“can't go wrong here”

Ranked #102 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Austin, Texas
“can't go wrong here”
Reviewed 4 October 2007

Very hard to find fault with this hotel. Ideal location, great staff, well appointed rooms, 2 big closets, nice gym, free computers in business center to check email. Our room had a long hallway, mini kitchen complete with stove, toaster, coffee maker. Very nice to make a simple breakfast in the room instead of going out or room service. There is a whole foods in the Time Warner building across the street. Of course, this is an expensive hotel, but we got a great corporate rate ($380) which made it a good deal.

• Liked — location, decor
  • Disliked — no fan in bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Peter D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Riverside, California
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Overall, the hotel is great. Loved the service and attention to detail. Only problem I faced was after a very long day, I wanted to take a bath and relax in the jacuzzi tub. First problem - the knob to turn on the water was broken! I called the front desk and they sent facilities immediately to the room. An hour later after ripping the wall out, housekeeping came to reclean the tub. After I finally had some running water, I turned on the shower just to give it an extra rinse - and the shower head was facing the wall and I couldn't turn it! I called the front desk again and this time I was upset. They sent facilities back to fix the shower head. I asked if there was anything else the Trump hotel could do to help soothe my nerves after a long day, and now the disappointment of waiting for an hour and a half to fix the shower. So, they said I could have breakfast on them. Well, next time I book into the hotel, I will be asking if the shower is working!!!

• Liked — The attention to detail.
  • Disliked — The broken tub valve and shower head!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
7 Thank cassiopiea
Chicago
Reviewed 16 September 2007

Staying in New York can always be a toss up, but one thing is for sure, whether the hotel lives up to the 4 plus star rating or not, the prices are sky high. Trump is worth the money and was suprisingly a bit lower in price than the other high end hotels (Mandarin, Ritz, Four Seasons). We stayed at the Ritz Central Park last year and were VERY dissappointed. We were just paying for the name because the hotel was less than par. Trump is luxurious without being over the top. Very neutral decor, midly scented bathroom products, located across from Central Park. Trump pays attention to EVERY detail. We were very comfortable in our room and were able to get a great nights rest on the bed. Wonderful spa with 80 degree swimming pool (2 lane pool) and right next door to Whole Foods! While the food from room service was delicious, it was nice to be able to save a bit of money by running over to Whole Foods for snacks, drinks, etc. Well worth the money if you are in the market for spending the 4-5 star prices for hotels in Manhattan.

Stayed September 2007
11 Thank hotelsnobChicago
chicago
Reviewed 27 August 2007

The Hotel was beautiful. Gold, Gold, Gold is what you open your eyes to when you look at this massive hotel. I checked in early Thursday morning into an executive one bedroom suite(get it if this is in your budget) and the room was ready how wonderful. The room was clean, updated, cozy and comfortable. The best staff I ever encountered. The Best Bellman award goes to "Ming". This guy is helpful in shopping ladies. Very professional and helpful. I ate breakfast everyday at the hotel restaurant. The best breakfast in the world. I did not know eggs and buttermilk pancakes can taste so good. The hotel was pricey for most people (including myself) but I wanted to indulge in luxury to treat my husband and I on an unforgettable weekend trip. Because of Trump hotel I will always stay at the world's finest hotels. My next New York trip I will be at the Trump international Hotel.

• Liked — willing to do anything you ask staff
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dhygiene2
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Spent three nights on a girls' road trip. Wow. I am very very picky and this wonderful place certainly lives up to its reputation. The service was impeccable; best I have ever seen. The staff are great and go out of their way to make sure you feel like royalty. The location cannot be beat. We had a suite which is more like an apartment with a full kitchen. This is a keeper. Would absolutely stay here again. Room was spotless; furniture looked new. Really worth the money and I frequently don't say that.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
6 Thank AimeeG
Ireland
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Room was fab with a great view of central park. Staff were very very friendly and helpful. Room Service was excellent. No complaints at all except we were told that we had been upgraded when in fact we hadn't been at all it was the room I had originally booked!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jancent
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 August 2007

Staff was great food was great. Everything was so nice and our view from our room was so cool it was fantastic one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. 5 Stars all the way. anyone who thinks this hotel is a dump is crazy! Sure it is a little pricy but it is worth it! For those who are looking for a getaway for 2 or 3 days this is the place for you!

• Liked — Everything was great!
  • Disliked — The prices for the food in the room was a little high $3.50 for one pack of skittles was bad.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family