“Love the location”
Review of Shoreham

Shoreham
Ranked #305 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have stayed at the Shoreham twice in the last two years. Very pleasant both times. Great location for shopping and theather. Hotel has been remodel and is very comfortible. Staff is friendly and helpful. Front desk people are some of the best in the city. Rooms are not big but I figure as long as they are clean and comfy and they are I am happy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Gissel B, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear DTL0323,

Thank you for taking the time to share your postive feedback with us. I'm happy to hear our staff and room was to your standards. Our frontdesk team is truly a special one and we always try to make each individual stay memorable. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again,we'd look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards,

Gissel Barriola

There are newer reviews for Shoreham

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My experience was a pleasant one. The room, while not elaborate, fit my needs and was clean. The staff at the front desk was excellent. Johnathan at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and friendly, he helped us with a good room selection. Breakfast was very good, a great menu and again the staff was very friendly.
The location is great, only a block away from the Museum of Modern Arts. I would stay at the Shoreham again.

Room Tip: Ask for Johnathan, and get a higher floor facing the front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Gissel B, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Waynay6405,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our staff and restaurant was to your liking. Our team is truly a special one and Jonathan is most definetly one of our stars. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again,we'd look forward to welcoming you back!

Best,

GIssel Barriola

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Loved the location and the hotel. Would come back again because of convenience. The hotel could use some spiffing up to make it world class. But location is hard to beat - on West 55th Avenue, just few steps west of 5th Avenue.

Rooms are small, but no surprise for New York. Beds were comfortable. Non bedroom furniture (couches and carpet) were a bit worn out) but bedroom itself looked good and modern. We had the two bedroom suite. There are no doors on the bedrooms, which was kind of odd, but we could live with that. Also no closets in the bedroom whatsoever to hang up our suits. There is a hallway closet which we had to use.

Staff were friendly and helpful, with one in particular - Jonathan - who went out of his way to help us. Thank you JONATHAN for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wonderear

Dear Wonderear,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. We're delighted to hear that our location was convenient and enjoyable, it truly does make our hotel a hidden gem in midtown. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights, after seeing reviews and the great location. Our first room was on 5th floor but was noisy due to air conditioning units outside the room. Quick chat with Becca the manager and she moved us to 9th floor. Both rooms were of a good size, especially for NYC and I cannot praise Becca and her front of house staff enough - they were great. Bathrooms in both rooms were a good size and the rooms had separate living and bedroom areas. Really nice hotel, and I look forward to visiting them again.

Room Tip: 506 was a good size but moved to 907 which was bigger still. Didn't choose basic room as preferr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gissel B, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Ian_Graham_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our showers spacious. We’re lucky to have Bekkah and such an awesome team at the front desk! Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room had a living room area and huge bathroom. The bathroom was all white and large. The bed was very comfortable with crisp white bedding. We enjoyed drinks in the hotel bar/restaurant. I liked the fact that they had free drink service on arrival as well as in the mornings. They also have a business center with computers available to use along with free printing which came in handy for printing out our tickets to some of NYC's attractions. We enjoyed room service of wine and a fruit cheese plate that was given to us for free because we were there for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of places to go out in the area.
The only thing I didn't like about our experience there was they had washed the carpets in our room a few hours before we arrived so the room was a bit muggy and our rooms window faced the AC unit for the floor. All of these things can be resolved by having a different room, and I was ok with it being muggy vs having dirty carpets. We definitely plan on staying there again our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brittany R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We know how important comfort and convenience are when it comes to a hotel stay, we always try to go above your expectations. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is located in a great area. online it looks like a very chic boutique hotel. the hotel itself is not bad, the rooms are tiny but that is par for nyc. the problem is that it is sooooo rundown. everything is worn. even the buttons in the elevator, you really need to push them. they seem to have updated the bedding but the tvs are super worn looking, the tiles in the bathroom are stained from age, the windows are next to impossible to open (although i do love that you can open them). it is just a shame as with a small make over the hotel could really be a great one. i live in nyc but was staying here with husband on a meeting he was working at. i had some time to kill this morning as he left for work early and i could have had a lazy morning in but it is just not that type of room where you are feeling spoiled and amazing. i spoke w someone on the staff who confirmed that the hotel was purchased from another hotel 9 years ago and has not been redone since. unfortunately this is what it looks like. the bar was nice, the staff was fine, and the breakfast was fine. all was really fine. just a little disappointed as online it really does look very cool, chic and boutiquey.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nycchicky

Dear Nycchicky,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed our staff and bar. I'm disappointed to hear that you experienced some dissatisfaction during your stay, and I assure you these issues have been duly noted and we will use your feedback, we consistently strive to improve our product. If you decide to give us another chance please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future booking needs.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is looking shabby. I have stayed here several times over the last several years. The room we stayed in initially was dirty, the bathroom door did not close, and the bathtub and shower did not work. My husband and I were given a different room and the bathroom in that room was also dirty. The location is great, and the staff were really kind, but something needs to be done about the cleaning in this hotel. I am not a neat freak, but I do not expect to see a pile of other people's hair all over the bathroom floor and tub. Gross!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kate p,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. This is not typical of the service we provide our guest. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Glenda Maldonado