“Beautiful, Fantastic, Perfect Hotel”

Royalton New York Hotel
Ranked #249 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
“Beautiful, Fantastic, Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights in March Thursday - Monday for my 25th birthday trip. I used to work for Virgin Atlantic and have travelled to New York many times and stayed in some beautiful hotels with the airline so I am something of a hotel perfectionist. After many hours of research i chose the Royalton, it looked so inviting and glamorous and I could find not a bad word said about it on Tripadvisor.

From the moment we arrived we were treated no less than royalty, the guys on the door were lovely and friendly, they seemed genuinely interested in you, what you had planned, if you needed any help with anything, bags were taken from us and put in our rooms ready for when we got up there, they got cars for us when we needed them and remembered us by name. Check in was smooth and easy - i'd specified that we would like a soaking tub room (which by the way is just AMAZING) on my booking which we were upgraded to without any cost or problem - they seemed genuinely happy to make our trip as perfect as they could.

The lobby is beautiful, the glass fire is wonderful after a day out in the cold city. The bar is devine, i read that it was full of "trendy types" constantly and almost got the impression that you could feel out of place but this wasn't the case at all - yes there were people in the bar after work and of an evening but there was no pretention or preferential treatment of them. Just a lovely atmosphere.

Our room was lovely, plenty of space, not an awful lot of closet space but it's not like we were moving in (as much as i would LOVE to move into the Royalton permanantly!), the lighting was good, you could have it as bright or a dim as you'd like, the bathroom was just heaven, plenty of space for the two of us to get ready, plenty of light, soaking tub and rain shower to die for. No noise whatsoever from inside or outside and the bed was sooooooo cosy, infact i miss that bed!

I would 100% stay here the next time i am in NYC. I loved everything about it from the rooms to the lobby to the staff to the big red doors that when you arrive to them make you feel like you're about to walk into somewhere very exclusive.

Loved, loved, LOVED the Royalton.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
JN_Royalton, Front Desk Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
And we love, love, LOVE YOU! Won't you come back soon? Perhaps for your 26th Birthday? I am so glad that you had a perfect stay. It is a real pleasure when guests such as yourself experienced Royalton the way did!

Please feel free to contact me when you return!

Jaymes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, UK
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We got this hotel as a surprise bid win from Priceline at a very reasonable rate but depite being 'Priceline' customers we received the best service ever. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the lovely man at reception upgraded us to a fantastic huge room.
Everything about it was perfect and I can't understand the people complaining about the lighting as we had the option to have full, bright light or mood lighting, including candlelight. They even have dimmer switches in the shower room. Oh and what a shower!
When we requested ice to be brought to the room, it arrived in minutes.
There is also an excellent, small exercise room.
We practically had to be forced out of the room the next day and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Happy Anniversary again! I hope that we created great memories for you two. I am so happy that your anniversary was with us! Let me know should you ever need to return.

Sydney
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We arrived at about 630am in the morning from a long 21hour flight from Australia. Honestly didn't think we'd be able to check in, but Angel at the front desk said that there was a room available and that it'd be ok for us to check in then. Phew!

Room - perfect. Clean, roomy, well air-conditioned and awesome shower!

Service - all staff were great and very friendly!

Location - in the middle of all tourist attractions! subways were close by!

We had a great deal through bookings.com, unfortunately it wasn't priced the same for the length of our stay, so we had to move to another hotel. Definitely miss the Royatlon and wish we didn't have to leave. If you can afford it - I'd highly recommend you stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
And we miss you! When you are in town again, and with us. During a stay - Let us know should you ever want to extend. We can definitely try and work something out.

Feel free to contact me if you need reservations!

Milano
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Nice hotel in the middle of Manhattan. Romantic atmosphere due to the soft lights. Nice bar located at the ground floor.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We added another bar in the back by the restaurant - come back and join us!

Let me know if you do!

Regards,

Cardiff
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Stayed at the Royalton to celebrate my birthday and it was great. From the start of our stay, everything was perfect. The staff were very helpful and any questions we had to ask they were able to answer. The hotel is 5mins walk from Time Square and we found we were able to walk to many of the city's attractions from there. The foyer in the hotel is quiet dark but it is very nicely decorated. We had booked the standard room and it was quiet , comfortable and had a terrific shower.

Happy Birthday again!

Let us know when you return! I am so happy that we made your stay perfect and we want to do it again!

Regards,

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2010

The Royalton was a great hotel. We visited NYC in August for my father's birthday. The hotel itself was more appropriate for my age group (34) compared with my parents (60). I think my father felt a little out of place. The design of the hotel is very trendy and the hallways are definitely not as dark as some other reviewers state. The room itself was great, it was alot larger than I was expecting. The staff was polite and courteous and helped us out when needed. The only thing I can say negative about the hotel was the design of the mirrors in the bathroom. The way they are angled made it difficult for my girlfriend to do hair/makeup. Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat, perfect location and great rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Happy Birthday to your father again! Sorry that he felt out of place but rests assure that he is always welcomed here. Please accept my apologies for the mirrors - we can definitely send up another (more make-up appropriate) mirror next time!

Let me know when you are back in town!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Royalton for a long weekend in August. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome, being upgraded to a suite at reception. The staff are friendly and nothing seems too much trouble, they even sent champagne and strawberries to our room when they found out we were celebrating our Ruby wedding anniversary. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. The hotel itself is minutes from Times Square and walking distance to many major attractions. I would definitely recommend the Royalton and hope to stay there again another time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
JN_Royalton, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Dear Alfie2116,

Thank you very much for taking the time to such a 'fantastic' review! We think a Ruby Anniversary is pretty special stuff and deserves some celebrating, and we are thrilled you chose to share such a special occasion with us. We send you off with wonderful wishes for the coming year and we'll look forward to Emerald and Gold!

Congratulations and warm regards,