“All you need, some of what you want.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travel Inn Hotel New York

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #336 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Perth, Australia
“All you need, some of what you want.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

In early Dec I took a school group of teenage boys to NYC from Australia. The Travel Inn was a good choice for a home base whilst there for a week. It's inexpensive, in a great location and the rooms are a decent size. There are no frills but the boys thought it was a cool place. The staff at the front desk consistently looked annoyed whenever you fronted there and paying for wireless was a daily pain in the butt. But really all this wasn't enough for me to not recommend this place when wanting a cheap place to stay. I'd be booked it again.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Genista71
MILO928, Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
I thank you for your recent comments. I am glad to hear the boys enjoyed their stay so much with us. I apologize if the staff seemed in any way to be annoyed with you as we pride ourselves in having great personal and customer service skills towards all guests. We surely hope you choose the Travel Inn on your next venture to the city.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I booked this Hotel the week of Thanksgiving Novemer 21st - 23th. Price was $125 for the Monday and Tuesday and $225 for Wednesday night. This increase was acceptable/understandable since the next morning was the Macy's parade. We, however, were there camping out for the Justin Bieber Concert at the Today Show!

**It is VERY important to note that the price of this hotel INCLUDES parking. Absolutely unheard of in NYC! All the other hotels were $350 a night plus anywhere from $25-$50 extra per night for parking!

I first was concened a little about the location of the hotel (not knowing the city) but upon arrival found it to be perfectly fine. Actually they are directly across the street from the police station. I took off one star because when we first checked in they did send us to a "back section" of the hotel where the room was sort of like a closet. However, as soon as I called the front desk they immediately had us come back down and gave us a front room.

The rooms are nice and clean. Nothing spectacular but perfectly acceptable.

Nicest of all were the front desk staff. We had occasion to speak with them at all hours as we were coming back and forth at different times as my husband and I took turns camping in the cold and rain at Rockefeller Plaza. Every staff member was polite, cheerful and accomodating!

On our day of check out they even let us leave our car in the garage for the afternoon so that we could go on foot and do a little sightseeing. They are only 3 blocks from Times Square so the location couldnt have been better.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a decent hotel at a fair price. Or you can go 3 blocks down the road and pay twice as much or more for the same thing!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a "front view room".
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I arrived about 4 hours before check in time. I was allowed to park (great perk, parking is included with the room) and come back to check in. Room was very clean. No complaints at all. Location is fantastic. For any driving to New York, this is THE place to stay. Are there more fancy hotels in the city? Yes, but is the price worth it when the majority of the time is spent outside the room? I go to NYC for NYC not the hotel room, so I was EXTREMELY pleased with the price, location, and quality of the hotel. I will most definitely stay here my next visit to NYC. I found the staff helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face 42nd street.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MILO928, Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
I thank you for your recent comments and am so happy that your stay was a success. I think your comment regarding our staff is most important to us. We strive to have the utmost in customer service and a friendly staff goes a long way. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I was expecting it to be average at best but boy was I wrong. From the great location, to the extremely clean room to lovely LCD tv and of course the free parking! It was all good. I asked for a higher floor and facing the pool and the staff complied willingly. The room I got was a double double, room 625. I don't know if they're all the same quality though, but the one I got was just like the pictures on the website.

Room Tip: Room 625 was very nice indeed, it was facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I truly thank you for your kind words regarding your last stay with us. We do look forward to your next stay with us. I would point out that our televisions are brand new and we are the only hotel in all of New York that offers free parking so it is a benefit that none should pass up especially if you know parking rates in the city.

Knoxville, TN.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Retired couple with son/wife to see Christmas season in NYC-4 days- we had a double double room
1) Reservations & front desk- Ailyn did a great and helpful job in helping us choose the right room for our wants. Last day we had a health set back and staff was VERY helpful working on some details.
2) Some food places we tried - Broadway Bagel , deli next door very convenient and economical and good; two blocks going east Theater Row Diner good at night ; Ovest Pizzoteca (see Yelp reviews) we really enjoyed ; Carnegie Deli, good food - not so good- OVER priced, $12 min. per person no credit cards, I would choose Katz hands down; Laguardia airport- Delta food court hamburger and salad bar reasonable and good.
3) Transportation- M-42 bus right outside door of Hotel, it runs East & West.
To and from Laguardia to Hotel- > M-60 bus to Astoria Boulevard/31 street- ride N or Q subway to Times Square- M-42 to Hotel. Reverse to airport. We left Hotel on Thursday 3:45p and were at airport about 4:50p with rain.
4) Sight seeing- we did Gray Line hop on-off. Son wanted overview of NYC I went into overload with useless extra details. I would agree with other reviews of touring NYC pick out what you want to see and do your own thing , the MTA Trip Planner is great for it.
Personal comment on various reviews- anyone can look for and nitpick almost anything, it boils down to attitude. If you want to have a great time then do it, enjoy the people try to know a little about them, most people want to help out if you don't treat them as a personal slave. Life is too short to always be looking out to something to dog about.
tampatom

Room Tip: Ask reservations for guidance and do your own research beforehand
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tampatom1
Watertown, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

The hotel has a great location and everything you need available. We arrived at ten in the morning and they allowed us to park early. It was a great value, we will definitely return again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

About our 5th stay at T.I. By far our best experience,very clean,updated and spacious and the staff was wonderful.free indoor parking,definately return...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple