“Besides the mouse in my room this place was fine”

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #339 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Besides the mouse in my room this place was fine”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Yes, there was a mouse in my room. But I am still here for one more night. I chalk the mouse up to the fact that we are in NY and well, they outnumber people in the city. Didn't seem like this was a regular occurrence for the staff which reassured me a bit. The place is clean and staff has handled the situation well enough (helped me collect my stuff and moved me to another room on another floor). Unfortunately my new room is not renovated like my first one was, but as long as it is mouse free, I still like it better.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Lkmahoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very happy with our stay here. You could walk to anywhere in Times Square and the value seems to be unmatched. Room was nothing fancy, but was clean and comfortable. The free parking was a HUGE plus as well. Would easily stay here again. With what we saved we were able to check out a second show, so thanks Travel Inn.
Doorman was very friendly and helpful as well.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughter and I decided to stay here after finding on Orbitz and the price was good ($199/night) and the reviews were ok.

The GOOD: price, location, cleanliness, free parking

The "NOT SO GOOD": Somewhat noisy, no free Wi-Fi, no coffee maker in room nor in lobby (have to go next door for coffee/food), some staff aren't very friendly (doormen were nice), lighting in bathroom was dim.

There WAS one weird thing that happened....since my daughter and I were traveling alone we had knock at door in late afternoon by man asking to come in to fix something in our bathroom. I could see him from peep hole and he MAY have been hotel employee but I did not know. I did NOT let him in and phoned the main desk. The manager was not aware of anything but said it was probably someone from the hotel and asked if I had complained about a problem, I said I had not. Just weird. I think he should have known if his employee was knocking on our door or if there was a problem that needed fixing. This incident made us uncomfortable.

Otherwise, our stay was comfortable and the price was right and the free parking a real perk. We will probably consider staying there again when in NY.

Room Tip: If you want less noise, ask for room away from street.
2 Thank Diane L
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My party of 4 adults shared a double queen for a whirlwind weekend in NYC. While not roomy, it was adequate. REALLY NEEDS more electrical outlets. Most of the available ones are in use by appliances and light fixtures of the hotel. GREAT LOCATION, in reasonable walking distance of Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Theatre District, Madison Ave., transit stations. Grand Central station walkable if you only have carry-on luggage on wheels or light backpack. Advertises air conditioning, but we couldn't cool the room to comfortable temp in APRIL...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I know it's a budget friendly hotel but it is still a little expensive for what it is . On the positive side, the room was large ,good storage space and had a fridge .However decor is dated and the room was cold. No coffee machine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed in 2 rooms family of 4 adults and teenage son for five nights from April 8th . Rooms were very clean and nicely decorated . Very comfortable beds and bathroom facilities good . Located 10 minute walk from Times Square it was close enough but far enough away from any noise so no disturbed sleep . Good reception facilities and helpful friendly staff . Maid service daily . The hotel always smelt clean and fresh . Room service provided by a Diner across the road where we ended up having breakfast daily as great service and prices. Would definitely recommend.Swimming pool not open until May but this would be a welcome facility after a busy day sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Cariow1
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Started off with them giving away our room that we had booked 6 months ago because "they had a large group". The front desk clerk asked if it was 2 ladies staying in the room (it was) and then decided that it would be fine for us to have to share a sing king sized room. I wondered if we were 2 men, would he had done the same? He insisted the king single was very nice. It wasn't. The room was tiny, the bathroom even smaller, and it was at least 85 degrees in the room with no window to open. The next night we got moved into a room that had 2 double beds like we booked. It was just ok and at least there was a window to open. The beds were a little creaky, the decor a little 70's, bathroom also very small. Smells like an old building. The heat and air is controlled by the staff so they decide if you sweat or freeze...there is no in between. The hot water was scalding hot and the shower knob would get so hot, the metal would burn you when you tried to turn it off unless you run out of hot water 5 minutes after taking a shower which happened multiple times. No coffeemaker....I repeat NO COFFEE MAKER! Front desk was always rude. Didn't inform us that we were being charged for internet until our 4th and final night. Only positive was that the maids were good and friendly in the halls. The price was hard to pass up....but you should pass it up.

Room Tip: All the rooms are noisy, you can hear through the walls. No control over the temp in the room, make...

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels