“Great dinner b&b !”

Royalton New York Hotel
Ranked #270 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not my first time here, and it won't be my last. Warm welcome at reception, porters and restaurant staff (at Forty-Four) as well as helpful housekeeping and room service.
All of these things as well as a clean comfy bed and a good night's sleep - what more can a NYC hotel guest as for!?
Keep up the standard!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am glad our staff was welcoming and was able to assist you with all of your needs. It is always great to read when someone is already planning to return. We look forward to welcoming you at that time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband found a good deal on this hotel for our 3 night stay. I wish we had just splurged and stayed somewhere else. We have been to NYC before and stayed at hotels on the same street so it is hard not to compare. I called down to the front desk and requested a robe be brought up to our room and never received it. There are no shelves or ledges in the shower to put toiletries on so everything sat on the shower floor... Gross. The concierge was helpful, but had be tracked down twice when we needed assistance. I asked the receptionist to take our photo one evening before going out, and she scoffed about it. Not the kind of service I expected from such a high-regarded hotel.

I will say the linens were clean, the lobby was unique, and it is conveniently located to Times Square. The gentleman who helped with our bags and fetched our taxi to the airport was helpful. Check in and check out were easy. The rooms are adequate size for NYC.

In my opinion, this would be an adequate choice for a brief 1-2 day stay. For longer visits, I would consider other options.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Trvlgirl511
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not entirely enjoy your stay at the hotel. Some of the design aspects in the rooms, while being considered unique are not to everyone’s liking. I was pleased to see that you did enjoy the lobby and our location and that you found some of our key staff members helpful . I hope that you will stay with us again when you are next in the city for a couple of days.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The installations are great. It's located in the best place of NYC, everything is close to the hotel. I highly recommend this property. And the price is fair enough for what you are receiving, definitely I'm coming back here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

It is always great to read that someone will return to the hotel. I am so pleased that you had a good stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in New York

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed here three times in the last 2 years. Great staff. Yummy bar appetisers and decent restaurant food. Artsy, comfortable rooms. Nice bathrooms. Best hotel shower in a long time. Rooms a bit on the starkly modern side, lots of cold gray. A bit depressing if it's a cloudy or overcast day. A/C super efficient, room service does not stay open long enough for after-theatre. Best of all, you're close to the theatre district and Times Square without all the noise and crowds.
Night desk went out of their way to help us with some non-hotel issues.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are worth it. The hotel is a bit cramped (elevators are TINY), hallways very tiny...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It is wonderful to hear that our team on the desk went out of their way to assist you and ensure you had a great stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoy so many aspects of the hotel including the design of the rooms, out food and of course our amazing waterfall showers. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Royalton. The location is good. It is only a few blocks from the theatre district but far enough away that it is quiet, and shopping is also within walking distance. The hotel has a buzz. It is a place where people meet so it has a lovely atmosphere unlike some places we have stayed where you think you may be the only people there.

The hotel is extremely well designed. Our room was comfortable and everything was of an excellent quality. The shower is especially good with a hand held attachment for massaging ones aches after a day walking.

We would like to thank the staff who were friendly and courteous. They went out of their way to meet our requests.

When it comes to deciding on an hotel in New York, we will stay at the Royalton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesWharton

I am delighted to read that the staff were friendly, courteous and went out of their way to make sure that you had a good stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the buzz and atmosphere of the hotel and that you are planning to stay with us next time you are in the City.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here when in NY for a meeting. The lobby is very dark with loud music playing and the check in desks are small booth like things that aren't particularly well marked. The room was nice, very minimalist, good bed and linens and nice shower. One wall of the room was dominated by a large fireplace that didn't actually seem to work, which is probably a good thing if you dont want the hotel to burn down. Got a quick workout in at the very basic fitness center. Good location in midtown.

It's not the most functional place if you are staying for business. I would have thought it was a very cool place if I was traveling for pleasure and didnt really care if I couldn't exactly figure out how to turn the lights on over the bed when I needed to prepare for my meeting the next day. Also, even though internet was included in my rate, they didnt give met the internet key when I checked in and I had to request it from them, which was a bit of an aggravation needed to log on.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gwenni8

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am pleased that you liked your room and appreciated the bed and linens as well as the shower. The fireplaces in our rooms are functional however only during the Winter months when the New York weather really demands additional warmth.

I hope you will have the opportunity to return to us perhaps when you are staying for fun rather than business! We look forward to welcoming you at that time.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a very enjoyable three night break in this quirky hotel.The location is perfect for the first time tourist, being at the heart of everything particulary Times Square, Rockerfeller Centre and Grand Central Station. Unusual rooms with average breakfast but very friendly and helpful staff. If you are just looking for a comfortable and trendy location with no pool and limited gym this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Seek quieter rooms not at the front due to traffic and trashmen at 4am. If you can afford it upgrade...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank martyn h

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It is wonderful that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, our quirky rooms and public areas but most of all our friendly staff. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.