am so happy you enjoyed the amenities in our rooms and our friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Having stayed at the Royalton last month I would not hesitate to return there or recommend. I have no complaints and the service across the board was fantastic - a big thanks especially to Qiara and Clay who were outstanding.
Worthy of comment was that the music in the bar could not have been better!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your recommendation! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We enjoyed our four days and nights at the recently renovated Royalton. Our room was just what we needed: quiet, comfortable, functional. The hotel supplies an iPad for free use - a nice touch. The hotel's mid-town location turned out to be quite convenient for us. Also, all of the staff members that we spoke to were friendly, courteous and helpful.

There were a couple of things that we didn't like. The entry foyer, reception, and the first floor elevator areas are very poorly lit. It's hard for us to understand how anybody thought that this design choice was a good idea.

Also, for what it's worth: there is a depression in the top of the basin in our bathroom that is clearly intended for the soap, but it does drain into the sink in any logical way. Consequently, the top of the basin quickly accumulates soapy puddle of water on its surface.

Overall though, we had a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, in-room iPads, and helpful staff. I’m sorry you felt there was a minor design flaw in our sinks, but I am happy to hear you still had an enjoyable stay. We hope you’ll join us again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I've been staying at the Royalton for over 6 years. Excellent service and hospitality - a stylish yet cozy retreat from the hustle and bustle from the city. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jorge F
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We pride ourselves in being your home away from home, and look forward to welcoming you back again and again. Until the next time.